“The three things guaranteed in life”

Al Nafoura Lebanese Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 7,851 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Al Nafoura is a melting pot of Lebanese design, ambience and cuisine. Built over two spacious levels to provide a relaxed atmosphere, the textured sand stone walls and terracotta floor vividly contrast with the richly colored handcrafted artifacts to emphasise the Mediterranean and Middle Eastern ambience. There are two private dining rooms ideal for special occasions or business meetings along with an outdoor terrace to enjoy shisha and traditional sweets. An open kitchen with vertical rotating spit roasting will slowly cook shawarmas to perfection and large wood-fired ovens in which an assortment of breads is baked. Discover Authentic Middle Eastern Cuisine and enjoy signature Haruf Ouzi (braised lamb shank ouzi style served with oriental rice, assorted nuts and yoghurt sauce) accompanied with hot or cold Mezzeh (appetizer) such as Hommos, Tabouleh and Samboussek. Enjoy the Shisha and traditional sweets at Al Nafoura outdoor terrace and don't miss our belly dancer performances every Friday night and Saturday night at 20.30 hrs + 21.30 hrs.
Jakarta, Indonesia
“The three things guaranteed in life”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

For all we know, there are three things guaranteed in life: Death, taxes, and food.

And for us foodies, there are three things guaranteed when dining in Al Nafoura: Good food, good atmosphere & good value for money. All in all, an unforgettable dining experience, especially when you happen to be stuck in Jakarta during the fasting month of Ramadan.

I know some people who actually look forward to this time of year, purely because there's Ramadan buffet in Al Nafoura. If you’re not the kind who can stand over 12-hours of starvation, just make sure you come with an empty stomach.

For the Ramadan buffet special, I would recommend:
1. Start with the soup – It's different every night, but the lamb & vermicelli is my favourite.
2. Proceed with the entrée – A comprehensive array of Lebanese cold mezze hummus, labneh, tablouleh, babaganuc, and the mouthwater list goes on…
3. Main course – Endless choices of meat, fish and seafood cooked in spices, kebabs, tagines, and haruf ouzi rice with whole lamb.
4. Dessert –Always, leave room for dessert. It’s “STRESSED” spelled backwards. Baklawa, Atayef, Sambousic with dates…and not to be missed, the delightful Egyptian bread and butter pudding, Om Ali.

Great job for turning the useless outdoor area into a night-in-Arabia-al-fresco lounge, a perfect setting for some serious Shisha getaway.

And if you're lucky, ladies… you'll be greeted by the charmer Lebanese Chef Hussein.

• Visited July 2013

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
jakarta
“Best Middle Eastern Restaurant in Asia”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Having been I Jakarta off and on for the last 10 years Al Nafoura never ceases to delight and amaze me 2 nights ago we were breaking fast for Ramadan and decided to try the buffet at al Nafoura or should I say feast.
The food is so amazing I am going back this evening because it is so wonderful. Hurry because it's always full reservations are a must.

• Visited July 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Average Food & Service”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were in Jakarta visiting friends when we decided to have dinner here. The restaurant was absolutely empty when we walked in. We decided to sit outside but there were too many Mosquitos there. So we quickly moved in. And, there were Mosquitos inside as well ! The food was average, service was same. Nothing bowled me over, would not recommend it to friends visiting Jakarta.

• Visited June 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Lebanese (middle eastern) food with warm ambiance”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

A very nice restaurant in Le Meridian Jakarta. Food is great, but sadly no lamb tonight. The portion is tiny but worth it in my view. Wine by the glass is also good. The service is superb. I strongly recommend the place.

• Visited April 2013
Singapore
“Very good service but DO NOT SIT BY THE POOL”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I was craving for a good Middle Eastern cuisine and wanted a tajine badly so we decided to head down to Al Nafoura for my birthday dinner as we haven´t been there in awhile. Ambience is great and romantic and because my husband is a smoker we took the Al fresco seat by the pool. Big mistake! Ordered some cold mezzeh like babaganoush and tabouleh and unfortunatey as it was a weekday, they only had 1 choice of Tajine for me. It was a disappointment. Even though the lamb was tender, it was served in a small pathetic bowl and totally killed the whole tajine experience for me. Thankfully i ordered a side dish of cous cous to go with the tajine (even though most places would provide cous cous as a complimentary side to the tajine already!) Cannot imagine if i didn´t! 1 pathetic bowl would be staring at me and thats supposed to be the highlight of my meal? Even ordered dessert but that was a disappointment too. I left Al Nafoura hungry with mosquito bites all over my legs . What a day!

• Visited January 2013