“Not meeting expectations”

The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments
Ranked #61 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Rooms are big but very basic and uncomfortable. Service is incredibly weak with most staff not understanding English well. They watched us carry our luggage upstairs and then check in took forever causing us to miss dinner in the cafes nearby which close at 8pm! Very difficult to go anywhere, therefore we had to order room service which took also forever and was really bad.
Would not expect this from a Marriott property!.,,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Euis M, Manager at The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2016

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Marriott Executive Apartments The Mayflower Jakarta,

Firstly let me thank you for your value comments and we truly appreciate your feedback.

On behalf of the hotel, please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused in regards of the service received. Let me assure you that what you experienced is not the standard that we provide to all our valuable guests. We have discussed all the issues internally and have also addressed these matters to all related departments to improve our service delivery and to ensure this never happens again in the future.

Once again, thank you for your review and we would be obliged if you give us an opportunity to serve you again and restore your confidence in Marriott Executive Apartments The Mayflower Jakarta.

EUIS MARTININGSIH
euis.martiningsih@execapartments.com

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Expected more from a Marriott property!

I booked a one bedroom apartment for a short stay. It has everything one needs but is basic. Size is ok, but rooms are narrow and long. Space between bed and TV is hardly enough.

Breakfast is poor and seem to be focusing on Asian clientele rather than international. In my view every 3 star Ibis has a better breakfast. The 'juice' is some unidentifiable sweet colourful liquid.

Also, internet is chargeable (+/- 15USD per day) and not very fast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Frank_Jakarta
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Make sure you understand that you're getting a nice apartment with kitchen, living room, bedroom and bath. You'll have to stock the kitchen yourself. So understand that you are getting an apartment first, and a hotel second.

There is only one restaurant and I think I got food poisoning there. Only people who are stuck without food in their apartment kitchen will eat there and so you can usually count the customers on one hand. They probably have to hold over a lot of food too way too long. For this reason alone, I wouldn't come back here.

The second reason I wouldn't come back here is that the street traffic outside the hotel is god-awful. Don't expect to be able to go anywhere during morning or evening rush hour. We took a taxi and covered about 500' in ten minutes. Gave up and got out and walked back to hotel. :-(

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Amit S, General Manager at The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your experience. I am certainly disappointed to know that your stay was not all that it could have been.

We are sorry for your unpleasant experience with our restaurant and your feedback has been shared with the team. Be assured that we take our hygiene standards very seriously and no exceptions are made at any time.

With regards to your comment on our hotel location, the hotel is located in the business district of Jakarta and just like any other part of this city, traffic can be a problem during peak hours. In this matter, we are very sorry to learn that our location was not ideal for you.

I hope that the remainder of your stay was enjoyable and I would be obliged if you give us an opportunity to serve you again and restore your confidence in The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had a good stay at the Mayflower Apartments in Jakarta. We only stayed here for two nights, but it was worthwhile. The pool and gym were good, and it was centrally located and close to the business district. High security at the entrance, but I think everything in Jakarta is like that. I would return.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JRWalker
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed for a night and the experience was unsatisfactory. Booked an airport pick up via the apartment which was good as it allowed to board the Silver Bird taxi faster compared to others. However although the Silver Bird driver was repeatedly told by the Mayflower staff the location of the hotel, it still did not stop the driver from behaving in the typical Indon driver style-asking me the foreigner for directions plus stopping at least three times to ask for directions from random people on the road. After much ordeal I arrived safely and managed to check in without too much hassle only to find my key card not working. Thus I had to waste time after a very long journey to head downstairs to get another key card. I was fortunate to meet the manager on duty that night and told him he should accompany me to ensure the key card works. Lucky for me, the manager was with me as sure enough the second key card did not work and the manager had to let me into the room using his master keycard. He gave some excuse about the batteries not working. I had to spend another 15-20 minutes waiting for the technician to fix the problem on my door. All this time I could have enjoyed a nice warm bath - sigh. Apart from that room service food quality was yummy and breakfast although simple was also enjoyable. The key highlight was when I departed i asked the front counter lady to book me a Sliver bird taxi that has credit card facilities. She also helped me communicate to the driver to ensure the driver understood the different destinations I needed to go before sending me to the airport. That part went very well - thank you to the lady working on 4 July 2013 around 11am-12pm.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sweeteners
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed in this apartment for 2 nights. Fantastic and huge apartment. Centre of jakarta. Close to business district but also great starting point for leisure trip. Breakfast is fine. Good gym and pool. For sure we are going to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Diederik B
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for one night i was planning to stay longer but i canceled the other nights
Staff were very friendly but......
Rooms and washroom were not clean you can see dust everywhere specially in the corners
Washroom was smelly
Carpet dusty and old
Water was leaking from the water cooler
Bed sheets and blankets had stain on it
Breakfast less than what is expected for Marriott
Utensils in the kitchen were not enough and old
No good supermarket or grocery store nearby and with traffic in Jakarta this is big problem
You can defiantly find better options in Jakarta with even less price

• Stayed: June 2013