Banaue Homestay
  • Breakfast included
Mango Suites(Santiago City)
US$44
US$38
3K Hotel by Zen(Santiago City)
US$32
Agoda.com
Isabela Zen Hotel(Santiago City)
US$34
US$56
US$53
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Star Hotel and GT Hall(Santiago City)
Oryza Hotel(Santiago City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshome away from homethe busrice terracesthe ownerguest housegreat viewhome stayother guestsprivate bathroomrooms are basicfeel right at homespent two nightsdays tripday hikinghot showerhot springsbreakfast and dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I coordinated my stay with Bea via email just a couple days prior to my arrival. From the get-go I was impressed. Bea responded quickly and even offered helpful tips about the bus ride from Manila (be warned: it's horrifically cold). Within 30 minutes of my arrival I was sitting on the Homestay terrace eating a hot breakfast and trying to comprehend the view.

The Homestay has it all: unbeatable hospitality, a million-dollar view, unmatched cleanliness, comfortable beds, tasty food, a great location, interesting and fun company, HOT water(!), and a backpacker pricetag. I opted for a room with a terrace view, a decision I consider one of my better life choices. Follow my lead, the view is stunning. If the view rooms are occupied however, don't feel too sad, the main floor/restaurant terrace is a short walk downstairs.

Bea set me up with local guide, Jun, who took me to the three UNESCO Word Heritage Site rice terraces over 3 days. His tour was fun, educational, and flexible. I had the best time, try and arrange a tour with him if you get the chance.

Overall the Homestay is a 5/5 for me. It really was the best place I stayed during my three weeks in the Philippines, thanks Bea, Rebecca, and Jun!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Matt R
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The location of this homestay is good (almost in the center of the town proper), and the view from the window is a beautiful scenery! The lady who run this business is very accommodating and friendly. I would love to stay in this place again if ever I'll be visiting Banaue again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Letzkhie
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful 2 night stay at Banaue homestay. The homestay is only small, the service is very friendly and welcoming, we felt very well looked after.
The views from the terrace are beautiful, a perfect spot for breakfast, we also had the same view from our room, lovely to wake up to. Our room was basic but very clean, cosy and good value. The shared bathrooms were very clean.
The food was great and inexpensive. There is good wifi in the restaurant.
The owner organised a day trip hiking in the rice terraces and also booked our onward travel to Sagada, she was very helpful.
Overall we had a lovely stay and would highly recommend

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Hollies2010
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have coordinated with Ms. Bea about our arrival and have communicated with her the whole time we travelled. It was nice to have been told how cold it would be on the bus. And then when we got there, it was nice to have been welcomed by Marwin as soon as we got out of the bus. Banaue Homestay was very nice. The staff and of course, Bea, was very accommodating! It was a wonderful stay. Samson was also good to us as we toured around the area. Food was good and inexpensive. The house was clean and well kept.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms overlooking the rice terraces...just really nice!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 011315
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed 2 nights, my 2 daughters and me in Banaue Homestay. It's simple, only 5 rooms, shared WC and bathrooms but a room (hot shower nevertheless), but Bea and her staff are so welcoming and ready to help you, that it's definively the place to stay in Banaue. Ask a room with view on rice terraces, and you'll get up with a As part of many services done by Bea: booking Jeepney to reach the junction to Batad, booking bus tickets to go back to Manila, booking hotel in Sagada, finding a guide to walk in rice terraces around Banaue, keeping our luggage during our 3 day return trip to Segada, and calling the driver of the van where my daughter lost her sunglasses ! Better than concierge service in 5 star hotel, and Bea's smile as well as that !
If you can, take one of 3 rooms with view on rice terraces and you'll wake up with an awesome view, believe me!
Don't be surprised not to find Homestay in guides like Lonely, the hotel was opened only 2 years ago.
Don't change Bea and thanks again to welcome us as you did.

Room Tip: If possible, don.t choose the room with private bathroom without view, and ask for one of 3 rooms with view of rice terraces. Anyway, there is 2 WC/Bathrooms for 4 rooms, it's enough.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family