“Hotel adjacent to Malioboro Shopping Mall”

Hotel Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro
Ranked #35 of 206 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had 4 days 3 nights tour to Yogyajakarta after spending 2 nights at Jakarta.

We tried to book Whiz Hotel for its near distance to Malioboro and fair review. Unfortunately it was fully booked, so we ended up staying at Dafam Fortuna Hotel which was a bit further but supposed to be a fairly new hotel. However, I had bad experience with the hotel which I had reviewed in an earlier post. So for the next two nights we moved to Ibis Yogyakarta Hotel, which we had stayed in my previous trip to Yogyakarta one year ago.

The plus points about this hotels is it's location, which has a direct entrance to the Malioboro mall where we can find good choice of shopping of fairly god quality goods, especially when you want to get away from the outdoor shopping, which is associated with dust and heat. There are also a lot of eateries and salons as well.

The hotel staffs including the doormen were very helpful and efficient, In fact, this is the trait I find in most hotels I stayed in Yogya. Trishaws and taxis can be found just outside the hotel. As it is a fairly old hotel, the rooms are spacious with big window and letting in bright light. Bed are firm. Room is jaded with old fittings, but I have no problem with them.

Very good water pressure and hot water is available all the time, that is a very plus point. But I think it is high time they refurnished the rooms. That would make it the hotel of choice to stay in Yogya. Breakfast served also had fair share of Asian and continental choices.

All in all, I had a good experience staying at Ibis Malioboro. If I do come back, this would be the hotel of my choice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
IbisMalioboroYk, Manajer Umum at Hotel Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Mr./Ms. heongchee,

Warmest greetings from ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro...

Thank you for choosing Hotel ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro to be your preference stay during your travels to our friendly city Yogyakarta, Indonesia.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your pleasant stay at our Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valuable guest.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you at our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I love staying at this hotel. I stayed for four days and three nights. My room were clean and I can see the views of the city of Yogyakarta from my windows. a very strategic location in the middle of Malioboro street. even you can get into the hotel from the Malioboro mall. Easy to get food and transportation. There is a swimming pool. although the pool is too small for adult but children's can enjoy this pool. The hotel staff were friendly, polite and very helpful. With what I paid I am very satisfied staying at this hotel. Booked your room in advance will help you to get what kind of room you like. you'll need to pay higher otherwise :)

Room Tip: Higher floors will have better views of Yogyakarta city
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
IbisMalioboroYk, Manajer Umum at Hotel Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Mr./Ms. iroelmasy ,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

if you want to enjoy yogya and jot bother with transportation... stay at this hotel... locates in heart of jogja, malioboro.. what you need is to walk to shop.. or using becak or andong..

This hotel connect to the mall, easier for foreigner to find food is not used to jogja food, which usually sweet.

The room is pretty small, but the hotel service is very good. Varied breakfast, good massage and nice room service.

Many good food in neighbourhood, bakso and chinese food also sate.

Worthed of money.

• Stayed: December 2013
IbisMalioboroYk, Manajer Umum at Hotel Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Mr./Ms. kath_tan,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel twice whilst i was in Yogyakarta. The first time was just for 2 nights and the hotel room was great. The second time a week later was for a week and the room was totally unsatisfactory and even after I had asked to have the items (aircon, running toilet, blocked shower, blocked sink, toilet that did not flush) in the room fixed it wasn't. The items that were broken had tiny alterations done to them so that it would fall in the 15min satisfaction time limit. It was reasonably disappointing as my first stay was so good and the actual hotel staff and dinning area was great. I was also staying in a non smoking room both times but the second time I was directly across from the lifts and people were smoking in the hallway outside the lift.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ms. Cinderprints,

Warmest greetings from ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro…

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer. Therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Ibis hotels had been excellent but be careful of ibis malioboro late checkout policy. I am very disappointed with 50% charge for late checkout (600pm). Further more they will charge against published rate, not internet ibis site, which is substantially higher. I raised my disappointment but their on-duty manager does not care much. This is obviously against their satifaction guarantee. BE CAREFUL!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Andy2419
IbisMalioboroYk, Manajer Umum at Hotel Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Mr. Andy2419,

Warmest greetings from ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro…

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer. Therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problemby reviewing our check out policy to prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisMalioboroYk, Manajer Umum at Hotel Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Reviewed 21 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisMalioboroYk, Manajer Umum at Hotel Ibis Yogyakarta Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014