“Value for money”

Ranked #296 of 487 Yogyakarta B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Value for money”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The room was ok, clean and comfortable. Breakfast is "so-so ok" with coffee and tea, toast, fried rice or noodles. It is within walking distance to Kraton, but a bit far from Malioboro Street, you may want to have a trishaw or a horse cart ride. The staff are friendly, and the driver for mobil (Indonesia term for car) is very helpful, giving lots of suggestion for places to visit.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank SiakChung

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Just walking distance to Keraton and alun-alun, and no other hotel I saw near here, so it is a perfect place to feel being in the middle of Jogja society. Becak can be easily reached, go to Marlboro only 10 minutes by becak. Price is worth since its new, clean, service good, and the special thing is they serve complimentary snack and mineral bottle water everyday.
The staff are very friendly, just what we expect from Jogja people.
Do not expect various kinds of breakfast as only Indonesian food and plain bread with jam were served. but it's okay since Jogja offer many choices of cheap local culinary.
You can also request for airport pick up and drop off (additional charge) with their comfy vehicle ,Nissan Livina.
For long stay, they also offer you best price, make sure to book it very soon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Angan A
Jakarta
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I just returned from my Jogja trip where I stayed in this small but comfy hotel yet worth the price. I stayed in family room which can accommodate 5 of us (2 queen beds and 1 extra bed) very well. After I described the bed type you can imagine your self how big the room it was.

The room was clean, good service, comfortable and very worth the price.

The location is in the central of the city. "Becak" distance to malioboro and keraton area.

There was only two things that I expect them to improve: one day I would like to have a nice shower after a long day of sightseeing Jogja, it was around 12.30am, but the hot water was not working, so I called the FO about this matter and they asked me to wait for 5 min, I open the knob and let the water runs for about 5 min which I found it still cold. I called the FO again, and still, no action from them except asked me to wait.. after more 10 min of waiting, I decided to have a cold shower. The other thing is the restaurant. One night, me and my group had dinner there, I placed my order and after +/- 40 min of waiting they gave me the wrong dishes, I complained and the asked me to wait. After waited for almost 30 min again, which it came again wrong.. I was getting upset backthere and complained, the waitress said that the rice was ran out, but I still complained because ive waited too long for nothing, she was getting upset too and told me that they wont charge my meal. Than I returned it to her and told her that I was not looking for a free meal and the solution she offered was insulting me. It was not like I cant afford the meal. I just want to eat what ive ordered.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ade S
Butterworth, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We chose this Mawar Asri because of it close to the central, walking distance to water castle and Kraton palace, but it is quite a distance to Malioboro street, so we took the "beca" from Mawar Asri, it's not much "beca" pass through here.

The room was clean, and not bad, but the breakfast was horrible. We took our breakfast at Nenek Omah around 9 something in the morning, there is smelly, and I can't see any people there, and the breakfast is not much choice, but this is ok for me, as long as have a clean place for them, but there was dirty table, the staff didn't clean it up, ants along the sugar case. I think might be we are late for the breakfast.

This hotel is value for money, and quite strategic location, but you might disappointed with their breakfast serve.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sayki
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We booked two rooms for a 3-night stay in Yogyakarta for four people (two per room). The staff are friendly. The location is central, not far from Malioboro Street where a lot of shops are located. It's about 15 minutes walk, with a few shops on the way, or visitors can rely on becak (rickshaws) or horse-drawn carts to get between the hotel and Malioboro. The cheap price for its central location is great value for money.

Unfortunately, I did find it quite noisy. We stayed on the ground floor (room #105) which is tucked inside the courtyard. Nevertheless, traffic noise can be clearly heard throughout the night because of gaps in the door. We could also hear neighbouring guests who chat loudly because of the rather thin walls. At the time of our stay, the hotel was doing some construction work upstairs, which started early in the morning around 8am. I also suspect that the construction work was causing water to leak into one of the two rooms we were staying in (thankfully into the bathroom), which made it smell musty after a few days of our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Cecilia L
Brizzy
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed at the "Mawar Asri" in November '12, good location for walking to the palaces and you have a real feel for Yogya, the staff are friendly and the rooms comfortable. Didn't have cable TV in my room but .Hey. i was there to see Yogya. Loved it!
Duncan

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank BrizzyBoltonboy
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Value for money for my group of 3 adults & 2 small children, we slept comfortably in a family room with 2 queen beds. Sufficient pillows and bath towels. Not enough hangers though in their cabinet, and bathroom has no hooks at all for hanging our clothes. Free tea/coffee, 4 bottles of mineral waters per day and free snacks too available in the room. Trishaws are readily available waiting for customers right outside the door-step every evening without prior booking. We were not used to their local breakfast food (free comes with the room booking), we took only toast bread and tea coffee. Overall it was a pleasant stay for my family.

Room Tip: 5mins drive from Kraton, Tamansari and Maliboro. Away & quiet enough from the crowds at the attr...