“Good way to kill time” 4 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good way to kill time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Our flight was changed to an earlier time so we had to find a way to kill time before check in. Zoo seemed like a good idea, although there was some kind of school outing going on it was fun and busy. Animals looked healthy and it was fun. I think we were asked if people could take our pictures more than the anime were having theirs taken though.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Waterford, Ireland
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Probably the best attraction in Jogja .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

There was lots to do here other than just view animals . There was elephant rides , camel rides and boat and train rides , you even had the opportunity to cycle on water . Admission is very cheap and is slightly different to other zoos I have been to before . There is not a huge amount of individual animals but there is a great variety of reptiles and a very interactive experience with a great variety of exotic birds . To my surprise , there was even penguins and is also home to " Mister Burger " which I also enjoyed TWICE .

Singapore, Singapore
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Satisfactory with room for improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Zoo is clean and spacious. Animals look healthy in general though the orang utan and the Komodo dragons seems to be on the chubby side. Exhibit are generally spacious for the animals and quite a lot of them are open exhibits too. They have a new Jackass (African) penguin exhibit and it is probably the best exhibit in the zoo! Penguins look happy and were actively swimming in the exhibit pool.

Some of the exhibits however needs some renovation as they look old and is a tad too small for the animals for example; the Malayan sun bear exhibit looks rather bare and very concreted without natural substrate.

A good place to visit and the animals are well-treated.

1 Thank Wendy C
Purwokerto, Indonesia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice and clean zoo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I 've been to Jogja many times and never thought of visiting the zoo until I have kids. I searched reviews of Gembira Loka zoo, considering that most zoos in Indonesia are in very poor conditions, and read some good reviews.
It was indeed a very nice place to visit.Clean and well maintained. My kids (7yo and 3.5yo) love it.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Better than we expected.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Went to Jogja so many times, i had never thought to see the zoo. This was my first time came to see it because I was waiting for the check in time. Entrance fee to Gembira Loka Zoo is Rp 20,000 (I came on Thursday). They are open since 7.30 am in the morning. After paying for ticket, you'll get a map with information of animal's feeding time and attractions. Actually, GLZ is so much better than we expected. The animals are well-treated and healthy, and the staffs are all nice and friendly.

Visited April 2014