“Good service and location”

Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta
Ranked #16 of 202 Hotels in Yogyakarta
“Good service and location”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stay in peak season on Lebaran period, services is good and location is very close to Tugu Railstation. Minor was only in breakfast service which bit slow and less space but acceptable as it was in high occupancy period.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
GrandZuri2013, General Manager at Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Eeyee F,

Greeting from Hotel Grand Zuri Malioboro Jogjakarta

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback through our global partner Tripadvisor. On behalf of the management and entire staff we as your apology for the inconvenience situation specially for space of our restaurant.

I had shared your feedback as our review on daily morning briefing with all department head concern to delivery a better service in the future as our text line is "we know how to pleased you"

Let me know when you are coming back again and we wish to welcoming back and assist you better again.

Alit Nurwanto I General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
Lviv, Ukraine
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just spent a couple of nights in this hotel. As expected was modern, clean, and a good place to rest. A new / recently refurbished hotel with all the usual mod cons, although a 10 minute walk from the main shopping road and further from other town centre sights. Not a major problem though. As all these modern hotel chains tend to be it lacked real 'culture' but as a place to lay your head and enjoy 'western' standards it was great and would certainly use again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
GrandZuri2013, General Manager at Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Cirsus,

Greeting from Hotel Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay experienced and found the time to enjoy all aspects including our location and western food production.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed for 2 nights and found the quirky design of the hotel not impeding on the service offered. Typical friendly Indonesian hospitality, a short walk from famous Malioboro, and concierge/front office staff that went out of their way to help make your stay memorable. Becak vehicles are readily available for the quaint Javanese experience of getting around on person-power, but please make sure to pay them well because they are a dying breed.

The waiting/lobby area may not be for everyone because the sitting are is literally wooden stumps. The colourful bird cages hanging from the ceiling remind you that you're in a different kind of hotel, but thankfully the familiar amenities and services are all there. Street vendors and restaurants are available close by. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: No other high rises around the hotel so view is vast though dull.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank MrPenyiar .
GrandZuri2013, General Manager at Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Mr.Penyiar,

Greeting from Hotel Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta...

On behalf of management and entire staff we would like to thank for your taking a feedback through our global partner tripadvisor.

Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta perfectly located in the heart of Yogyakarta’s bustling Malioboro Road and the city’s icon Tugu Monument, designed for both business and leisure travelers.

We would be happy to serving you back again

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

i stayed there for 3 night and it was a good experience for me. the location is good, only ten minutes walk to malioboro . the staffs are friendly..
love the bfast time because the food tasted good. the room is clean enough and simple..
unfortunately they couldn't give me a late
check out, whereas my flight was at 4 p.m, they told me that all room are fully booked. :(

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rerin V
GrandZuri2013, General Manager at Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Ms. Rerin,

Warmest greeting from Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta...

Many thank for taking your valuable time to share with us your experience at Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta.

I do note one point that you have reviewed during your stay with us regarding late check out request are not allowed.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. Once again thank you for your constructive comments. This will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests.

Daejeon, South Korea
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel during my business trip in June 2014. This hotel has strategic location as it's very close to Tugu Station, and only 200meter away from the famous Malioboro Street. As for those who fancy culinary experience, "Warung Angkringan" is present no more than 300meters. On both left and right side also abundance with options to eat.

When we arrived, our room smell weird, and I noticed that it's due to the -quite- smelly water in the bathroom. However, this is still acceptable and we enjoy our good night quality sleep .

Breakfast selection was so-so, the menu variety was limited and the taste is not so special. You must try the Gudeg section as it's quite delicious.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Warmest greeting from Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta....

I am very pleased to read that overall you are accept our product during your recent stay in Hotel Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta, especially our spacious room, breakfast corner "gudeg", warm staffs and our strategic location as well.

I do note some point from you as we should improve the quality of food and water quality in the room

Anyway, thank you for your constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Good location because near to Malioboro
Easy to access from Tugu Malioboro

Warm staff's even though we come in high season
Breakfast, restaurant, food and beverages is good

Big room for the standard hotel and price is ok ... i think is cheaper for the hotel with the good services ...

We will back again to this hotel for stay longer than before ...

Room Tip: All rooms are good i think
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Warmest greeting from Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta....

I am very pleased to read that overall you are highly impressed with the quality of stay at Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta, especially our restaurant, nice staffs and the most outstanding our strategic location as well.

Thank you for your constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests.

Let me know and we wish to welcoming you back again

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I know this brand quite well and by chance i has experience stay during my visit to Jogja in the last month. I spent 1 night stay there before i have had another hotel in other place.
Good hotel, great offer, good location and easy to walk down to the hot spot or iconic of Jogjakarta. Tugu Monument its only few steps from hotel whereas the Malioboro street, the legendary street of Jogja is 10 minutes walks.

The Hotel itself is clean, nice interior in the room and look brand new:-)
Food was good and even not much vary but overall look good and satisfy...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr Yoyok,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Zuri Malioboro Yogyakarta...

Many thank for your great feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

It’s a pleasure to know that overall you are satisfied with our product and services, especially our prime location, good breakfast and our staff handling as well.

Thank you once again for your constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests.

Let me know when you will coming back again and I will assist your personally