“Very Good City Hotel”

Ranked #142 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Jalandhar, India
“Very Good City Hotel”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This Hotel is Very nice as per Best Western Standards worldwide. The rooms are comfortable and spacious and the Room Service is also Quick and responsive. Overall experience was upto my expectations and best western Stardards

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sanjeev S
BWGrandPalace, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kemayoran, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Mr. Sanjeev S,

"Warmest Greetings from BEST WESTERN Grand Palace Kemayoran Hotel..."

We value your patronage and appreciate your confidence in us. Counting you among our customers is something for which we are especially grateful. We really appreciate for your nice comment to our room and customer service.

BEST WESTERN Grand Palace hotel as the first international chain in Kemayoran will keep the international standard of BEST WESTERN. We promise you and all our guests that this kind of service will be keep maintained and improved.

Thank you once again and we look forward to serve you again in the future.

Ferry Andry Suswanto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

the first impression when i get here is that it has very BAD service
its true that i arrived a bit early for the check in
their check in time is 1 pm
whereas i arrive 11:30 am
the concierge who wait in front of the property was not helpful
the concierge told me that it is still to early to check in and told me to please come back
i mean what kind of a crappy service is this
a hotel concierge that asks their guest to come back???!!!
believe it or not, it's best western, an international standard hotel brand
i know best western is known for budget hotels
but still, this is not the kind of service that i have in mind
as the concierge told me to come back later, i just walked in to the check in desk and talked with another officer who was in charge
but then it was about the same
i was told the same thing again
but then i told the person in charge that i will come back later but at least i wanted to leave my luggage and stuffs in the hotel first
they seem kinda reluctant at first
in the end, they did let me leave my luggage (which is a very common thing to do if we check in too early, don't you all agree?)
another silly thing is that they miscalculate the room charge
and i remember seeing the officer in charge using a calculator to count the room charge for 2 nights stay (and still get it wrong??? the person was either stupid or best western hired the wrong guy for the job)
after all this ruckus, i left the hotel and came back in the evening
where another guy asked for the remaining cost that i needed to pay (covering up for the colleague's fault)
as the service was not good
i kinda had a hunch that the room itself was going to be very bad
but surprisingly
the room is quite alright
modern kind of standard hotel room
all the qrupments are still brand new and well taken care of
seeing how the room is, i would say that the quality of best western grand palace is quite alright
the only thing that they need to work on is their human resource
definitely needs further training on how to treat their guests properly
and the breakfast was quite ok
various menu
i don't like the bread though
looks pale
didn't even touched them
all in all i would say that it's average
once again, service and human resource needs a lot of improvements
hopefully they'll get better
or else they'll run out of business if this persists

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dicky_Tjhin
BWGrandPalace, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kemayoran, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Mr. Dicky Tjhin,

"Warmest Greetings from BEST WESTERN Grand Palace Kemayoran Hotel..."

Thank you for taking some time to review our hotel, firstly I want to convey our apologize for all the inconvenience that you might experience during your stay in our hotel which mainly caused from the service.

I will make sure that this kind of service will not happen again in the future and let me assure you that this kind of service is not BEST WESTERN Grand Palace Kemayoran Hotel's service standard.

For your information, our check in time is at 2 pm and we will manage early service depends on the room availability, we will make an effort for our guest getting early check in only if there is room available which is suitable with your booking, thus if there is not we are really sorry we can't help you to check in early.

We also apologize for the miscalculate the room charge, I will make sure that all our front desk staffs will get more training regarding to this matter.

I promise you that we will improve our staffs' performance and service quality to serve our guest better in the future.

Thank you for your credit to our room's amenities, we keep our room as comfortable as best we can to make our guest comfort stay in our hotel.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to serve you better here in the future.

Best regards,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 11 May 2014

O.K. just to make it clear, this is a cheap hotel, thus the benchmark cannot be the Ritz. The hotel apparently recently has openened, there was still construction going on, but o.k. at least at night there was no noise. Starting with the rooms: They are really spacious, there is big flatscreen and I considered the bad extremely comfortable. The bathroom was also spacious and I like the tropical shower with hot and cold water. The WiFi was working well. Coming to the breakfast: As Western guy I often felt lost in Indonesian hotels, as they simply forget we have different tastes. But not in this hotel, the breakfast was extremely good, and the Soto padang was a real high light :-) I cannot confirm that staff was not helpful, they were really nice, chatted with me and served friendly, I found that the check out was to slow, but at least people were really friendly. But there are some points that need to be put on the table. First of all on sustainability: the hotel is a very simple cement monument where cheapest materials were used. I found already damages in the walls. The biggest disaster is the elevators.What have you thought about when you built up these elevators? The are small and slow, but the worst: There is space for two plus luggage. Waiting time was already acceptable although the hotel was empty. The fitness room is really below average and was not yet open, neither the swimming pool was open, but the hotel did not mention it. And there was one no Go: The bath room floor was covered by hair, but certainly not mine. After my complaint nobody came, sorry, this is a No go. As a summary: For all who want a big comfortable room with a nice bath room, but has not the big money, this is the place to go, for all, who want to have something in addition and hate simple cement construction and besides to not like to see slums at all views when looking out of window, you should not go.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ralf P
BWGrandPalace, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kemayoran, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Mr. Ralf P,

"Warmest Greetings from BEST WESTERN Grand Palace Kemayoran Hotel..."

Thank you for your willingness and kindness in reviewing our hotel.

We really appreciated your positive comments and complete translation of every aspect and detail of our hotel.
I will make sure that every positive things in our hotel are maintained well and for the customer service to be remained friendly and helpful to our guests yet still improve their performance for check out handling.

We really realize that we need improvement in some aspects in our hotel. Thus, we thank you for your constructive criticisms to some details in our room specification.
For the fitness center, I am pleased to inform you that is now officially open and we also adding more fitness equipment in order to serve our guests better. Swimming pool is still on progress yet we can make sure you still can swim in another swimming pool that is not far enough from the hotel and it is free of charge.
I will make sure for department concerned to improve their performance especially for bathroom cleanliness and make sure that this kind of problem will never happen again in the future.

We really appreciated for your review and thank you once again for your constructive review.
I will make sure that we improve ourselves to be better and promise you that this improvement will serve our guests better in the future.

We thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Grand Palace Kemayoran Hotel as your choice for staying and hope will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

The check-in counter staff not helpful, not friendly, not notice with the request of the guest. . The room are comfortable, spacious, but i get the room that was not replaced pillowcase, so i can smell the parfume of the guest before me sticking at pillow.. And then my bath towel dirty (there are patches of yellow)..
Actually so comfy to stay here but you need training your staff about service quality.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
BWGrandPalace, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kemayoran, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Ms. Syarifah A,

"Warmest Greetings from BEST WESTERN Grand Palace Kemayoran Hotel..."

Firstly, I want to thank you for your willingness in reviewing our hotel. Please let me convey our sincere apology for your uncomfortable during the check in and our imperfect amenities.

Let me assure you that what happened in your case is not typical of BEST WESTERN Grand Palace Kemayoran Hotel level of customer service. We continue to be committed to providing you and all of our customers with the highest standards of service in the industry and promise this kind of problem will never happen again in the future.

I will make sure that all staffs trained well, thus make our guest more comfortable during their stay.

We really appreciate your constructive critiques and we thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Grand Palace Kemayoran Hotel as your choice for staying.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great hotel, friendly staff. The receptionists and managers really offered me great help and provided me with a solution asap although I asked for it last minute!!!
I would really like to thank you all for the help!
They even prepared special food for me when I asked them too. I never found this help in preparing food for me in any other hotel all these years that I am travelling!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cristiana P
BWGrandPalace, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kemayoran, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Ms. Christiana P,

"Warmest Greetings from BEST WESTERN Grand Palace Kemayoran Hotel..."

Thank you so much for your willingness to take some time reviewing our hotel.
We really appreciated for your great comment and thank you for recognizing our staffs efforts.
We will make sure that your great comment will be shared with our staffs, especially Front Office and Food Beverages team, as a trigger to serve our guests better and better.

We keep improving ourselves to give excellent customer service for every single guest.
Our entire team shall look forward to serve you again in the future.

Have a nice trip and we will see you again in the future.

Best regards,

Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

If you want a peaceful stay wait a few months until the renovations are completed at this hotel. After that you might sleep without dusturbance. Why managenent would continue work on a Sunday morning with 100% occupancy defies hospitality logic!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndyMc1972
BWGrandPalace, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kemayoran, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Mr. AndyMc1972,
“…Warmest Greetings from BEST WESTERN Grand Palace Kemayoran Hotel…”
Thank you for taking your time to write a review for us.

I convey to you our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We have already informed and discussed regards to this matter with people concerned. Thus our guests in the future won’t be experienced by similar problem.

We continue to be committed to providing you and all of our guests with the highest standards of service in the industry. I will make sure this comment pass to our concerned team and we guarantee this kind of problem will never happen again in the future.

Mr. AndyMc1972 thank you once again for your kind review. we are highly valued your review very much.