“Great sunday brunch!”

Ranked #47 of 7,997 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Innovative cuisine with an unmistaken Northern Italian flavour. The extensive menu is specially prepared using only the freshest ingredients by our Italian Chef and his culinary team. Popular for Sunday Brunch as well as daily a la Carte Lunch and Dinner.
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is a great place to have sunday brunch especially if you opt for the free flow alcohol. Their selection of food include a wide range from grilled lamb, roast turkey, sushi, pizza, pasta, etc. Im personally a huge fan of their crispy thin pizzas and pastas. You can eat and drink to your hearts content. In addition to the buffet of food, they will randomly bring around small plates of food not on their buffet for you to try. More importantly they will always keep your drink filled.

This restaurant has a great atmosphere created by their lightly, table arrangements and live music. It feels relaxing, fun, lively and warm.

On another note, I will come here with my 3 kids who range in age from 4-15. There is an outside kids area with a jumping castle, face painter, video games, etc. However, it is more geared to younger kids. None the less, it is great that they offer this entertainment for my kids so that I can focus on the food and drink. :-)

Definitely fun for the whole family + friends. I recommend this restaurant to all of my friends and family who have not been yet.

2  Thank BlitzoJkt
There are newer reviews for il Mare

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent eater at bruschetta borobudur, and on one night borobudur was full house and so i decided to come here.

The difference is il mare is lavish, they has the same price, same 21% tax and service, but different portion and ambience. They have more variation in menu and so wine. More tourists and more caucasian. While in bruschetta is more to local and expat, staff is more polite, they gave free water without asking.

I personally dont like this place. Waitress placed the local to sit in the small table, and they sat the westerners in the bigger and better seating. The foie grass ravioli was just ok, the risotto truffle was good in a french portion. Ordered crispy pizza and it came not crispy. Ate one slice and told them to take it away, they asked me why i didnt finish it, i told them it was soggy. They argued. I was actually ok till they argued.

I did not asked it to be change. Why do you need to argue? Its just a critique. They told me this "do you know thin crispy pizza cant be that crispy esp when its fungi? It contains water and it wont make it crispy." I was actually amaze, he told me as if its my first time eating a thin fungi pizza. So i told him, "then why other places still can do it?" He asked me back "where?" In a way to test me. I told him bruschetta always do it perfectly, even domino pizza still do it better. He kept quite and leave.
He finally told me to change my pizza to something else and take it away. I agreed.

Meanwhile the chef was there walking around asking the westerners and the tourists hows your food? But never drop by to any of the locals table who was there. They gave a complimentary sorbet and i saw they gave limoncello to the westerner.

I like the cafe mulia, table 8, edo gin, but il mare I will never come back there. Not because of my soggy pizza, but i always dont like the locals treated differently just because we are locals.

I wonder if its because they were in south jakarta thats why they can act like that, but i dont think it was appropriate.

6  Thank beautifulmatters
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Relaxing ambience and wonderful staff. The pizzas are super thin and the draft beer is extra cold. And everyone should try the Sunday brunch at least once. It's HUGE!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is my choice of venue for birthday party round 25. It's a luxury, but also very warm .. The atmosphere here makes me feel at home. Food here in the great. The Italian cook, besides being a very nice person, an incredible Italian island created inside Jakarta. Good quality food, awesome and friendly staff.. I was really happy to come here .. I will definitely go back with my family to get together for dinner at this place

1  Thank Thao Q
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My dad always love to come to Il Mare. They have very good service and the food was above average. The pasta was fine, but always go to the steak section, I guess that's what they do best.

1  Thank ctahir