The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments
Ranked #65 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed for two night last year and spend a wonderful time with great service.
The spa at that time was not available but it was nice treatment when we could have a spa treatment a week after.

I would recommended it for you

Room Tip: High floor, kuningan view more calm
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Amit S, General Manager at The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Ms. Theodora,

We thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience regarding your recent stay.
We are happy to know that you had the chance to try our spa treatment and delighted with the service we provided.

We appreciate your time and comments, look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

the property is in the heart of the city. The apartment was huge for a stay of two people and had great amenities.

The staff was great, however would like to the hotel to have a better breakfast / in-dining menu.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Amit S, General Manager at The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind message endorsing The Mayflower, Jakarta as “Great Experience”. That was most considerate and very kind.

Your comments are noted, appreciated and are most helpful. Assuring you of our commitment to raise standards further for the benefit of all our valued guests.

Thank you for reviewing us and we hope to see you again soon!.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The Mayflower is a serviced apartment that is nicely ladies in the IndoFood tower. There are convenient stores downstairs incurring a coffee shop and HSBC ATMs And you're not too far from the other great restaurants in town.

The rooms themselves are pretty spacious and comfortable with a solid good need and great pillows ensuring a good sleep.

The bathroom sports a shower cube as well as a bathtub and the water pressure is pretty good.

The only very small thing I can think of is that the breakfast room is a little small but it covers all your breakfast needs so I can't see it being an issue.

Well done Marriott for getting the formula right here in Jakarta.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Malek M
Amit S, General Manager at The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Mr. Malek,

Thank you for your kind review. It would seem that our mission was accomplished with regards to your stay. Assuring you of our commitment to raise standards further for the benefit of all our valued guests.

Once again, thank you for reviewing us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Had a great experience staying at this apartment. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The service is fast. The location is strategic. I just walked to my meetings. ;) Will definitely stay here when I go back to Jakarta for business.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Amit S, General Manager at The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Sir,

What can we say apart from “Thank you”. Your comments about our service and staffs are noted, appreciated and are most helpful.

Assuring you that the team here intends to keep it that way and improve further on a daily basis and it will always be your second home. We look forward to exceeding your expectations next time we may have the pleasure of your company.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband had a business trip to Jakarta so it was the office that arranged for the hotel. The room was comfortable in the sense that there's a lot of space for just two people, but given a choice, I would book elsewhere. Here's why:

1. Breakfast is very basic and not great. I've had much better meals at smaller hotels that are not even part of an international chain.

2. We had dinner at the café one night and when we needed our bill, no one was around. I tried calling out to the staff inside the kitchen three times, but they could not hear me. Good thing the front desk agent a few meters away saw me and gave our bill, otherwise we could have walked away without paying.

This also happened again when I returned the next day to place an order. The staff were nowhere to be found when I entered the café and had to call out "Hello, anybody home?" a few times before someone attended to me.

3. The soap dish had old soap leftover by previous guests and the toilet needed cleaning.

4. One kitchen drawer needed repair and the gap cover below the oven fell off every time I opened the oven door.

5. Thick dust that can easily be reached by a vacuum nozzle and a water dispenser with what I assumed were coffee stains. Take note the picture attached is after I wiped some off. It then makes you wonder how long the water has been sitting there.

6. The refrigerator shelves needed a bit of wiping, but that was minor compared to the state of the oven.

7. There were no mosquitoes, but something always seemed to be biting me whenever I'm in the room.

8. I called Guest Services on two separate occasions to ask how much local phone charges cost and was told by two different people that it's less than IDR 5000 per minute to a landline. I made a seven (7) second phone call to my husband's office and was charged IDR 11,217. Take note that the phone just rang 5 times and I didn't even get to talk to anyone.

9. There is not much nearby in terms of food or malls except for The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf outlet on the ground floor along with a Japanese restaurant, but both are closed at 8 PM and on weekends.

In addition, the traffic makes you not want to get out because even at 10:30 AM or 3 PM, you can easily rack up a rather huge cab bill. I think only on Sundays and public holidays can you get relief from the traffic jams.

There is a pharmacy (Guardian), but that too is closed during weekends. The only silver lining is the small convenience store that is open everyday until 9 PM.

So was there anything about the hotel that I did like? Yes. First is that they had more TV channel options than other hotels I've been to (which I believe is typical of serviced apartments). And second, the staff were friendly - when they're around.

Tips:

- Grab one of the hotel's business cards at the lobby and keep it in your wallet. Some taxi drivers do not believe that there is a Marriott at the Indofood Tower and will refuse to leave until they've made sure you understand that.

- If coming from Plaza Senayan or Pacific Place Mall, best to ask the taxi driver to drop you off at Wisma Nugra Santana which is the building across the street from the Indofood Tower and take the overhead foot bridge back to the hotel. Otherwise, you'll have to go all the way to the rotunda near Grand Indonesia to make a U-turn. The highway unfortunately does not have breaks in-between and the traffic is so terrible that what is supposed to be a 5 minute trip, ends up taking close to an hour.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ConstantPlanner
Amit S, General Manager at The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Madam,

Greetings from Marriott Executive Apartments The Mayflower Jakarta,

Firstly let me thank you for your value comments and we truly appreciate your feedback. It is our philosophy to provide the highest possible standards of service to our guests and continued monitoring of guest comments and learning from them is vital to our long term success.

On behalf of the hotel, please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused in regards of the facilities and the service received. Let me assure you that what you experienced is not the standard that we provide to all our valuable guests. We have discussed all the issues internally and have also addressed these matters to all related departments to improve our service delivery and to ensure this never happens again in the future.

As for the hotel location, the hotel is located in the business district of Jakarta and just like any other part of this city, traffic can be a problem during peak hours.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review Marriott Executive Apartments The Mayflower Jakarta and we would be obliged if you give us an opportunity to serve you again and restore your confidence in Marriott Executive Apartments The Mayflower Jakarta.

Regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This property is an apartment-style luxury accomodation catering for businessmen in an extended stay in Jakarta. Located in the main thoroughfare of Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, it is located on the high floors of the Indofood Tower at the Sudirman Plaza, an office building complex smack in the Jakarta's central business district. However, during weekdays one must be prepared to fight the notorious Jakarta traffic jam to get in and out of the property. Each apartment offers a fully equipped kitchen, private laundry room, a dining table, a living area consisting of a couch and LCD TV and a separate, hardwood-floor bedroom area. The bed and pillows are ultra comfortable, one of the best I have ever slept in! Couple that with the high floor location, then you are guaranteed an excellent sleep experience! Service is great too. Only drawbacks are the PAID internet and the somewhat limited dining options (both at the small on site restaurant and in-room). This could well be problematic during weekends where the other FnB outlets in the office complex shut down.

Room Tip: Ask for east facing apartments, they are much quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Amit S, General Manager at The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Mr. Roni,

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at The Marriott Executive Apartments, The Mayflower Jakarta. We are delighted that you found our accommodation and service are nice.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedbacks and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Apartment soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Much Less than expected

From the start...the hotel had an agent/employee (?) meet me at the airport when I exited the baggage claim area right after customs.  I just happened to turn left and a man was there who greeted me by name, but no sign.  I had prebooked a taxi with the hotel at 360,000 for myself only; however, the agent showed me to a large van.  I kindly reminded him that I had a written confirmation for a Mercedes car, not a large van.  The Mercedes is comfortable, but nothing so special since there are many to choose from just waiting outside the airport, no need to book in advance.  In fact, the agent just 'flagged' down a Mercedes car that drove by; then, said a few words; and, off I was to the hotel.

A fairly quick drive to the hotel was about 20 mins from the airport, but I arrived late Sunday night!  Otherwise, be prepared for heavy, heavy traffic during morning and evening rush hours, especially during the week!!

Ok, first...the breakfast was very poor.  I think my stomach got upset from the lesser quality of food.  Also the variety of food was...very poor.  It felt as if the breakfast was just laid out in the middle of a bar, the food easily became dry, and was just very plain.  No way was it close to 3-star quality!  (Seriously!) Not typical of the Mayflower Executive (?) Apartment brand whatsoever!   If I were a long term guess, I would surely be tired of the breakfast within a few days!

Second, the room was just OK, but mine suffered from the smell of smoke and the cooking from one of the other apartments.  Housekeeping sprayed the room and opened the window for a while, but it did not help matters.  And can hear the movement of chairs from the surrounding apartment.

Very basic apartments with dated furniture.  My room had full tile floor in the living and kitchen areas, and wooden floor in the bedroom.  Kinda of a very cold and hollow feeling, not like a home.  Good storage area, and a nice-sized bathroom, but with only one sink.  Good sized frig, microwave oven, and a dishwasher.  Kitchen area seemed very adequate, and had toaster, rice cooker and coffee maker too.  There was a fairly new Samsung combo clothes washer/dryer which was nice to have, a full sized bottled water machine, as well as some basic cooking pans and utensils, drinking cups and plates.   Bed was comfortable though.

But, nothing to write home about, and I don't think I will stay again for any length of time. Even the reservation desk is at the back of the large building. Felt so strange....I moved to the JW Marriott after two nights.

Room Tip: Highest floor possible away from the sound of the call for morning prayers as well as the seemingly...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LaoBlue
Amit S, General Manager at The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Sir,

First of all, Thank you for taking the time to comment on your previous experience and we appreciate your feedback. On behalf of The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments, please accept our apology for the inconvenience during your stay.

We had discussed and reviewed each point of your comment to our teams and we also addressed your concern to related departments to improve our excellent service and to avoid this happen again in the future.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments and we would be obliged if you give us an opportunity to serve you again and restore your confidence in The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments.