“The things that counted - they got perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan

The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan
Ranked #6 of 454 Hotels in Jakarta
australia
“The things that counted - they got perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We arrived and were impressed with the size of the room - bed king size - check; dressing room - check; desk, 2 couches and table - check; large bathroom, 2 sinks, bath, separate shower - check; flat screen tv and dvd - check. The bed was extremely comfortable and was not at all as hard as we usually experience in hotel rooms. The pillows as well were supportive and comfortable. It was easy to control the air conditioning in the room and it was never too hot or too cold. I enjoyed the shower. The water temperature was easy to control and did not deviate, pressure stayed constant. Breakfast was included in the room rate and there was plenty of choice and amount of food - freshly squeezed juice, choose between english, american, indonesian, japanese..... Eggs cooked to order, pork or beef bacon, lovely fresh bread and pastries, endless tea or coffee to order too! The hotel had a shuttle bus to take you to the local malls. We also arranged an afternoon tour to our specification through the concierge. The bar staff were friendly and accommodating. We were also able to book our return taxi to the airport through the front desk and prepay when we checked out. We were also impressed with the level of security at the entrance. All vehicles were stopped and checked front and back, inside and out including under the bonnet. As you entered the hotel you had to go through similar security to the airport with bags xrayed and walking through a metal detector. It made us feel very safe. Our friends held their wedding reception in the hotel and we were very impressed with the food and service at the reception.

Room Tip: our friends were on level 8 and had an excellent view of the pool
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We tried the Ritz on our way back from Bali & Lombok. It is exceptional.

This is one of the best hotels I have had the pleasure of staying in, all the staff is polite, service is efficient and food is very good. It’s a luxury five star hotel, well run, well serviced and very well managed. Management should be proud.

We conducted the check-in process in our own room which was really comfortable.

If you want an advice, do not go out alone in Jakarta unless you are familiar with the city. Use a hire car and driver. The hotel will provide you a great limo service.

In my opinion this is a must stay location if you are traveling to Jakarta.

Last but not less Thanks RC and Ellya for making my wife and I feel as comfortable as if we were at home.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bandung, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed one night for a private function held by one of our business partner. The room was nice and very comfortable, during checked out I was very upset finding that our driver paid every time he exited the parking garage, even though we have registered the car license plate through the reception as well I was rudely scolded by the security when exiting the parking garage and left with confusion on how to get to the main lobby. I was hoping that we as a staying guest would get a courteous directions in a proper manner. I was very very disappointed during our stay this time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ErnaEksaningrum, Director of Quality at The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Agnesenrico,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your valuable time to write us a feedback regarding your recent stay in our hotel.

I trully apologized for the inconvenience you have experienced and allow me to address this to my team as well as our business partners to ensure that a true Ritz-Carlton quality of service is enlivened at all times.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at erna.eksaningrum@ritzcarlton.com should you wish to discuss further.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and giving us another opportunity to restore your trust towards our brand.

Warm regards,

Erna Eksaningrum
Director of Quality
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is probably the best hotel in Jakarta because offers pure luxury and serenity from the hustle bustle of Jakarta. Lovely Lobby Area, Large Breakfast choices, Quality tea and wines served for free in Executive lounge all day, evening snacks in the lounge are delicious, friendly service, Large room, comfortable beds, Choice of Pillows, Lovely bathroom, beautiful swimming pool and gym area.

Room Tip: Executive Room as it comes with many benefits
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is one of the best hotels i have had the pleasure of staying in, there is nothing that is too much trouble, the staff are polite courteous and always greet you by name. Service is fast and efficient and food is of the highest quality. if you are traveling for business or pleasure in Indonesia this is a must stay location.

Room Tip: The club rooms and facilities are second to none book or upgrade if possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had a very comfortable stay and the room was magnificent. I was a little annoyed with the slow check-in as there was a large group ahead of us, and I would have appreciated somebody taking us aside for a private check-in as it was late in the evening - still, it was easy enough for me to overlook this when they upgraded me to a lovely suite. Service was very good - very courteous and professional staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Location
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed four nights, 4th Aug 2014 to today(8th Aug 2014) and moving to another city. My colleagues in Indonesian branch said the meal in this hotel is terrible but it's not bad to me; of course it depends on one's taste so make a decision by yourself.

Staves are friendly and very helpful. For me it's way too kind in my opinion; I must praise their effort to handle my requests. The workers of this hotel are professionals and you will be aided.

The only thing I disappointed about is the room. My room on 18th floor towards poolside was spacious and silent; however smells a bit moldy but not that unbearable.

Moreover, the access to public transportation is uncomfortable, but I don't think it's a problem since this hotel is in a top-end class and probably you'll call a taxi or limo.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo