“good traveller's vibe”

Denpasar, Indonesia
“good traveller's vibe”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I'll get to the point
The waiter spoke english well
The menu has a lot to offer, from african mediteranean indian european to indonesian dishes
The price's a little bit high for Jogjakarta's standard(60-110 thousand per person)

I tried Lamb Rogan Josh(Indian food), Salt Lassy(salty but tasty drink), and some Mediteranean food(feta cheese, calamary, salad)
The food was good
The portion was generous

And a lot of fellow travellers there

They have a guesthouse too(via-via guesthouse)

The only problem was no parking space available, Jalan Prawirotaman is pretty narrow and most of the cafes there didn't have a parking space too

• Visited October 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bruges, Belgium
“value for money”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were very welcome with our group of 13 .
On the spot tables were arranged by very friendly staff.
We found good food for everybody in our group : meat lovers - children - indonesian food lovers.
Everybody left happy with a full stomach

uk
“Have not eaten here but was very unimpressed by their reservation system.”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I entered the restaurant to be told that I would have to make a reservation 24hrs before hand. I explained that the place was closed as it was Eid. I was then told that that information was wrong and that the member of staff was new. There were lots of tables with reserve signs on,but lots without. I asked if I could get a table for the same night. I was told all tables were booked! I asked why all tables didn't have reseved signs on them. I was told that they were going to put them on later. They offered a table 24hrs later, but was annoyed by their attitude and so declined! I have rated the food etc as excellent, I didn't eat here, but did not want to prejudice their business.

1 Thank Chaz7
Hong Kong, China
“Too long waiting time.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The food is ok with big selection. Good in general. But waiting time is really off putting. Be ready to wait 30 min for your food. Even if you order a day special. Disappointing...

7 Thank AgaTheBlueTiger
Aachen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“Nice place with average and rather expensive food”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I went to ViaVia twice and was rather disappointed by what I got. The place itself is nice and has a friendly atmosphere. When you come during the peak hours the service can be a bit slow, all not that bad.

Compared to other restaurants on the street the food was quite expensive (still cheap it you compare to Western prices of course) and at least what I got (chicken cashew salad and chicken curry) was not very tasty and portions are a bit small, even the large salad. The ViaVia salad is good though.

I would not not recommend going there but for me there are better places and my expectations were not fulfilled.

1 Thank isa-baerchen