Hotel Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro
Jambuluwuk Malioboro(Yogyakarta)
US$49
US$38
Priceline
All reviewsshopping malldirect accessstrategic locationpizza hutsouvenir shopsexcellent locationswimming pool is smallhorse carriagehotel is perfectinna garudawalking distancepleasant stayclean bathroomtraditional marketstreet foodtrain stationsuperior room
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I chose the Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro based on reviews based on my good experiences with the Ibis hotel chain and the Accor group of hotels. Ibis Yogyakarta is also another good hotel in a very convenient location located right on Malioboro and next to the Malioboro mall.

The staff are very helpful making sure everything is okay with your room. They always checked to see if I had enough water bottles in my room. That was awesome.

My room was okay but with a poor view of Yogyakarta. I recommend asking for a room with a view. My only complaint was that I needed to turn on the hot water for 5 minutes before I could get any hot water. Not a problem if you are not in a hurry, I was on the day I complained about it to the staff. There also is not a safe deposit box in your room, they only have it at the front desk. This is something I like see added in the future.

For the positives, Ibis Yogyakarta has a great breakfast and dinner buffet. I got fed up with the popular restaurants being full so I opted to eat just at Ibis. It was more convenient.

For those flying out of Yogyakarta, just give yourself 30 minutes to get to the airport. Ibis will arrange a taxi but it took use just 15 minutes in the morning to there. I would say 30 minutes if a traffic jam.

If you come by train, you do not need a taxi. Ibis is just a 5 minute walk if you do not have much luggage. The street is busy so be forewarned.

Take caution on Malioboro street, they know which customers stay at Ibis Yogyakarta. They will try to trick to visit a batik painting exhibition. It is a scam, they want you to buy a painting at an inflated discounted price. They will tell you it is the last day of the exhibition.

Overall, a great hotel and very great staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SaigonNezumi
IbisMalioboroYk, Manajer Umum at Hotel Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Mr. SaigonNezumi,

Warmest greetings from ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro...

Thank you for choosing Hotel ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro to be your preference stay during your travels to our friendly city Yogyakarta, Indonesia.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we are waiting for the opportunity to welcoming you to Hotel ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We celebrated our birthday in Ibis and have received a very warm welcome from the staff. Terima kasih to all these who made our stay rememerable. Right in the centre of yogyakarta with all its cultural highlights. This is the place to be to enjoy Indonesia.

Stayed: July 2014
IbisMalioboroYk, Manajer Umum at Hotel Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Valuable Guest,

Warmest greetings from ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro...

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valuable guest. We are glad to know that you are satisfied with our surprise birthday party for your son.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location for exploring the city and the surroundings. There is a mall attached and heaps of restaurants very nearby which is really convenient. The quality of the rooms are just ok. The breakfast is probably normal for Ibis which is not remarkable - just ok. I would have liked to have seen more cereals. Staff were friendly. Disappointed with the level of wifi in the rooms. Quite a painful process to get the wifi internet working - but very slow - too slow. Reasonable value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
IbisMalioboroYk, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Mr./Ms. Morenos,

Warmest greetings from ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro...

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valuable guest. We are glad to know that you are satisfied with our perfect location and friendly staffs. We do apologize that you feel disapointed with our WiFi connection. Please rest assure that we have informed this to our internet provider to follow up the problem and prevent future occurence.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

(Note: I didn't book this hotel directly, it was booked for us by a family friend that we were travelling with).
At first glance, the hotel gives the impression that it is new and clean, but look closer and some of the room's features appear tired and unclean.

Positives:
- convenient location
- friendly & accommodating staff
- some basic toiletries and slippers provided
- fridge, tea/coffee making and 2 x free bottles of water daily
- extensive breakfast selection of continental and hot foods
- we had an interconnecting room by request

Negatives:
- bathroom didn't appear clean (shower cubicle had mildew/mould, glass not clean)
- pillows/linen not the cleanest (several stains)
- tiny critters (ants?) crawling on the table, get into your food items if not careful
- very close to the mosque, so expect to be woken up at 4am if you are not accustomed to hearing prayer chants over loudspeakers

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank silenceisgolden_oz
IbisMalioboroYk, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Mr./Ms. fussy_traveller_oz,

Warmest greetings from ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro...

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valuable guest. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

i just come for the spa, and i know it will not be fair to compare with Bali's facility but i believe things could be better.
we enter the hotel through mall entrance, the security just answer with a plain voice and no smile when we ask about the spa, and even though we are not an in house guest, no one, even the reception ask where we are going. so we passed the security way to easy.
arrive at 5th floor, i got to salute the spa reception, she's kind enough to smile and being polite. After choosing the treatment, we go for 1 hours Aromatherapy Massages, the reception lead us directly to the spa room, and do preparation in front of us, not a good thing to do, i understand the space are small and they did not have a waiting area, but there's 2 of us and there's only 1 chair in the room, so they basically expect one of us to stand during preparation. My therapist, Rina i believe her name is, was really nice, even though her warming up and oil applying technique not special, but when she start with the oil massages, things start to get better, when i told her her pressure was to strong, she tone it down and ask if the new pressure is good enough or if she need to tone it down again. A little advice, if i may, why not ask how the pressure the guest wish to have before the treatment?!
During massages, a phone in the massages room was ringing, and my friend therapist answer it and left my friend unattended for a while, if i may suggest, putting a phone in a massages room is a big distribution.not a good choice.
After the treatment, our therapist wash their hand in the same toilet in the massages room, and i can hear them laugh and talk with each other, and they know we still changing clothes, not a wise decision.
our bill then arrive at the end of the session, and we leave laughing because well,to be honest for accor standard we put a high hope.
well, the location is good, just high up the standard, i believe ibis could be better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BeBefootstep
IbisMalioboro52-58, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Mr./Ms.BeBefootstep,

Warmest greetings from ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro…

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer. Therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.