“Best Stay Ever”

ARTOTEL Thamrin - Jakarta
Ranked #44 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel for a short business trip to Jakarta. The location was perfect as it is right in the middle of the business district and unlike other business hotels around the area within the same budget, Artotel really sets itself apart.

The hotel is well designed and after a long day, going back to my room was the thing I really look forward to. The room size was just perfect and the amenities were nicely designed. Several minor issues for me was the size of the desk in the room and the small closet, but the hotel made it up with a super comfy bed.

Breakfast was okay, no complaints there. We tried out RoCa for dinner and left very satisfied, ordered an orange chicken rice and cone dog and we really enjoyed them both, YUM! The staffs were also very helpful.

Will surely come back here for my next visit to Jakarta. Highly recommended

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank Dane79
Write a ReviewReviews (1,166)

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great location, easy access to the city downtown. stayed there for 2 days on the 4th floor.
uniquely designed. likes the artwork in the lobby, nice touch. very helpful staff members, especially the valet at the hotel porch, they are genuine and knowledgeable about local surroundings.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
12  Thank trout88
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Design is awesome, full of detail in every touch, every corner.
I never fell bore while staying even dont wanna go out from hotel. Hotel location just few step from Sarinah dept store, many eatery arround
Room space nice for two, very comfortable bed and super clean smell good too. My sleep quality was good. Hotel staff very attentive and friendlly, you can't ask more. Highly reccomended for anyone who visit jakarta for budget 60~80 $/night.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank Setyabudianto
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Knowing this is no a big hotel, before check in, me and my fiancee manage our expectation. However, since we arrive, we are blown by this hotel. Receptionist were very helpful, the hotel design refreshen our mind since its very artsy. We can see that the owner not just build a room in a building but he/she pay attention to detail and seriously make it in line with the concept. We are having problem with the usb connection and air con and we call the engineer twice but every time they arrive, they always smile and helpful. Everytime we met staff, the will say greetinga politely. The room is small but we love it since its comfy and clean and very artistic. As i said previously, before arrived we managed our expectation including for breakfast however we are very happy when we had pur berakfast, its complete and taste good.
My summary, this is a hotel worth to stay. And furthermore its in a center of city close to several big shopping mall and biggest retail market Tanah Abang.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank aprilia_mitra
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Amazing design, beautiful rooms and flabbergasting details. Apart from being beautiful is comfy, cozy and the staff are very helpful. I enjoyed every minute of it. Loved the toiletries, the small details and the breakfast buffet was huge and tasty. I stayed in a double room for individual use and the bed was soft and comfy, the room had every single thing you could need and it was spotless. I would definitely go back!!!!

Wonderful hotel!!!

Room Tip: They are all unique, so any of them will be fun!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank Agarratequevoy
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a week. The first room we were given did not have a fridge so we paid extra for a room with a fridge. The rooms are very clean and the bed is so comftable. There are no booklets in the room to tell you about the hotel or surrouding ameanaties The breakfast could do with changing at least twice a week. The bar is 24 hrs but only as 5 beers and while we were there they ran out of 2 for 3 days. The hotel staff were very good, but did not go out of their way to explain any places for a tourist to see. I lost my credit cards and phone on the first day in a taxi, and was told by reception I couls not make interational call even collect calls from my room or at reception. My wife needed to ask reception for a hair dryer to be brought up to the room. The location is good we found a great mall across the road with a super market on the ground floor. You must try thr Chocolate shop next door to die for.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank expat15e
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel this January. My first image is the uniqueness. Room interior is not usually, in a good way i mean. Bored with plain white wall in most of the hotel, you should come to this hotel.
Since this hotel is brand new, the cleanliness is very good. The bed is so comfy and smooth. I like what they served on breakfast. The taste is amazingly nice. 3 stars hotel with 4 star's breakfast quality.
The location is very strategic, just next to Sarinah Plaza. Only 100-150 meters into Thamrin streets. 3-5 min to get public transport.
Definitely I will visit this hotel again someday.

Everything has strength and weakness, from my point of view, this hotel has thin wall and door. It's not soundproof hence you can here another room close their doors.

Room Tip: ask for quite room, far from the elevator is preferable.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo