“Helpful staff, cozy room, delicious foods!”

Hotel Santika Premiere Jogja
Ranked #19 of 200 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Bandung, Indonesia
“Helpful staff, cozy room, delicious foods!”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed here for 3 days, 2 nights. On my arrival, I had a little problem about the room but the staff responded very quick. I got a room with pool view. The room was very comfortable and spacious. Had a very nice sleep. Unfortunately the bathroom not so clean, especially the bathtub. And I gotta ask for a towel. Maybe the staf forget to put a new one after cleaning up. Not a big deal for me tho'. For 3 days, I had a great breakfast and lunch. There are traditional food like gudeg, or even a fushion like sushi. Foods were all delicious, but not the sushi. For dinner, I went to House of Raminten, it's near the hotel. Good place to go with friends, have conversation till midnight. U could get there by foot. If u wanna go to Malioboro, u could take a taxi or becak. It's not close but not that far either. 10 minutes if u take a taxi. Overall the hotel is great, but I wanna try other hotel at the Malioboro on my next visit to Yogya.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Jakarta
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I was actually really looking forward to stay at this hotel due to positive reviews, however I was utterly disappointed.

First, I requested an airport pick-up from the airport as I am not familiar with Yogyakarta at all. As I landed in Adi Sucipto Airport, I saw no one was looking for me with my name on a cardboard, however, I saw a Santika hotel staff was waiting for other arriving passengers and when I approached him, he told me that my name was not on the list. I called the hotel concierge and asked about the pick up, and the lady on the phone simply answered that they were short-staffed and the hotel was fully booked therefore no one was able to get me. Without any courtesy to apologize and a good intention to inform me before hand, the lady told me to get a taxi instead. This really pissed me off as they hadn't informed in advance that their service wasn't available. Luckily, the hotel staff, Pak Muwanardi, was kindly enough to offer me to share a ride with other passengers.

When I got to the hotel, the check in process was flawless and quick, and my room had a swimming pool view. The room was okay, the bathroom looks old and can use some touch up. I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast at this hotel but I had lunch instead and the food tasted great.

On the last day I decided to try their salon and spa and I called at 8.30 for a reservation. The staff told me that such reservation wasn't necessary and I should come by directly instead. I arrived at the spa at 9.00 and believe me or not, the guy at the spa lobby told me that there were no staffs available because they were off working. Working where?! again, no apology, and feeling disappointed I went back to my room. My plane was at 13.30, and the day before, I called the concierge again to request for another ride to the airport and they told me that I should leave the hotel at 12.30.

Feeling that I had enough time, I ordered a room service to have lunch and the food arrived at 11.30 in my room. I ate my lunch slowly without rushing and at 11.55, the concierge called me again to confirm my airport ride and told me that I should leave the hotel at 12.00, otherwise I had to share a ride with other hotel guests and leave at 13.00. Again, pissed off, I didn't get a chance to finish off my lunch, I checked out and left the hotel at 12.00 with a scowl on my face.

Personally I think Santika Premiere could be a great hotel. The rate is not so bad, the food tasted great, and it is located on a strategic location. Most of the hotel staffs were friendly and helpful but somehow they couldn't coordinate and communicate with one another at caused their hotel guests confused and disappointed. Also, their bossiness center sucked. I printed an 8-pages documents and I had to pay Rp. 40.000 for it. There are other hotels with less stars let their hotel guests use their printer for free.

If I had to come back to Yogya on a vacation, I strongly would not remember this hotel, choose Phoenix if you want to on a similar location or go to the Hyatt instead. Stay here if your office pays for your trip and for a short stay and make sure to confirm for everything you request or reserve more than once, or you'll end up disappointed!

Room Tip: Choose a pool-view room for a better light.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Arachma
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I routinely travel to Jogja for family matters at least twice in a year since 1995, and 70% of my trip are spent at Santika Hotel. Although the hotel was old, they are well maintained. They have spacious room but without pile carpet. The furniture looks old, but to me is more like a classic style. Their swimming pool is well maintained, and my kids always jump in it at least once every time we stay here.

The location is fine, about 15-20 min from airport and every taxi driver knows this hotel very well. Moreover you wont be bothered by traffic jam, compare if you stay around Malioboro street.

But what I love the most is the Breakfast. In fact, this is the #1 factor which makes me keep coming to this hotel. So many variety, well prepared, and delicious. They have western and traditional local food, and what makes it differ with others is that the taste here is far outmatch other 4 Star hotel around. I've been at least 10 years as a regular guest and they keep their standard high. You have to try it by yourself.

All in all I like this hotel, and this is my 1st choice for 4 star hotel in Jogjakarta.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Warm welcome greeted me when I checked in here. The friendly staff took care of all my check-in details and the cozy lobby was just relaxing. The sweets bowl at the front desk has a nice tamarind flavoured sweet that's quite nice. The rooms a basic with WiFi everywhere. Just ask the front desk for the login ID and password. Each room allows just 3 simultaneous connected devices, so if you need more, ask the front desk. Good breakfast buffet that can make you overeat. Yes, the food's very tasty. Very friendly staff, nice ambiance, I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Check with the front desk for the WiFi login ID and password.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Jakarta
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We conducted a meeting for our company at Santika, the participants were coming from all over Indonesia, so we had to choose a very accessible hotel. We choosed the Santika Jogya because of its location and also Santika hotel is very well known for their great service. And yes I agree that all the staffs were really friendly and helpfull.

The ballroom we used was ok, although looks old. But the food were yummy. We paid for the full board meeting package, meaning 2 times coffee break, lunch and dinner, all the food were tasty! Recommended.

My complaint is for the room, it looks very tired. And also the gym! Never ever try it! The night before I stayed at Novotel Jogja and also tried the fitness center there. Novotel fitness center was really a modern one, while Santika's still use fitness equipment from the 90's.

Overall we had a teriific meeting and also good food. But next time I will choose for a more modern hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We came to Yogyakarta and stayed as couple for 2 nights. We decided to chose Santika because most hotels near Malioboro area were fully booked, The staff at resceiption was nice the only that made up upset was we booked for deluxe double room as we're couple, but they just only had twin deluxe. We could accept that becausenwe booked the room online via agoda site just on the same day ..just only ONE HOUR before we arrived and checked in.. so it's understandable when most hotels in the area are fully booked or just didn't have the quality and class of room we wanted to stay. We just wanted to be around down town and this hotel is really well located.. We could have just got around the city by three wheels traditional becak .. but we enjoyed so much our walk to get around the city, to walk along the train station, malioboro street even got the Taman Sari and Sultan Palace by feet... really nice location to be in down town and enjoy the friendly javanese atmosphere in the evening even until midnight and we felt safe and secured to get around in the area. The breakfast was good, many selections of indonesian dishes and standard continental breakfast..but you have to try the special yogyakartan/javanese dishes here, The bathroom was also fine and clean. So far.. we felt happy and comfortable to spend our 2 nights here..except for the twin bed room (which we wanted to get room with double bed) So we cannot say this hotel is perfect for honeymooners or couples.. but this hotel can be great for family vacations! :)

Room Tip: just don't book the room too late or you can't get the type of bed you want.. book the room...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I was traveling with a friend of mine and it was a kind of last minute trip so we didn't really arrange our agenda and so on. However, very helpful and friendly staff assisted us to arrange a tour to Borbodur and other activities for our weekend gateway!
Hotel room was very clean and comfortable, hotel has a nice pool and very very good breakfast! Wide verity and fresh food! Hotel is beautiful and has local touch in design, moreover, for the evening they have life music and lovely atmosphere!
My friend and I had amazing time staying at Santika hotel because people, who work there care about their guests the most! We will definitely come back!

Room Tip: We had standard room and it was good enough to enjoy the stay
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends