Free cancellation until 21/07
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat viewthe ownerthe busrice terraceslovely outdoor restaurantdeluxe queen roomsesame seedsfood served in the restaurantcentral areahot waterwould stay here againfried bananaclean roomschicken currysusanreginamanila
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I went there around 7 am
Ask the front desk if they have an available room
Jocelyn (at the front desk) ask me what type of room I want and for how many persons.
I answered, i want a private room with t/b and I am alone.
She answered back, we don't have any available room of that type.
What we have available is a dorm type room.
And so I said, ok that's fine.
But apparently she cannot take me to the room because it's too early and there's 2 guest who are still sleeping and we don't want to disturb the guest.
Ok I said, I'll come back later and check the rooms if it's ok to do so.
But before I left, I informed her that I am 100% sure that I will stay there for a night or 2, depending on the weather, and I am willing to pay in advance just to make sure that I will have a bed space just in case.
After a COUPLE OF HOURS (almost 2pm). I went back, and ask her in a polite manner if it's then ok for me to check in.
I was shocked when she said "if you can't wait, just GO to other inn/lodge".
Is that how to treat a LOCAL guest because 2 other foreign guest were still sleeping inside a SHARED room?

They do have a very helpful staff, but IMO only to those who have $£€¥ and not PhP.
It's a shame.

Dorm type room has its own t/b. With working flushing toilet.
No hot shower.
Pillow was like a rolled newspaper.
No bathroom tissue.
Room 15 has a louvre type wall on one side, although it's a good design because it allows the cold air to circulate, but bad design because you can hear everything from the outside.

And to those who are planning to stay here, please be considerate to others, especially when you are taking the stairs. Try to avoid making too much noise.

I hope the owner or whoever is in charge of this particular lodge may read this.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank weekendriver
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. It rained for 2 days. There was no ATM so bring enough money although US dollars can be changed and the hotel accepts US dollars and Euros in payment (I think). This is a small town. I WAS ABSOLUTELY CAPTIVATED. First there are some amazing hikes to be done and fantastic scenery. The hotel has an ace restaurant, amazingly helpful owners and a breathtaking view from the restaurant. They can put you in touch with the terrific guide called Derek? The rooms are really cute. They also have free wifi. Just take a break for a few days and stop here. The owners can also provide information about flights to Manila which avoids the need for a 10 hour bus trip.

Room Tip: Any room is good. I had 4. Ask for that.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We spent only 1 night at Sanafe, but the staff was super helpful.

It is right in the middle of the small town of Banaue, next to bakeries, small shops and the tourism office, and a staircase away from the bus station.

On the following day we went hiking to Batad, and we were supposed to take the night bus to Manila, and at Sanafe they let us not only leave our luggage for the whole day, but also offered us to take a shower after our hike (we only had to pay 20p for clean towels) and before we left for the bus.

The light went out at some point (as it often happens in the Philippines) and they were ready with candles and torchlights, which we could also take into the bathroom with us.

There is free Wi-Fi in the restaurant, very good if you have to plan your trip for the following days.

The food is also very good at Sanafe, and prices low. The terrace makes it all even better. The typhoon was around when we visited, so we were having dinner in the terrace when the fog came and covered everything, the hills, the rice fields, making it a very special experience.

The rooms are clean and comfortable, the beds are huge, the mosquito nets on the windows are a blessing, and the hot water in the bathroom was a nice plus. The shower was far from the toilet (which is not often the case in the Philippines), also a very nice plus.

Only downside for me was the huge pillow, which was not optimal for my neck, but this is very personal, my friends slept like babies.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank nini_it
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

The service in Sanafe Lodge was outstanding, they are fast, friendly and do everything they can! The food is much better than in all the other places in Banaue and the few from the balcony is just stunning!
We had a beautiful time in Banaue and we will definitely try to come back!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed only one night, but we liked the place. Right in the middle of town, close to the market and everything else. Clean, confortable with a good restaurant with a big terrace, it is definitly a plus . The owner is friendly and the staff good. Eventhough you can find many guides in town, we arranged our 3-day trek thru Cambulo-Batad-Bagaan with Harriet and Darwin (text at 0908 387 4693). This couple lives in Batad and farm their own rice terrace when they're not guiding. Both Harriet or Darwin were recommanded by friends, and either one provides excellent sevice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple