Andrea Hotel
Malioboro Inn(Yogyakarta)
  • Pool
Oryza Hotel(Yogyakarta)
View Hotel
All reviewsswiss ownertoast with jamtrain stationan air conditioned roommalioboro streetbromo ijensmall hotelfive minute walkfan roomhot showerhotel is situatedindonesiatemplesoapmotorbike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is a small hotel in a central "gang" of yogya where there are many restaurants and you can see also the daily life of indonesian people! Room are very clean and confortable, small but with everything you need ( wifi as well!). The owner is very friendly and give you all the info you need about the city and what to do. I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Great place to stay with a nice and helpfull Swiss owner. Conveniently located near the railway station (5min walk). It has airco and decent beds, with a nice terrace at the front entrance. Keep in mind though that the shower only has cold water.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We spent three nights in the deluxe rooms. Rooms are basic but clean, with bathrooms attached. The owner- Sammy and the staff of the hotel are very kind, friendly and helpful what made our trip to Yogyakarta enjoyable. The reservation and communication via e-mail was fast and easy. There was also no problem to extend our stay. Breakfast is humble and simple (toast, butter and jam) but you can get a free flow of tee or coffee (coffee was excellent). The breakfast is served at the veranda opened to the small line where you can feel the true atmosphere of everyday Indonesian life. Location of the hotel, close to Malioboro street, main train station and to the city bus stop from where you can get a ride to Prambanan temple is an advantage. There are many places to eat in the neighbourhood.

Room Tip: Room located immediately behind the reception desk is spacious but sometimes you can hear people talking and singing at the nearby restaurant or street. For us it was not a problem.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is a much delayed review, stayed in January for 4 nights. I wasn’t quite at peace on my first night though, I kept hearing soft nibbling sounds (presumably birds) so I requested to move to another room and luckily it was available! My arrangement was granted and I had a fantastic stay throughout.

Price:

I had requested for the standard room which cost very affordably at only USD 12/night which rounded up to a measly USD 50/ 4 nights inclusive of a simple toast breakfast with coffee/ tea.

Rooms:

Exceeded my expectation. Since I was travelling solo, I expected my room be really small and to have only one small single bed, but it was a double sized bed and decently done up, very clean as well. I really liked the simplicity of the arrangement and I really appreciate the places of interest suggestions placed on top of the coffee table next to my bed. That was really helpful. I think the deco was quite local as well, if you’re looking into that too. Really liked it.

Location:

Any accommodation within Sosrowijayan Wetan is golden. That includes Andrea Hotel as well. Andrea Hotel is located within the inner streets of Sosrowijayan so not only is it safe, it’s also really quiet eventhough it’s minutes walk from the main attractions e.g Maliboro Street and the Pub Street. There are restaurants next doors and even Andrea Hotel cooks up a little bit of something as well. I’d say, nothing could get wrong with Sosrowijayan and Andrea Hotel if location was your main concern.

Family:

I travelled solo, but the ambiance and the staffs were really helpful that I can easily recommend this to travelers who are travelling with family as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jacqkie
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The deluxe bedroom is ok it s clean, but pretty bare and very very small, just next to the lobby. It wasn t too noisy at night but it was in the morning as indonesians wake up relatively early and kids play etc. Witt all the option in Yogya I think the room is over priced at least during the low season I didn 't see the standard bedrooms. The breakfast is included but it s just 2 toasts with butter and jam and some coffee or tea. Overall ok but nothing exceptional.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple