“Excellent hotel”

The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Pacific Place
Ranked #3 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This is my dream hotel. At last I can stayed here.
This is very very excellent hotel, room and bathroom are soooooo big.. Very clean.. Everyday got 8 complimentary drinks.. And got free 5 meals everyday..
The staffs are very very friendly.

Really, its very different with another hotels I've tried before. Sevice, quality all are very excellent.

Hope that I can stay here again and again..

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SantiSuliandjo

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Having stayed at numerous hotels and serviced apartments all over the world I can honestly say the Ritz Carlton Pacific place is up there with the best, I was a guest there for 8 months continous and the 5* service never dropped below the exceptional standards they set, when my family visited they went out of their way to make them feel at home, the pool, restaurants, cleanliness and location are all exceptional and I wouldnt hesitate to stay again next time in Jakarta.

Room Tip: City views with balcony are exceptional at night.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

A great place to stay and no worries with access to the lounge - With food included, almost around the clock. And what food, must be the best lounge food I ever had. Lot of options with Indonesian dishes and fantastic sushi. Tasteful design, silent rooms and great view, on the +21st floor. Was always well received by the staff. I can really recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Svisse
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel is part of a residential and large-scale mall complex under heavy security, roughly in the centre of the Jalan Sudirman central business district. Although taxis had a little trouble finding it due to its newness, everybody knows the mall so in the end you will get there. The rooms are immaculate with spectacular bathrooms looking out over the city, a nice health club and lovely rooftop pool. What I liked best about the hotel though was the 21st floor lounge, which had wonderful tapas-like food all day and an expansive sitting area with couches as well as tables. The atmosphere in the lounge is superb -- what I imagine hotel lobby lounges once were before the whole fast-food operational style took over. For our large extended family and friends group it was wonderful -- you could sit together or apart, hang out in comfort, chat or keep to yourself. The staff were helpful and usually prompt. My only complaint is that the concierge desk staff seemed to have little knowledge of the city or ability to help guests plan their excursions outside the hotel; they also seemed to have communications issues when it came to accounts. However, this is Indonesia, where the entire service industry is at least a decade behind Singapore or Hong Kong, perhaps even Bangkok, and the staff made up for professional gaps in enthusiasm.

Room Tip: As for a room on an upper floor not facing the mosques. The very loud first call to prayers is at 4...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. Super convenient and linked to Pacific Place so it's easy to avoid the notorious Jakarta traffic. The suite was well appointed, very clean and good amenities. The food and service at the Executive Lounge on the 21st floor was delicious and a nice peaceful place to hold meetings. One issue was that I could hear the water running in the room above for quite a few hours, quite noisy! Aside from that, the hotel is perfect. I left behind on purpose a small corporate gift (led desk light) that had been given to me, RC Lost Property emailed me the next day asking if I wanted it to be posted to me. How nice and professional! I've stayed in many five star hotels and left items behind, not many hotels would bother to contact you for such a small item. Thank you Ritz Carlton Jakarta, I will definitely come back again!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I am not too sure how to begin my review for this hotel but I can definitely summarize it as “near perfection”.

This hotel gets my top vote for a business hotel and they are basically faultless in my opinion. Absolutely everything is well thought of and what makes it even special are the people. They are unpretentious in showing their hospitality and being from Malaysia, it makes even easier to communicate with them more effectively. Having said that they have no problem conversing in English, which can be a barrier with some hotel staff that I came across before in the Asian region.

I stayed at the Deluxe Grand Club Room that is very spacious for one person and I dare say they have one of the best bed and pillows that I have ever slept on. Room amenities are aplenty which even include 2 tv remote, one for the bathtub which is equipped with one and not forgetting to mention comes with a city view.

There is so many good points to mention but one special one which I would like to highlight is this is the first hotel that reminded me whether I have my passport with me and also whether I have enough local currency to pay for the airport charges. FYI, there is an airport charge which you need to pay in Indonesia for IDR 150,000.

Since this is hotel of choice of my employer, I definitely to visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank zmyusof
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed at Mulia, Four Seasons and Ritz Pacific Place. Ritz is by far the best choice although is more expensive. The hotel is attached to the upscale Pacific Place mall which has dining and shopping.

As for the Ritz, they have apartments (ground floor check-in) and the hotel (checkin on the 21st floor. The hotel is not connected to the apartments and the apartments don't share many of the amenities as the hotel (with exception to the gym and spa).

The apartments are decent, comfortable and quiet, but not a typical Ritz environment. Both are located in a safe location with convenient access to to the CBD. The lighting in the hallways could be improved as it is pretty dark. The rooms are good but more in line with a mid-level hotel. Ritz quality does not necessarily carry over here. But if you are in town for a while, the apartments are a more cost effective option.

The hotel is typical for a Ritz high-rise location with excellent service and attention to detail. The staff learns your name very quickly and treat you very well. I have become acquainted with the hotel staff over the last three years and they are welcoming every time I arrive. The staff always aims to please with extra emphasis on making your stay as comfortable and trouble free as possible. The lounge can get busy at times but there is plenty of room to find a quiet corner. Very good meeting facilities and the daily breakfast and snacks throughout the day are high quality. As busy as Jakarta is, this is a refreshing break from the chaos.

I use the spa frequently and find the prices to be fair and the services to be above average. The gym is small but adequate. The pool area is small but acceptable and worth spending some time around.

Since I travel on business frequently, I think this is the best hotel in the area. Pricey at times but you get what you pay for. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't spend the extra on the Mayfair suites, they are nice but the layout is a little awkward...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business