See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 April 2017

What I appreciated about Halfway Lodge is their free trip from the bus terminal to the lodge. There was a guy who'd call out to people asking where they would stay. It also seems like Halfway Lodge is the place where people meet their tour guides after getting off the bus. It gets busy in the veranda every morning with tourists and guides.

Just like any other lodgings in Banaue, there is nothing fanciful about the building. Banaue is a simple town and so they don't really make a big fuss about their inns' design. Halfway Lodge has their restaurant on the first floor, but they also have tables on their veranda (2nd floor), so you can eat there too.

My friend and I checked-in at 2 rooms. My friend had the basement room, while I had the room on the 2nd floor. His room was wide and spacious, and it also had electrical outlets. Mine was smaller and didn't have any electrical outlets. His room had the view of the outside, while I had view of the veranda. The bathroom was spacious enough, and they did provide an electrical heater attached to the shower head, so at least that was fine.

The staff was polite and courteous. You could ask to pre-order your breakfast (the night before) so that there is no waiting time in the morning. The food is simple but it's okay.

I can't say for all lodgings in Banaue, but the Halfway Lodge does have a curfew. You are required to be in the hotel before 10pm. There's probably nothing interesting going on outside at 10pm but I'm just not used to a lodging locking up at 10pm.

Overall, my stay in Halfway Lodge was fine. If you are on a budget and would love a taste of Banaue, I believe Halfway Lodge can offer you a comfortable place to sleep in after a tiring day of hiking and trekking.

Room Tip: Choose the one in the basement, it's very spacious and has electrical outlet.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2017

There is not a luxury hotel in Banaue. It is a backpacker village. The Halfway Lodge is clean and conveniently located in this mountain village. The staff is very helpful with tours and transportation.

Room Tip: Private or shared bathrooms are available
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed at Halfway for one night - in a room with two single beds and shared bathroom. It was okay. We also had breakfast there twice and dinner once and the food was totally okay. If your expectations aren't super-high and you're on a budget it's a good place to stay for a night or two.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed here one night. Cons: The room was tiny and beyond basic, no power outlets in the room. There was no toilet paper in bathrooms, but charged you to buy a roll at reception. Bathroom looked like they hadn't been washed for a month! In my experience checkout is usually 10am, when we were leaving for breakfast in the morning they informed us that checkout was at 9am which wasn't indicated anywhere in the room. I would never recommend this place!

Pros: the owners were kind

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

The staff here are so nice and offers a great service, we felt so welcome here. They are always ready to help, guide or just talk. The food is cheap and their chocolate pancake is amazing. The view over the city and the mountains are so pretty, and goes great with breakfast and a cup of tea. They have wifi in the restaurant and the guesthouse is located close to stores, ATM etc. I would really recommend this when staying in Banaue!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple