“Good !”

Ranked #180 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Dubai
“Good !”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed in this hotel once. I had 3 bedroom, 2 suites and 1 standart, for my big family. I booked this hotel, direct through their webs', since that the pictures was convincing, beside they gave a very good deal, for the suite. I was so impressed with the staff from the reservation dept' who took my booking, I spoke with him on the phone, to make sure. Checked in was good, quick and easy. But, the room was not as I expected, not the same with pictures. And the bathroom, was quite sad actually, really, is getting quite old and definetely need to be refreshed. The suite room has to separate room, the bedroom, which is quite big, but looks a bit empty, because there's not enough furniture in it, not even a single sofa or anykind of chair. You have to put your luggage on the floor. Meanwhile in the living room, there's only 1 two-seat sofa, and one small high table, a bit useless actually. The only thing I like, is the comfortable bed and the big TV Flatscreen. The standart room, was small, but clean, it's ok though. The breakfast was good. Other thing is, this hotel has a very strategic location in Kemang Area, surround by Restaurants and shops, within walking distance, but I'm not sure if you can actually walk, there. So, either you take a taxi, rented car, or bajaj, I can't remember if there's any buses around Kemang, but even there is some, I would not recommend, especially for tourist. Over all, with a good given rate, and the friendly staff, it was good ! But not for now, I tried to make another booking for this hotel for the coming March, the price is much higher, so I'm not really sure.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Farah F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Check in was friendly and efficient. The hotel's situation is excellent for seeing Kemang. The rooms are comfortable and clean but the whole hotel is in need of a makeover. Old carpets in the hallways. The service is friendly but not as efficient as it should be. I found a smelly gorgonzola cheese from some previous guest in the minibar. Also there were no alcoholic drinks in the minibar which seemed strange for a hotel in this category. The tv was also disconnected and I had to call maintenance but both things were cleared up quickly.
The breakfast had a good selection of dishes but just about everything was cold. No-one had checked to see if the burners were working. Rather disappointing. In terms of value for money you can do better than this. The Ibis Tamrin in Central Jakarta has smaller rooms but every bit as comfortable and better service and breakfast. In Kemang itself I would say pay a little extra and stay at the Grand Kemang.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank JAVAGREENMONKEY
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I stayed here last Saturday. Overall, it was fine for the price which was approx $75.

The room was nothing special but had everything I needed. The bed was quite comfortable and there was a decent selection of TV channels although the screen was slightly fuzzy. OK bathroom with basic toiletries. Reasonable-speed Internet is included in the price.

The staff were friendly (especially the guys on the door) and the receptionists were efficient - no problems checking in or out.

An extensive buffet breakfast is included in the price - indoor and outdoor seating areas and nice staff. The western selection wasn't much cop though; cheapo economy baked beans, burnt-to-a-cinder beef bacon that looked like it had been cooked in an industrial blast furnace, soggy, cold hash browns and that scourge of the medium-priced hotel breakfast: the 'juices' - the pineapple 'juice' was especially nasty - tasted more like floor cleaner.

The hotel is in a good location in Kemang, with lots of bars, restaurants, boutiques etc. on the doorstep. Light sleepers should be aware that there is a mosque next door though with a pretty powerful loudspeaker system!

Not sure how they organise their smoking/non smoking rooms; I was in a non-smoking room with a stern notice on the desk that threatened a $50 fine if you smoked in the room and yet the corridors smelt strongly of cigarette smoke. Don't they have non-smoking floors?

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Jakarta
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I stayed at Arion Swiss-Belhotel on a recommendation from a friend who also traveled with me to Jakarta although I further went on to Bali by myself and that's a different story.
Reason for selecting this hotel was its excellent location in Kemang being close to Beer Garden and also many other bars.
The 24 hour room service came in as a plus because I was out late night on most of the nights, as one of the other members said, the service is prompt and even the staff is always smiling.
I do see that some members complain about linens being dirty but I should say that my linens and towels were spotless and no such issues at all so it is a bit surprising to see such a stark contrast.
I booked through a local travel agent and was offered $90 per night rate for the Junior Suite including free Breakfast and Wi-fi.
One more good are the 32 inch flat screen tvs.
I even enjoyed the swimming pool (although small but nicely appointed) with my companions who I met in the Beer Garden.
I was able to get up in time on one morning and I really enjoyed the buffet breakfast.
One one of the mornings I had a buncha noisy teenagers running around my floor and the staff took care of it swiftly for which I would like to thank them or else I wouldn't be able to get a peaceful sleep.

Room Tip: Book through local travel agents in Jakarta to get a good rate.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I agree with many posts, this is not 4 star by any means. If it were a true 4 Star I would only have given it a 1 out of 5 rating. The hotel is doing itself and it's clients a disservice by exaggerating this fact so deserves some of the bad comments on trip adviser because of the clients expectation of something much better.

However the excellent rates I got through Trip Adviser made it obvious to me that this could not be a 4 star so I was prepared

Location is very good. Staff excellent. Room size a bit small but OK. Bathroom clean but getting slightly moldy, it's Asia! It wasn't dirty at all!

Linen was old but certainly not dirty. However no matter how generous I am being with this posting there is no need in this day and age for a Hotel to have towels as old and discolored as those found here. It indicates to me that the hotel is not investing in itself so only further droop in quality can be expected.

The rooms were clean but they are old and slightly musty.

Would I stay here again...it would be my first choice but if there was nothing else in the area absolutely.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of the Hotel as they are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cranjee
kerala
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Wow! what a drop in quality! The rooms are old, tiles cracked, linen dingy, room cleaning awful the bed had a borken spring and the service! oh my gosh! Twice I sent out three pieces of laundry with the same instruction for all pieces, had the instructions followed for some and not the others. I went up to swim and was told I could call housekeeping if I wanted a towel. No one is there when the dining room opens for service - the meal all set out and then no staff until about 45 minutes later!

No idea what has happened - I have stayed here several times and yes, the service has been getting worse, but boy! this is pretty much the bottom!!

Room Tip: high floor and facing out. The rooms that face into the courtyard are dreadful. Ask for the room fac...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in Oct-12. Room wise it is reasonably clean, although the bathroom looks quite old. Internet connection in the room is good and there are wide choice of TV channels. Service is very good, especially from the concierge, Rangga. A bit noisy in the morning since it is facing the main busy which is very busy road.Food selection for breakfast needs to be improved.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Hotel Ciputra Cibubur
Swiss-Belinn Simatupang
#110 of 465 in Jakarta
favehotel Kemang
#113 of 465 in Jakarta

Been to Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta? Share your experiences!