“Comfy :)”
Review of MMUGM Hotel

MMUGM Hotel
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

When malioboro comes too crowded and sometimes their food become expensive for local tourist, this hotel which managed by Gajah Mada University will give you different experience. It located around kaliurang where you can get real price for eat and enjoy social life in yogyakarta just like the locals :)

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel, it is 3 stars hotel owned by Gadjah Mada University (UM), since i am alumni of UGM so for me it would be better to stay in a hotel of my alma-mater. We got the room in 3rd floor, with the view was Yogya city. I felt comfortable sleep there, as the staffs were friendly, and the food was good when we had breakfast. The location really close to UGM as it is close to Bulak Sumur, and strategic to reach many tourist attraction, like Kaliurang to see Merapi Mountain (around 1 hour by car) or to Malioboro Street (25 minutes by car) to Parang Tritis Beach (around 1 hour by car) or go to Prambanan Teample (40 minutes by car) and Borobudur Temple in Magelang (around 1,5 hour by car)

Room Tip: Please choose the room on the 3rd floor with city view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marietha S
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel is clean, convenient to Univ GajaMada and has decent rooms. HOWEVER! DO NOT BOOK THROUGH AGODA, where my web search took me automatically - call and book directly. the actual hotel charges are very reasonable, even cheap, but AGODA charges more than double. I only realised this after I had checked in and paid - a phone conversation with a very accommodating manager finally reimburse me 50% of what I was charged, still more than the costs had i booked directly, but I am sure AGODA rips off the hotel as well as the client.
Botton linie - the Wisma is fine - a good place to stay at very reasonable rates but avoid AGODA booking at all costs!! Jon Rohde, MD (US citizen - but resident of So Africa and formerly resident of Yogyakarta)

Room Tip: ask to have the mountain side rooms - away from the main road Jalan Colombo
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Wisma MMUGM located at Colombo street near Gadjah Mada University. I stayed there for 3D2N. It is good for sleep because I didn't stay long here, I mean I came back to hotel at night then I went to sleep and I left at early morning. In my opinion, this hotel is for people who like to go out all day long so hotel just for take a rest. Beds were comfortable, toilet was clean with complete showering utilities. Room rates are included breakfast set, recommended place for people who wants to stay in comfy hotel with reasonable price :)

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Widyalarasati
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is our favorites hotel when in Jogja. First reason is close to UGM where our son study there. Second parking is sufficient for persons whom used private car (like us). Third lobby is large & relaxing. Fourth the room is spacious with large windows.

For us, this is our favorites!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a fairly basic hotel which biggest plus is its proximity to Gadjah Mada University. I stayed there for 4 nights and my room was clean but also showed some wear and tear, especially in the bathroom. Breakfast was ok too, but I think they could put a bit more effort into it.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a room with Mt Merapi view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I think I've been quite unlucky but my experience here has been the worst ever. Ants in the bathroom, louder air conditioning, strange insects behind the curtain, that's how my night there has been sleepless.
Breakfast isn't tasty and is served in a buffet mode, with a small choice of local foods only.
Its location is also not so convenient: a taxi is required to reach the downtown.

Room Tip: Refuse ground floor rooms! Maybe you'll avoid ants.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple