“Yummy korean foods, authentic”
Review of Gahyo

Gahyo
Ranked #219 of 7,775 Restaurants in Jakarta
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Yummy korean foods, authentic”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have eaten at Gahyo a few times. The meats are well marinated and yummy. The sidedishes are quite in variety and delicious. The price is quite reasonable, I think. And at the end of the meals, you can ask for the ice coffee or the ginger drinks that are both quite refreshing.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank pipit j

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Korean food suitable with local indo taste”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Crowded especially nightime and weekend, better book first. Great korean barbeque restaurant, a bit pricey but worth the money.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Eureka3432
Jakarta
“Go to place for intestines”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

As far as Korean restaurants in Jakarta go, Gahyo is among the pricier ones. With the place being packed every single night, the quality of the food speaks for itself. As far as grilled meats are concerned, I think there's better to be found at BornGa (beef) and Ham Ji Bak (pork) but no where else satisfies my craving for daechang (대창), the cow's large intestine, which comes marinated in a sweet soy sauce. Pair that with either a beer or soju and you've got the ingredients of a good night out.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank OliK75
“Definitely not returning”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I used to be a silent reader of tripadvisor restaurant review and thanks to this bad experience after dinner at Gahyo last week, I decided to write a review. Gahyo SCBD had been my to-go restaurant, everytime we treated our Korean business customers. So, last week I visited Gahyo with my partner, and also to have casual dinner to celebrate our 4th anniversary (it was his first Korean BBQ experience). We made a reservation at 6:30 PM and arrived earlier at 6:15 PM, and seated on a tatami table. All went well until at around 7 PM, the place started to get packed, and ppl started to line up. Among other guests there, the waiter and waitress decided trying every single way to kick us out of the place, before we even finished. They even kept on cleaning up our table, putting the bill right on our face and said we needed to pay it, while we were still finishing our bottle of shoju. We finally decided to leave, because it got too unpleasant and ..rude. FYI, I did go to Gahyo about three weeks before, with my Korean colleague, at the same hour, ordered exactly the same meals (short ribs) and sho-ju, spent hours chatting, and did NOT get this terrible treatment. Well, enough saying, I definitely will not return. I already passed this experience to my other office colleagues.

Visited April 2013
5 Thank parklife8
“Yummy”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Food was great. I especially love the Jjigae.
The bulgogi was less delicious than A-rang's but the BBQ galbi was great.
It's a new favorite to me.

• Visited December 2012