“fun, colorful place to stay”

Ibis Styles Yogyakarta
Ranked #21 of 205 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Semarang
“fun, colorful place to stay”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed there at February 10th, 2012. First impression was : modern, colorful architecture. Hotel staffs were very helpful and friendly. Hotel location is perfect. Located near the famous Malioboro street. Not so far from the legendary culinary icon of Yogyakarta : Gudeg Wijilan.
The view from rooftop bar was spectacular. Although we didn't like the music they played : Rihanna house-style music. Which is very loud, according to us. After all, good hotel, good view, nice place to stay in Yogyakarta.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
All Seasons Y, General Manager at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the All Seasons Yogyakarta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Roni Martadinata

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 February 2012

brand new hotel walking distance to Malioboro street. Still ultra clean because it was only recenly opened in December 2011. I like the bright colours used everywhere in the hotel, it created a fun happy atmosphere and the staff are always smiling and cheerful adding more colour to the hotel. Breakfast is a good spread of local and western, good one. Rooms are not that big it it does feel roomy because of the bathroom with clear glass and the colours used around the room.
Overall great mimalist value for money hotel

Jakarta
Reviewed 20 February 2012

we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. the hotel is brand new when we were there. the room is small but it is very clean and convenience. the bathroom is also very clean. we have tea coffee making facilities in the room. the staffs were very nice and helpful. the hotel is near malioboro street, we can walk there or by becak. the price is not expensive for the new hotel like this.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Shanghai
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed for 2 days in this hotel. Location and design was fine but service was too bad. When I tried to call housekeeping department to bring me some hairdryer, there is no answer and no call back response.
Shower room was not complete with shower curtain, so you can see water overflowing the floor.

I lost my card in my room, which is the staff lied to me and mentioned that housekeeping did not find it and she call me with laughing - so crazy, seems that she underestimate the service of the hotel. When i check out, the reception was coordinated with housekeeping, how come they didn't know that my belonging was lost there.

I will absolutely will not stay there anymore. Will choose hotel with good value of money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank theodora7
All Seasons Y, General Manager at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Theodora7

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at All Seasons Yogyakarta. I do note some points that you have reviewed during your stay with us. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.
At All Seasons Yogyakarta, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
Thank you once again for your comment, Look forward to personally welcoming you again.

Best personal regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Had a wonderful stay in this funky boutique hotel right near Malioboro. Service by friendly staff was excellent.
The breakfast buffet spread was diverse to satisfy our appetites. I dearly loved the buah salak - a taste of local falvour.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Having read all comments, I wish to say that this is a 3 star hotel. Don't expect a 5 star one. The rooftop is excellent, with a nice small swimming pool and bar. Prices are not too bad for alcohol and food, 50% discount between 4 and 7 pm. The lobby is very modern.
Now, regarding the rooms: they are also modern. Bathrooms are just OK. Water is a bit smelly, no curtain in shower so inondated for every shower you will take. Sink also not well fixed. Bed is very comfortable. Not possible to open windows, so we could not get rid of the bad smell from the bathroom. However it is very clean.
Wifi is working everywhere. Breakfast is not too bad. Regarding value for money, I booked very early and I had a good promotion. A friend joined us and had to pay full price, ie double, so book early! I really really recommend the rooftop!!
Staff is really friendly, smiling and helpful.
Good to know: No possibility to have an extra bed in the room. Also, hotel was fully booked so my friend had difficulty booking: once more, book early! Location is good. Near Malioboro, though I didn't really like Malioboro. Yogyakarta is great though, lots of things to see and do. Kota Gede is awesome! (not the silver factories but the heritage walk).
Travel agent did not speak good English but was very friendly and we could book what we needed.

1 Thank Kouala