“Best Pizza in Jogja”

Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: NANAMIA PIZZERIA - Traditional Pizza for Modern People- Offers authentic Italian food at an affordable local price.Established in 2007, Nanamia Pizzeria has been offering real authentic Italian food for more than nine years. We are located on Jl. Mozes Gatotkaca B10-17, Gejayan, in the heart of the city,and Jl. Tirtodipuran 1 in the south of Yogya. Our classic wooden furniture combined with our personal touch of Mediterranean interior design makes Nanamia Pizzeria a sophisticated ambience and oasis for all lovers of authentic Italian food. We take it for granted that our chefs only use fresh and original ingredients (without MSG) and recipes.This, in combination with the traditional cooking techniques such as the wood fire pizza oven, as it has been done for centuries in Italy, will make your stay at Nanamia Pizzeria a memorable culinary evening.
London, United Kingdom
“Best Pizza in Jogja”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The thin crispy pizza as well as their pasta were worth every rupiah spent in this restaurant. If only only they have a bigger sign on the street, it'll be easier to find this place.

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“"Nice place"”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I love the color of the wall paint in Nanamia. calm and warm. although there during the day, the atmosphere remained pleasant. but, in my opinion Nanamia only suitable for eating not to hang out. good service but sometimes the server does not understand what we want. for example, when I'm kind of pasta to be replaced, instead of spagetti but fattucinni, I had to wait a long time to wait for confirmation. it's a small problem but was upset.

• Visited August 2013
Sandnes, Norway
“Overrated”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I had my first pizza at Nanamia in 2010 and it was delicious. Something must have happened since then because the three last time i've visited Nanamia has been very disappointing. Besides the fact that you only get a single basil leaf on what probaly one of Jogja's most expensive pizza margherita, I am concerned for the hygienic standards of the restaurant.

I and several of my friends have felt unease in the stomach after visits to Nanamia. While my experiences have been sorted out after a brief "BAB-session", one of my friends became seriously ill after eating a tuna sandwitch.

It might be that these are single-event incidents as the place remains very popular among the local and foreign crowd alike. Even so, my expectations have not been met the past visits to nanamia.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank akyllev
nanamiapizzeriajogja, Guest Relations Manager at Nanamia Pizzeria Mozes, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hello Akyllev,

Thank you for your review about your experience with Nanamia Pizzeria. We try our best and appreciate inputs from our guests to help us improve. First and foremost we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced after your last visit to Nanamia Pizzeria.

As for your concerns about the hygienic standards in our restaurant, we can assure you that our kitchen is clean, the food is prepared fresh and all the ingredients are stored properly. If you want to take a look for yourself, we would like to invite you to have a look in our kitchen and check the hygienic standards yourself the next time you are around.

Hope you come back so we can make it up to you!

Nanamia Pizzeria
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheap pizza”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My friends and I come to this from the Hotel recommended pizzeria. And I have to say q is not bad but the best thing is the price. By 40.000IDR have an authentic Italian pizza marguerita. I recommend.

Visited April 2014
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“Great PIZZA!!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

It could the only place in Jogja where you can an an original wood-oven pizza. Yes, you read it right, it is made with wood oven.

The pizza is thin and crunchy, while there are may variant for the topping. I actually had spent about 10 minutes to choose the topping I really want. Beside great variation of pizza menu, there are many other companion meals that are as great as the pizza. I also ordered bread and lasagna. The bread was actually the surprise. As there are many good review for the pizza, you will expect no less. But the bread is in another level, it is simple yet so full of flavor, make you enjoy every bite.

The ambiance is great also. You can choose between outdoor or indoor chairs. The floor is made from wood, the Italian contemporary music is playing in the background, and the wall is full with pictures of Italian landscapes.

The only downside is that the serving for pizza takes a little bit too long. It is understandable since the it is made from wood oven, so the cooking is a bit long. But don't worry, the wait is worthy. Very, very worthy..

So whenever you are in Jogja, just surprise yourself in this little Italian restaurant!

Panggah