“best place to rest :D”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yogyakarta
Utar Losmen Pension
Ranked #307 of 469 Yogyakarta B&B and Inns
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“best place to rest :D”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

plays the inn is a comfortable place to rest I think. adequate facilities there. Room prices are not too expensive, bathroom inside Rp 120,000 and bathroom outside Rp 90,000, including breakfast and wifi. there is also provided coffee and tea that can be made and of course free. atmosphere there is also support, there are many plants and birds also berkicauan in every morning. air is too far from pollution. UTAR main inn is the most convenient place for you to rest.

Room Tip: large windowed room that much better
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank gustian

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place to stay. In this alley there are a lot! A guy approached us and took us to losmen Utar.
We noticed the nice green walls first, then the small but clean bathroom and a big twinbed.
We took the room and that night we didn't sleep because there were a lot of bedbugs! We told the owner and they went a long with bugspray and new sheets. We slept a little, but the bedbugs came back. The owner told us that we could have a different room, we went looking and this one was bug free.

The next morning we saw three indonesian guys in our old room, they were taking the bed out, to get it cleaned on the roof!

We stayed one week, because the service was great. It's cheap 120.000 rp for 1 night, laundry service 5.000 rp for 1 kilo, coffee and tea free, soft drinks/beer a small price.
And the place is full with backpackers from al over the world!
The atmosphere is good and if you have a problem the owner will help you!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Patriesh
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I really liked this guesthouse for the first days we stayed there. Nice staff, cool atmosphere and a cool rooftop terrace. I noticed a few insects crawling on the bed, but didn't really spend a lot of attention to it. I was more focused on not getting bitten by mosquitos, because they seem to really like me. When I woke up the 3rd day, I noticed my arms were really swollen, and were covered with little red bumps. Then I remembered seeing a few bed bugs the day before (after I googled how bed bugs look like). The next day I had a lot more bites and my legs, shoulders, arms, back and face (!) are covered with red bumps, that are really itching!!! I'm going crazy! What a pitty this happened. Now I carry the bugs with me in my luggage and they don't seem to leave me alone.... Another thing: there seem to be living a few families with little kids in this area. If you're not a morning person, choose a room away from the street, because the kids yell a lot.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
UTARpension, Pemilik at Utar Losmen Pension, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
we have to improve and even change the bed and cleaning every guest check out . so if you are going to check in please check first that there are no bedbugs in the room that we provide . thank you .

Travellers are raving about these Yogyakarta hotels

Malang, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 November 2012

haha i dont know, but i feel im in home in Utar Losmen :) cozy place. i always feel sleepy whenever i sit in the bad in Utar haha :p the location is 'strategis' too :o malioboro and another cafe not too far. transportation too. haha i hope i have a time again to visit them :)) ps. sorry about my bad english -_-

Room Tip: corner of the left side is good :))
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank aulliafauwziah
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The losmen has an amazing roof terrace where is a comfy and nice relaxing area surrounded by flowers and cages with birds. The family is very nice and helpful, it is very nice actually living with them and watching them todo the houseworks. When I came at three in the morning, nocking their door without any reservation, they let me in and gave me good price for the half night. The cheaper room for one person with good breakfast is for 80000 IDR. Coffee and tea is all day for free and you can take water, coke or beer for better price than small supermarkets for tourists nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jana n
Sliedrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 October 2012

By far the friendliest guesthouse we stayed in during our 3 weeks on Java. Tucked away in a small and quiet alley but not far away from the action. The rooms are nothing fancy but the family is amazingly nice! They have a lovely roof top terrace. Take a local dish for breakfast (mie goreng or nasi goreng), made fresh every day and tastes great! We ended up staying 6 nights instead of the 2 we planned!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple