“Old Service Apartment in west Jakarta”

Grand Tropic Suites Hotel
Ranked #207 of 459 Hotels in Jakarta
Tegal, Indonesia
“Old Service Apartment in west Jakarta”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

This service Apartment formelly is really good and maybe the Best with Good Price. But now is really Bad and Dirty. Lucky i am stay here only for transit. The room is very dirty (full with Dust), the Lift is making long waiting (15-20 minutes waiting). But this hotel is still the best if you stay in Jakarta 5-6 people together in room, they really have spacious room.

Room Tip: business deluxe
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank C_Agustino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel is a bit older, which you notice in the rooms, though they are very clean. Staff is helpful and friendly, speak English very well. Only the wifi connection was very bad in the room (business suite 5th floor) and the elevators took very long to be available. Near Central Park mall, which is very convenient with the many restaurants and Carrefour. Don't try Western food for lunch/dinner at the Grand Tropic restaurant as it was dissapointing, Indonesian dishes were good and tasty (but quite expensive).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Staff is not helpfull at all. I stayed in family delux suite on 22nd floor. All walls were dirty, bins dirty, kitchen filthy. No wifi in the room. We are in 21st century and they offered me cabel?! Wanted to book a taxi with cheap fare and reception were constantly calling to guest relation desk (which is 3 meters away!) they offered me 350 000 for drop to the airport! Had to go to main street and flag myself. Went for 75 000. I work for hotels over 15 years and never seen receptionist behave like this. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. The only nice thing was breakfast, nice choice but all cold as noone cares about closing food shaffers.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alexsandraaa

Travellers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

nettetal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

After a 25 hours journey from Germany to Jakarta we arrived in the Hotel and the reception was friendly, english speaking and very helpful. Staff is very good and provides good service!!

Somebody took care of the luggage and we got a hotel room in the 12th floor.
The elevator situation is quite strange... So you can imagine when the hotel is fully booked you can wait some time for the next empty one.
The breakfast was ok.... Take care that you look if the plates and the glasses are clean.

We booked the Hotel thru a booking service and stayed for two nights.

Pool area is very nice. Very close to a bis shopping mall with restaurants.....

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I just check out from this hotel and apartmen.. for me this hotel is too crowded. Actually.. this was my business meeting..i stayed for 3 nights. The room old but nice..also the bed and the elevator very loooong way to wait.. the pool also small anf in front of the lobby..in front of the restaurant..not comfortable to swim i guess... but the location is very strategic,though thw traffic is sometime killing.i don't really recommended to this hotel..clean..but old..also crowded... But the location is very good.ops..i forget there's no wifi beside at the lobby and the meeting room..pfuiihh..too bad..

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I went here on August 2013 as a participant on a training for OSN 2013. I was in Geography team and we were told that we would spend our days in Jakarta, and at the fourth day we would go to Bandung. But it seems that there was a miscommunication and we didn't get any room and we got to wait for a few hours. So the management needs to be improved.

While we were spending hours in the waiting roo, (I forgot the name), they served us free juice. They refilled it and when we wanted to take a sip, there was NO clean glasses. All glasses were used and they didn't change it after they refilled the juice.

And when I wanted to find some trash bin, I couldn't find it anywhere and had to walk near the restaurant. Either I can't find one or I was blinded that time idk.

Forgot to mention that when I arrived there, we hadn't been booked a room but the bell-boy just took over my luggage. Later I found my luggage were just placed there near the palms. What?

I also found that the lobby number was hard to find at the room, the bathroom got easily wet, and there were problems with the key card. For the hospitality, I found one of the omelette maker (the senior one) almost never smiled at us! She even showed us some angry mood, I miss that more junior one with glasses (I didn't know the name) who seemed nice.

For the lift problem, I didn't experience the problem much. But I have to admit that it has a super tiny lobby. The TV channel was very good and I enjoyed the bed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

location is very near to the main shopping complexes like ciputra and central park malls, after giving clear instructions to the reception staff they were able to fix the beds and give 3 single beds instead of a double and single. The facilities like kitchen, kettle, air con and bathroom were clean and maintained well, the buffet style breakfast was good with hours extended till 10 am. there was mostly a queue for the lifts so if staying on the top floors can be time consuming. Wifi was only in the lobby areas and restaurant and for some reason on the 5th floor but not on any of the other rooms on other floors. to book excursions its best to go to a tourist info centre as the staff did not know much about excursion activities; but were very helpful for places to go around the city. service was top quality and the staff were helpful, i would recommend staying here for the comfort of your own apartment on a budget.

Room Tip: if you want wifi in your room then try for an apartment on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends