“Good”

Novotel Yogyakarta
Ranked #21 of 205 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Reviewed 28 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

There are newer reviews for Novotel Yogyakarta

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I did not stay in the hotel but visited the Spa three times. Excellent massage, reasonable prices, friendly staff.

The rest of the hotel seemed quite old fashioned and after checking out the buffet, decided I was glad not to have booked to stay as well....I stayed in a different hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shavasti
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Shavasti,
We are happy to hear that you have experienced our Spa. I will share your positive comments with our team.

Please rest assure that we strive to continuously improve the quality of our product and services for guest satisfaction.

We hope that you would stay in our hotel in the furture.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed here with the children (4 nos) and enjoyed it. Decent hotel with decent breakfast. A bit off route as the walk to the old centre (Marlioboro) if a bit too far. Also all restaurants are too far away for walking. All-in-all a decent hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Koen B
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Koen B,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Yogyakarta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We hope we will be able to welcome you again one day in Novotel Yogyakarta.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

You get more than what you paid. From the security guards at the front gate, door keepers, receptionists, all the way to waiters at Kedaton Restaurant were making extra miles to make our stay as satisfying as possible. The room smell fresh as we entered and it gave an extremely relaxing feel. It's a spacious room, by the way. Shower, bathtub, washbasin, tap, and all at the bathroom were functioning well. I asked for a shaver and they provided me one immediately. Variety of satellite TV channels for in-room entertainment and hi-speed wifi access are quite satisfying. Breakfast are provided with lot of choices, both Indonesian and western. The plate for main course was too small though, in my opinion :))

Overall, it was very satisfying hotel. Value more than what you paid.

Room Tip: Ask for Merapi view room. It is very relaxing to stare at this mountain in the morning while weather...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julhandiarso H

Dear Julhandiarso H ,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback. My team and I are happy to hear that you have enjoyed the stay with us and we hope we will be able to welcome you again one day in Novotel Yogyakarta.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is the first time I stayed at Novotel Yogyakarta for both business and get away trips. When I arrived at the hotel lobby, though at that time so many people waiting to check in, the friendly front desk officer still can handle hotel guests without delay.
Food was good, all hotel staffs are friendly and will ask you whether you need anything else, really match to the Novotel's mission, costumer's satisfaction.
Room was clean and tidy, king size bed just make a perfect rest, even though I think the air-con was too cold for me.
Hotel location right beside a shopping mall called 'The Galleria' and shuttle bus to the well known shopping district, 'Malioboro' avaialble for free.
Overall, it was a pleasant and nice stay at this hotel, highly recommended to new comer in Yogyakarta.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lie_Hartono6178
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Lie_Hartono6178,

We hope we will be able to welcome you again one day in Novotel Yogyakarta.

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel looks not new, but stil acceptable. Check in was quick. I've got the executive type of room on 8 floor. Smoking room with kingsize bed off course. Overall the room, bathroom and its amenities are okay. I had a very good sleep for couple of nights at this hotel. The aircon was to cold though.

Have not use the pool and their fitness center, but they looks okay. My downside was the breakfast. The plate was to small for me. The variation of menu for breakfast were okay, but the omelette taste to salty, while I tasted that the fried rice was not brave enough with spices. Nothing special on the taste of their croissant.

Overall, this hotel are still acceptable. I wouldn't mind to stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rizky8488

Dear Rizky8488 ,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have stayed in this hotel 3x and all in on business trips (and also leisure). This hotel is further from airport in terms on distance compare to Sheraton Mustika.

Room looks new, room decoration and style is not traditional Java/Indonesia, its just modern simple style. I got a room with a bathtub, room was clean, if you get breakfast the food is okay there. They'll have local delicacy and also Western so dont worry, they'll have fresh salad, fresh fruits, toast, jam, yoghurt and local food as well. Location is great not far from Malioboro Road and within a walk distance (5 minute) you can get food just in case you're bored. There will be Mr Burger on the opposite road and also book store. They also have basement parking lot.

This hotel also have swimming pool and bar near the receptionist/entrance.

Cheers. . .

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank botulinum
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear botulinum,