“Expensive but worth checking out at least once”
Review of Pecel Solo Resto

Pecel Solo Resto
Ranked #78 of 1,154 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Price range: US$1 - US$3
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Treasuring The Past
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“Expensive but worth checking out at least once”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

The restaurant is actually pretty huge - with a variety of seating available. I chose to sit on the bed-like lesehan but I would recommend sitting in the bistro style (facing the wall) area near the cashier for the best cultural experience.

Pecel Solo doesn't just have pecel. There are several signature dishes that I would recommend you try instead of the pecel. (For me, pecel is something that more or less tastes the same no matter where you eat it from - the only thing that matters is the freshness of the vegetables used). For this visit, I tried the kebuli. Very delicious.

I wanted to order the tumpeng but the 333k price tag put me off. Maybe I'll get it when I go with a group of friends.

They also have shisha until 10pm for those that like to puff on that stuff.

Oh, and don't forget to grab a pack of spicy caramel peanuts when you're paying your bill at the cashier. They're absolutely delectable.

Will I go to Pecel Solo again? You bet I will.

• Visited December 2012

• Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great Traditional food”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

The restaurant was built from an old Javanese wooden house, with antique wooden interior and old timber furnitures. there was a life traditional music played near the entrance, as I entered the restaurant I felt like I was in an old time Javanese place.

The traditional pecel food with red rice and peanut sauce was great. not only pecel, but they also serve a wide range of other traditional foods. very worth to try

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank AdeAngkasa
Perth, Australia
“The foods are vary, the taste are good”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

The restaurant places near our hotel in Hyatt, just walking distance for nice lunch. They display all the food at the table, make us even more hungry and drooling. The pecel is nice, but I like the 'accessories' most! There are lots of variety of javanese foods and drinks, with good price and traditional good taste.

Visited December 2011
Melbourne,Australia
“this is good resto compare to bale raos”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

delicious and very good price.The place is clean and near Hyatt hotel.
we order garang asem really good,the fried chicken also good,the wader is very very reccomended,also terik aswell

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Tsa_RyszardMom
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Very interesting restaurant!”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Typical Solo food! A lot of vegetables - some raw but very tasty! But the decoration of the restaurant is very unqiue. It has a typical Solo old house feeling. Great place!

Visited June 2012