“Not a bad choice in a forgettable city...”

Hotel Santika Premiere Jogja
Ranked #19 of 200 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Monument, Colorado
“Not a bad choice in a forgettable city...”
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I have to temper my review by stating that I don't care for Yogyakarta at all. I have been to over 32 different countries, countless cities, and Yogya is one of my least favorite spots. That being said, a trip to Yogya is necessary to see Prambanan Temple, which was spectacular.

I recommend staying at the Hotel Puri Asri (about 1 hour away from Yogya) when you go to visit Boroubudur Temple, which is even better than Prambanan.

The Hotel Santika was nice compared to the surrounding city, and it had a nice pool, decent breakfast, clean facilities, and some safe dining options around it.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Monument, Colorado
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 June 2010

All employees serve guests with hospitality from their hearts is the most what we need as guest. They have done it best.
We became regular guest back since 2001. Leisure or work we always stayed in this hotel.
The healthy food with no MSG served are great. Long staying there would be offered different menu for breakfast to avoid boredom. Breakfast is still the best compared to other hotels there in Jogjakarta. I am not the only one to say this. I have done my research.
Keep up the good work.
It does not have to be four star or five star to get your guests.... just keep the heartiest hospitality.... the guests will always come back.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank ArietteAT
Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I stayed at Santika Yogya for 3 nights. Booked one single room with twin bed. The room was clean, but my wife noticed some dark smears on the pillow cases. No problem, the next day I asked for a replacement and got them. Room feels a bit old but has been renovated a bit. At first we got the room overlooking the Sudirman street. The view is okay, but the noise coming from the road is quite annoying so we asked to move to another room. Again, no problem, the friendly staffs asked us to pack our suitcases and they delivered them to our new room.

What I like:
+ Friendly staffs
+ Good quality breakfast
+ Good value (bought a hotel voucher from a travel agent)
+ Excellent service
+ Location is only 10 minutes away from Malioboro
+ Flat panel TV

What I don't like:
- Room feels a bit drab
- Noise from the street can be heard inside the room

1 Thank komedol
Singapore
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I stayed for the first time at Hotel Santika Premiere Jogja on friends recommendations. The hotel is not too big but strategically located. My room was comfortable, very clean and had an awesome view on the volcano. The foods at the restaurant are superb, delicious and well prepared. The staffs are efficient, helpful and genuinely friendly in a courteous way. They make the hotel atmosphere alive and warm and enjoyable to stay.

Hotel facilities are good, including free wi fi for internet, which is very important for travelers considering that internet is the easiest way to communicate with their families. This hotel even has their fleet of becaks with Hotel Santika letters painted on it which give a safe feeling to guests who’d like to use their service for a city tour.

Over all, this is an excellent hotel and I think that Santika Premiere is one of the finest hotels in Jogja. I definitely will stay in this hotel again in the future and I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Jakarta
Reviewed 1 April 2010

This hotel is situated strategically in the center of Yogyakarta, not far from many of its main attraction. It also provides convenient access to the many cultural points of interests of the city.
The service is excellent, with attentive staff and other services. The food and beverage service is first rate.

• Stayed February 2010
noumea
Reviewed 26 March 2010

Having been to Yogyakarta before for only a brief stay, we decided to stop off for a longer stay and rest on our way to Bali. We choose Hotel Santika Premiere Jogja, Yogyakarta as it looked the best from the ones on offer by our Travel Agent.
The Hotel, staff and restaurants were simply superb, the rooms felt larger than normal, with very high quality decor, the staff provided a service of the highest standard and with excellent restaurants and food available made for a tremedous stay in this beautiful city.
The Hotel was so good, we decided we would still stay at Hotel Santika Jogja, next time.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family