“Totally Not Recommend!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Not hygiene
Share meal with ants at the same eating table ...very disgusting
Avocado float look nice but taste bitter and disgusting
Mushroom sate smell like plastic
Ayam betutu and tomyam soup are acceptable

1  Thank Georgia H

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Hanging above Maliaboro is the Legian Garden Restaurant. The Gudeg, according to Yohana was good, the beer was cold the view was interesting. When the waitress brought my sate kambing (goat) she announced it as sate sapi (beef) I said that it wasn't what I ordered. she said "what did you ask for?" and I replied that I'd ordered sate goat. "Yes, this is goats he responded decisively.
As I sat and ate my beef sate, and enjoyed it I might add, the only thing to do is smile.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our local guide recommended Legian. The food was fine. However, as others have mentioned, the restaurant needs a good cleaning. The light fixture over our table had many cob webs. I was hopeful that the restaurant had AC, but when we arrived upstairs there were only open windows and fans oscillating (made for a table) on the ceiling. Staff was very friendly and eager to practice their English. For a great alternative, see Madam Tan review - not too far from Legion.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We intended to have dinner here once again but after calling in late afternoon for a drink, decided against it. The area outside the stairs to the restaurant smells foul, the entry is scruffy and a little dirty as is the walkway to the main dining area overlooking Malioboro, which wasn't too clean either.
It's a shame that it seems to have let standards slip because the location is brilliant.

1  Thank travelkat88
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Sop Kambing (forget name in English) is a my favorit menu in this restaurant. The location is easily found coz its location just few walks from Dagen street. Pretty much expensive for backpacker pocket. Therefore, this restaurant not recommended for budget travel. I choose to have a dinner, sitting next to window, so I can enjoy the crowded outside-below this resto (the resto is 2nd floor of a building)