“Everone was helpfull”

Ranked #88 of 204 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Germany
“Everone was helpfull”
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Stayed here before back in 2007 which was not satifactory as compare to my last visit in Sept. I see a lot of changes especially now that they have a new section call the premier floor with comtemporary set up. My room was facing the airport and it was a good view of the village and a part of the town buildings.

The bathtub was designed in such a way that water keeps getting onto the floor and I always have to asked for an extra towel so as to put onto the floor. I prefer the old classic room where there were more funitures like the one I stayed in 2007 with a pool view.

The overall service was excellent , The staff are all wonderful and friendly and the food was awesome with the traditional javanese music played at the lobby during the muslim celebration...cannot extol the virtues of this new and improved hotel enough.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
gelang
Reviewed 20 September 2009

I enjoyed staying at Saphir Hotel because it was close to the airport, My family had fun taking the tri -cycle to malioboro street in the evening, The breakfast superd , the staff was friend , the service was good , the rooms were clean and I could serve the internet from the room which was good so as to keep track of my work while I holiday.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 15 June 2008

The reviews here, they're not entirely false. I had to check in this hotel, just because I had to come for work. Everything was last minute and this was all I got. Because school's out and most hotels are fully booked. Even this one held about 5-6 seminars. You can imagine the crowd. And yes, most were smoking. The elevators need maintenance, so is the plumbing. You can't do anything about the loud noise coming from the nearby mosque. Just ask for a room that's located in the front area of the hotel. The location is not far from the airport, so I may suggest this hotel if you're transitting a flight and had to stay overnight. But other than that, you might as well look for other hotels.

• Liked — Near the airport
  • Disliked — Room and plumbing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Aji2206

Travellers are raving about these Yogyakarta hotels

Sydney
Reviewed 8 December 2007

I chose this hotel because I read a reasonably good review on Hotelclub website. The staffs are friendly. However, as soon as we entered the lobby, we could smell a strong smell of cigarettes. People smoke on the lobby and at the restaurant. I was very annoyed that while we were having our breakfast, people who sit next to the buffet smoked like trains.

We went to the swimming pool and we saw the water was dirty. We decided to give it a miss.

Oh, have I mentioned the lifts?? Well, we really had to watch out for the lifts. As soon as the door started opening, we had to push our way in. The lift closed so quickly and if we didn't enter quickly, the door would squash us.

The corridor is dark and the room is so so. The shower kept changing from hot to cold and vice versa. Our room was on the 3rd floor and facing the shopping centre next door. When the made announcement, we could hear it as it was so loud. The shopping centre has a food court on the top floor, which come in handy.

The only thing I like about staying here was the massage. We had traditional massage and it was cheap. The only thing is, they did not mention that the massage was run separately by other people so we had to pay cash.

I only recommend this hotel to smokers but apart from that, I can't see why this hotel is 4 star and I will not stay in this hotel again.

• Liked — The massage
  • Disliked — The cigarette smell & the lifts
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PigletSydney
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 November 2007

Stayed here last August. The good thing about this hotel is that it's adjacent to a shopping mall (Saphir Square) that has indoor ice skate ring. Another shopping mall close by is the new Ambarukmo Plaza.

Lobby is dark, the room is a bit outdated and the breakfast is very standard. Some of you might be disturbed by prayer call from a mosque right behind the hotel. However, you will find that for the price you pay (less than Rp. 350.000), the value you get is actually not so bad.

• Liked — the location
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank radjaff