“Indonesian foods and Javanism Decoration is very exotic place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pecel Solo Resto

Pecel Solo Resto
Ranked #88 of 1,101 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Price range: US$1 - US$3
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Treasuring The Past
“Indonesian foods and Javanism Decoration is very exotic place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I tried brongkos, the food that i can not find in another place. Jogyakarta only (you must try). But the price is a little high in Jogya. Because life in Jogya is very cheap. That place is not to far from Tentrem Hotel. So many tourist came there. If u want to eat pecel and another indonesian foods u can find at this place

• Visited August 2013

• Indonesian first
Kent, Washington
“Deserving of it's fame”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Fresh, delicious pecel! Many items to choose from. Beautiful setting. Delightful staff. The real deal. If you have the opportunity to have a meal here, you will really enjoy it!

• Visited July 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Solo good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Authentic Indonesian food and ambience – loved the experience! Locals and other Indonesians from other states come here so you know you're in for something real AND good. The "bed-tables" are brilliant – saw families with young kids reclining, chatting and enjoying their food. Best way to appreciate the delicious meal is to eat with your hands. Went as a group of four and ordered different rice sets to share. The tempeh here is awesome, as are the local drinks.

Visited June 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Solo food in Jogja, why not..?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Reccommended by some of my friends, finally we tried this resto. Located just next to Hyatt regency where we stayed. Standard Pecel there is just 7 kind of veggies with peanut sauce. We can add more side dish to our pecel to make it even yummy. As I like Pecel, I found this Pecel was delicious. My family also liked it. The place is unique with the cow bells hang every where. When we entered the resto, the gamelan was played, and you could see many dishes displayed where you were welcomed to choose. Spacey resto, Choose the outside seat if you want to feel the wind breeze, nice and relaxing. I don't like too sweet food like what mostly Jogja resto offer, and this pecel Solo taste suited me well. If I ever come to Jogja again, I will definitely come back to Pecel Solo.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank a_iswary
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“Expensive but worth checking out at least once”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

The restaurant is actually pretty huge - with a variety of seating available. I chose to sit on the bed-like lesehan but I would recommend sitting in the bistro style (facing the wall) area near the cashier for the best cultural experience.

Pecel Solo doesn't just have pecel. There are several signature dishes that I would recommend you try instead of the pecel. (For me, pecel is something that more or less tastes the same no matter where you eat it from - the only thing that matters is the freshness of the vegetables used). For this visit, I tried the kebuli. Very delicious.

I wanted to order the tumpeng but the 333k price tag put me off. Maybe I'll get it when I go with a group of friends.

They also have shisha until 10pm for those that like to puff on that stuff.

Oh, and don't forget to grab a pack of spicy caramel peanuts when you're paying your bill at the cashier. They're absolutely delectable.

Will I go to Pecel Solo again? You bet I will.

• Visited December 2012