All reviews the owner great view the bus rice terraces lovely outdoor restaurant deluxe queen room sesame seeds food served in the restaurant central area hot water place to stay fried banana clean rooms susan regina manila terminal
Reviewed 21 April 2016

This is a quaint inn and reasonably cheap. The rooms are comfortable with lovely views of the rice terraces. The only downside is there are no electricity sockets in any of the rooms and you have to go downstairs to the cafe to charge ur devices. The cafe downstairs is quaint and lovely and has an outdoor area overlooking a lovely view. This city often had no electricity during the night hours but after a couple of days I got used to it.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2016

We had three nights here and would recommend this place. We had one of the rooms with a view. It was quite basic but the bed was comfortable and the shower was good with plenty of hot water. Maybe most people don't stay long enough to unpack but no wardrobe or cupboard so we couldn't. Sanafe lodge itself is quiet at night but the noise from the valley at night is incredible. Cicadas, bullfrogs and dogs all in competition as to who can make the most noise and then of course the cockerels. If like me you are a light sleeper then you definitely need earplugs. The staff were lovely and a special mention for Joy on reception. We ate several times in the restaurant and the food was very good. We highly recommend Regine, our guide to Batad and the Hot Springs. She was incredibly knowledgeable and cared passionately about the environment.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

Before heading to Batad we were led here for breakfast. We ordered a filipino breakfast and it came out pretty good. We had lunch here again after arriving from Batad and we had another tasty food. I recommend this place to everyone. The view of the town from the restaurant is quite nice too.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Susan P, Owner at Sanafe Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2016

Thank you for your review and recommendation, AmaljaP. I'm glad you liked our food.

Safe travels wherever you are.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

Came here on an evening when there was a power cut in the town. They had their own generator so continued to cook which was a real bonus as everywhere else had shut. However they were clearly struggling to get food out, we both had the chicken curry. It was at best average with not a lot of flavour, even with the problems I would have expected better.

Maybe I'm being harsh but it is a fair and balanced view based on our experience.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Susan P, Owner at Sanafe Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

Thank you for your review Clive. How can we go wrong with chicken curry? Let me investigate on this matter as I was not around when this happened.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

Sanafe Lodge... this place was the first place we stayed when we arrived up North of the Philippines to see the rice lands. The only word that comes to me about the place is WOWWWW. The view of the balcony you go for breakfast or just to take your coffee is just breath taking! I pinched myself several times to make sure it was not a dream lol. We also met the owner who is a really nice lady and all the staff working there are really nice people. I strongly suggest this place if you are going to Banaue

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Susan P, Owner at Sanafe Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2016

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Safe travels!