“Solo good!”

Price range: US$1 - US$3
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Treasuring The Past
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Authentic Indonesian food and ambience – loved the experience! Locals and other Indonesians from other states come here so you know you're in for something real AND good. The "bed-tables" are brilliant – saw families with young kids reclining, chatting and enjoying their food. Best way to appreciate the delicious meal is to eat with your hands. Went as a group of four and ordered different rice sets to share. The tempeh here is awesome, as are the local drinks.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Reccommended by some of my friends, finally we tried this resto. Located just next to Hyatt regency where we stayed. Standard Pecel there is just 7 kind of veggies with peanut sauce. We can add more side dish to our pecel to make it even yummy. As I like Pecel, I found this Pecel was delicious. My family also liked it. The place is unique with the cow bells hang every where. When we entered the resto, the gamelan was played, and you could see many dishes displayed where you were welcomed to choose. Spacey resto, Choose the outside seat if you want to feel the wind breeze, nice and relaxing. I don't like too sweet food like what mostly Jogja resto offer, and this pecel Solo taste suited me well. If I ever come to Jogja again, I will definitely come back to Pecel Solo.

1  Thank a_iswary
Reviewed 22 December 2012

The restaurant is actually pretty huge - with a variety of seating available. I chose to sit on the bed-like lesehan but I would recommend sitting in the bistro style (facing the wall) area near the cashier for the best cultural experience.

Pecel Solo doesn't just have pecel. There are several signature dishes that I would recommend you try instead of the pecel. (For me, pecel is something that more or less tastes the same no matter where you eat it from - the only thing that matters is the freshness of the vegetables used). For this visit, I tried the kebuli. Very delicious.

I wanted to order the tumpeng but the 333k price tag put me off. Maybe I'll get it when I go with a group of friends.

They also have shisha until 10pm for those that like to puff on that stuff.

Oh, and don't forget to grab a pack of spicy caramel peanuts when you're paying your bill at the cashier. They're absolutely delectable.

Will I go to Pecel Solo again? You bet I will.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

The restaurant was built from an old Javanese wooden house, with antique wooden interior and old timber furnitures. there was a life traditional music played near the entrance, as I entered the restaurant I felt like I was in an old time Javanese place.

The traditional pecel food with red rice and peanut sauce was great. not only pecel, but they also serve a wide range of other traditional foods. very worth to try

1  Thank AdeAngkasa
Reviewed 10 September 2012

The restaurant places near our hotel in Hyatt, just walking distance for nice lunch. They display all the food at the table, make us even more hungry and drooling. The pecel is nice, but I like the 'accessories' most! There are lots of variety of javanese foods and drinks, with good price and traditional good taste.