I stayed here for a night just yesterday with my husband, location was great on the best part of Yogya (the Malioboro) next to tugu train station.
We went to Yogyakarta from Jakarta by train, Senja Utama (no AC, Rp250,000 or USD24/high season rate, depart Senen, Jakarta at 0830pm, arrive Tugu, Yogya at 5am). We called hotel the day before to inquire about a very early check in (at 5am). They allow early check ins, but only if your room is cleaned and ready. We said to the reception, after hours and hours of travel, it's the next best thing to having a shower, so we really need this early check in. So he said, we will try our best to accommodate your request, but make no guarantees:( Aaargh!. The staff then offered us to use employee's bathroom if we can't get our early check in. What a friendly family service, we really appreciate it.
We arrived in Yogyakarta at 5am, since we have no other place to go, we headed for a hotel (we rode becak = Rp10,000). To our surprise, the check-in went smoothly, no need to wait and no extra charge!.
Actually all went well with the hotel. The room was neat and clean and the space was just enough. Much better than we had expected.
Minus points are:
1. the shower (it will take about sometime for the upper element to heat it's water),
2. buffet style breakfast (limited food selection, it only included Indonesian breakfast menu (steam rice, nasi goreng, 2 proteins and 1 veg), chicken porridge, fruit platters, instant coffee dispenser (nescafe)/tea/juice/water. No selection of bread.)
3. the indoor pool was SO small.
- From the hotel you can actually walk to the train station. Head to Gang Sosrowijayan wetan (Next to malioboro mart/convenience store), at the end of the gang you turn left until you find abadi hotel yogyakarta, the train station is right in the front of the Abadi hotel.
- From the tugu station, find your way to abadi hotel, turn left until you find the second turn/GANG (Second GANG, gang nomor dua).
- From/to airport/SOLO: airport is only 10 minutes from Tugu train station. Prambanan Ekspres (Prameks) trains runs around 10 times daily between Yogya and Solo. This train is a good option for a day trip to Solo from Yogya or Yogya from Solo. Estimated travel time to Solo is an hour. Rp10,000 per way.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Malioboro Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.