“Nice, small and in SCBD!”

The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Pacific Place
Ranked #3 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I have visited Ritz Carlton in August. I love the size of this hotel, small amount of room and mostly apartments. The service is great and the food is very nice. I had access to the executive lounge where you can have food and drinks throughout the afternoon, great view and nice selection.

The location can't be beaten as you can access Jakarta major offices, restaurant and nightlife by foot (unprecedented in Jakarta)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Was here on october 2013 for my wedding celebration in ballroom 3. Since the beginning of the preparation with the catering sales executive Ms Ellyana Victor, everything went smoothly. The meetings and technical meeting with all our vendors were organised and we got everything we wanted for. Ms Elly was communicative, polite and friendly. Really meet the standard of Ritz. Our wedding banquet was superb, our families and other guests loooooved em. We were definitely sure of that because quite a number of people personally complimented the food, both the buffet and the food stalls (peking duck, yummy baked chillean sea bass, moist lobster thermidore, fresh and juicy large cut of sashimis, mouthwatering baked chocolate molten cake, and quite nice coto makassar too). After the celebration ended, me and my husband with some close relatives were still chatting and snacking in the ballroom, the waiters were still there serving us with whatever we asked them to. Some food they even heated up for us. It's a pleasant to have been served with a high quality service as they provided. Then we spent the night in the Mayfair Suite, while our parents in the Club Suite (all 3 rooms included in the wedding package). In the package, the wedding cake was included but we substituted the cake with one night stay as an extension to the one included in the package. There were differences in both prices in which we had to pay additionally in order to stay another night in the mayfair suite. But close to our wedding day, the staff informed us that we could stay another night in the mayfair suite without having to pay the differences. Nice. The food service they provided at the club floor was exceptional, especially the home-made 'Jamu' (the traditional indonesian beverages made from herbs and spices) which was fresh and tasted nice too. On the day we're leaving, they arranged an in-room breakfast, which we could order anything we like and served at 5 in the morning where the club floor is not open to service yet. Overall, out of expectation, our wedding and our stay in Ritz Carlton PP was memorable with exceptional food, service, HUGE rooms, complimentary this and that :D, and the friendliness of the staffs. One thing we found confusing was the access to nearly everywhere, needed to switch lifts and floors, to rooms, to lobby, to Pacific Place Mall, to Ballroom, to parking, to everywhere was confusing. We wish they had a much more friendly access. But, still, thank you Ritz Carlton PP for making my wedding story memorable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed here for one (1) night in the Executive Grand Club Room in early October. This is an all-club hotel, meaning everyone has Executive floor access. The hotel is very small, having only 62 rooms / suites.

Two (2) things immediately struck me about this hotel. Firstly, it doesn't have the decadent furnishings one expects from the "Ritz" label, and secondly how highly personalised the service is. The hotel was focused on building a relationship with me, rather than impressing me with a memorable facilities. My name was used with an uncommon frequency.

Check-in was quick and painless, I was early yet my room was available. During check-in they kindly offered a late check-out to 2pm which I appreciated as I had an evening flight from CGK.

This room is very spacious, without being huge. More than enough for a single person for a single night. The walk-in wardrobe would be a nice touch for people more fashionable than I. I found the shower terribly complex to operate (I should have paid more attention during the tour of my room). The floor to ceiling windows provided only an unmemorable view. The hot chocolate with my wake up call was a very nice touch.

My only annoyance during the stay was the laundry. As ever, one has the choice between "regular" (next day) or "express" (<3 hrs). I needed my clothes back that evening, in about 6-8 hours. It was made clear the only was this would happen would be by paying a premium for the "express" service. However, this was the only disappointment I endured my stay.

The club floor was exceptional, five (5?) different sittings was a unique treat. I found the beef dishes especially divine. The staff struck a perfect balance between discretion and engagement and proactively asked what they could do to improve my stay. While the drinks weren't self-service, they were certainly free-flowing. The view from the Club Lounge was extensive and I enjoyed an entire evening glancing up from my book and admiring the view of the metropolis. The lounge was busy for breakfast, but peaceful at all other times.

The pool provided one of the strangest experiences I have ever had during a stay at a premium hotel. Unless I'm mistaken, one of the pool staff offered to organise a "special massage". He was persistent when I politely declined. Absolutely bizarre. Moving away from the topic of hotel-organised handjobs, the pool was a little crowded without much cover from the sun. The guava juice on arrival was a clever idea.

I wasn't here long enough to get a read on the location, but it is connected to the Pacific Mall. When using taxis take a business card so they know which Ritz to go to. I found even emphasising "Pacific" several times wasn't enough to stop me ending up at the wrong hotel on one occassion.

Check-out was quick and warm. They arranged a SilverBird and offered lunch in the club floor while I waited. An excellent end to an exceptional stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank BrisbaneAust
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I spend 3 nights in the hotel. My room is on the club floor, where you find all day meal plan. The room is well designed with large bath room. Certainly, good sleep quality in the noisy city. They provide free LAN line in the room. I can also get free wifi signal in room, since it just behind the lobby area.

Location is good since it is located in the financial district, and next to a good shopping mall. western, Chinese, Korean, Thai,and Japanese restaurants can be found here.

The swimming and fitness open till late, good for jet lacking travelers.

Room Tip: Pick the club floor
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Was in Jakarta for two nights for business. The room was very large. The service was great. This is exactly what you'd expect from the Ritz. Location was OK, right next to the Indo stock exchange and business buildings. Not much to walk and see regarding restaurants, but centrally located by taxi.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I was in Jakarta for a friends wedding and was recommended to stay here by local friends that live In the residences connected to the hotel. This ritz is also connected to the pacific place mall and is located in the financial district which is one of the finest parts of the Indonesian capital.
The room was huge and fairly priced, with an amazing view from a high floor. The food from room service was not great. All the staff was nice and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I guess this would be one of my favorite jkt hotels except I couldn't handle the poor wifi issue. You have a signal for the rooms and public area....and you were dropped every time your devide went to sleep (ipad or iphone). The laptop connected back with a pull-up screen but still annoying. And since I need to be connected all the time, this annoyance is rather large. The Manadrin has a perfect wifi distribution system.....I don't remember the Kempinski but I think it was quirky too.

Anyway, the rooms are larger than normal. The bathrooms are top-notch. The club is one of the best. And although you can get excellent staff service from most of the 5-star hotels, there is a level at the Ritz, PP that exceeds the others.

As a Ritz Rewards member, I didn't get an upgrade. I didn't ask and I didn't really care. But it's still one of those things I notice.

The club food selection is very well presented. It is probably the most carefully staged presentation I've seen. I am undecided if it is the best food......because I've seen a lot. And my food taste and others differ. But they do stage more food often than other hotels. If you love the club concept and using the club benefits, then this hotel is definitely a must-see.

The hotel connects to an over the top mall with some luxury car dealerships inside. It is kinda lacking in good restaurants but it's got the basic stuff. A movie theater is on top.

I did take a massage. It was average. I didn't particularly like the fact the elevator opens to the spa/gym floor at a convention room. So it was crowded and made me feel a bit uncomfortable (it was being used at that time).

The rates of this hotel seem to be about the same as Kempinski. And although Kempinski has a better location in my opinion, there is no better comparison between the two. The Mandarin offers a more subtle experience if you want to be left alone.

Also the decor is more modern than the other Ritz I've stayed. It is more European and less Traditional. This is a big plus in my book. It's not Kempinski Jkt classless style, but more Kempinski Xiamen.

The car issue is a drag. I have a car and driver and at $4 an hour and no daily rate on parking, that's expensive. He just parked at Ratu Plaza and came when I texted. That really is an annoying problem unlike the other hotels. I guess they didn't negotiate much parking in their hotel lease.

Also, the mosque at 4am-5am would wake me. I don't remember mosque issues at the other hotels. I thought they didn't allow the speakers in the city? I don't know if it is the time of year or this is standard.

1  Thank Indo-bule