“Juicy burger , BUT”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014

So ..i really wanted to try the famous Three Buns after reading reviews on several sites. Stopped in for dinner tonight and was pleased to see it was not so crowded. I ordered the burning man burger ( 110 +tax ) , fries and a ginger drink. The price of the burger it self creating high expectations ....wich not met! The burger was Juicy and fresh but lacked flavour..
Yes , The ambience and service was good and I have to admit too they did a pretty nice job with the concept and interior design but the prices are a little too much for a casual restaurant

1  Thank yannisss

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Burger is basically a slice or more meat patties between buns with additional cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and condiment or special sauce. The burger at this place is no different, though some might called it 'gourmet burger'. It became a hype because of its location, cool concept and perhaps the chef who came from a burger joint in London.
I have to admit they did a pretty nice job with the concept. It's different, it's for the hipster, it's for a lifestyle.
Service: no different than a fast food. A hostess welcome you and handed a menu, you approach the cashier, do your order and they will give you a number tag. You pick up your drinks at the bar and pick up your burgers when your number lights up on the board.
Taste: it wasn't disappoint, especially after paying a whopping millions rupiah for 9 burgers, 2 sides and 9 drinks. On average, IDR160k for a burger and a drink. Was it worth the price? For the taste, perhaps. For the place and a burger in Jakarta, maybe a little bit too much.

1  Thank mjm73
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This place has been the craze lately. I've been there several times but due to the crowd & favorite items being sold out, this is actually the first time I tried their burgers.
We ordered their favorites which are Naughty Fries, Baby Huey & Four Floors. I deeply regret how people overrate this place and trust me it's not that great of a burger place. I've been in so many better places than this. I don't know what makes it so famous, it is the creative concept or people just want to look "in"? Yes, the place is trendy and the atmosphere fresh, amazing deco and all, but the food is pretty ordinary. It's huge but does not make up for the poor flavor. It's humongous I can't even put everything in one bite but sadly nothing thrills my tastebuds.
The burgers have way too much pickled onion. I must admit the patty is made from quality beef, but it is poorly seasoned —if not none at all. It's still juicy and meaty and perfectly medium red, too bad it lacks flavor and that edge. Other toppings are pretty good, fresh lettuce and the sauce are OK. Crispy and freshly-toasted buns, which are again, gigantic.
However, they have the most amazing fries! I think they should change their name to "Three Fries" or whatever. The fries have amazing authentic hot chili! I think it's also homemade using fresh potatoes.
Truth be told, eating their burgers makes me feel dirty and messy, like in Carls Jr ads (lol). Not exactly the perfect place to go on a date or have a relaxing chit chat. But it promises a glorious & victorious feeling after munching & devouring those enormous burgers!
In my opinion, they take a huge bet presenting gourmet burgers, which not many Indonesian can accept, even though they put a price tag lower than gourmet burgers abroad. Personally I think if you want to serve only one kind of dish (plus very few varieties of it), you must be really confident that that one dish can keep customers coming back. Here? I won't say so.

1  Thank anitapngstn
Reviewed 20 May 2014

the burger is ok. freshly cooked when you order it. try the burning man if you like a bit spicy taste. I ordered berry drink, which I like (don't use any vodka if u don't like alcohol drinks) the place is not that big, you have to wait to be seated (take turn) the fries with cheese and their special sauce was nice. no air-con...open air concept.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Went here because almost everybody mentioned this place.
So, I did go there.
The resto was so crowded, with a very small space of parking lot. The waitress greeted us cheerfully, and they acted so casual.
They sell more of burgers, fries, and so.

The concept was very unique. With staged seat concept. There were also some ordinary table and chair, but the main view is the staged seat. Very unique, but if you got that staged seat, the table placed lower than your seat. Means you have to bent down everytime you want to reach your food/drink.

We had to queued to order, then directly pay afterwards. So, prepare your cash/card.
Then we got the queue number. We had to waited until our number appeared on the digital board, meant our order were ready.
But that's for foods only. For the drinks, we had to go to the drinks stall, handed out our receipt, and waited to be served.

Som here comes the scoring:
Ambience : very good and unique. Minus thing is that it's too noisy.
Food portion: BIG