Banaue Homestay
US$51
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Star Hotel and GT Hall(Santiago City)
Mango Suites(Santiago City)
TripAdvisor
3K Hotel by Zen(Santiago City)
TripAdvisor
Isabela Zen Hotel(Santiago City)
Oryza Hotel(Santiago City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshome away from homethe busrice terracesthe ownerguest housegreat viewhome stayother guestsprivate bathroomrooms are basicfeel right at homespent two nightsdays tripday hikinghot showerhot springsbreakfast and dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed for one night on Sep 10th with Bea and her family! It was fun and we really enjoyed their attitudes toward their guests. It felt like home. Nothing fancy just unpretentious friendship. Food was very good and the place was very clean even if we shared with bathrooms. There was plenty of spring water to enjoy its coolness. Bea arranged for our Sagada and Batad excursions and they were great choices. We will surely go back and maybe do some other excursions around the area. I will highly recommend this place to all of my friends. We arrived as strangers but left as good friends! Thank you very very much!

Room Tip: Our room was facing the Banaue rice terraces so, we woke up looking at the beautiful scenery!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank PAPAKO
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I coordinated my stay with Bea via email just a couple days prior to my arrival. From the get-go I was impressed. Bea responded quickly and even offered helpful tips about the bus ride from Manila (be warned: it's horrifically cold). Within 30 minutes of my arrival I was sitting on the Homestay terrace eating a hot breakfast and trying to comprehend the view.

The Homestay has it all: unbeatable hospitality, a million-dollar view, unmatched cleanliness, comfortable beds, tasty food, a great location, interesting and fun company, HOT water(!), and a backpacker pricetag. I opted for a room with a terrace view, a decision I consider one of my better life choices. Follow my lead, the view is stunning. If the view rooms are occupied however, don't feel too sad, the main floor/restaurant terrace is a short walk downstairs.

Bea set me up with local guide, Jun, who took me to the three UNESCO Word Heritage Site rice terraces over 3 days. His tour was fun, educational, and flexible. I had the best time, try and arrange a tour with him if you get the chance.

Overall the Homestay is a 5/5 for me. It really was the best place I stayed during my three weeks in the Philippines, thanks Bea, Rebecca, and Jun!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Matt R
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The location of this homestay is good (almost in the center of the town proper), and the view from the window is a beautiful scenery! The lady who run this business is very accommodating and friendly. I would love to stay in this place again if ever I'll be visiting Banaue again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Letzkhie
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful 2 night stay at Banaue homestay. The homestay is only small, the service is very friendly and welcoming, we felt very well looked after.
The views from the terrace are beautiful, a perfect spot for breakfast, we also had the same view from our room, lovely to wake up to. Our room was basic but very clean, cosy and good value. The shared bathrooms were very clean.
The food was great and inexpensive. There is good wifi in the restaurant.
The owner organised a day trip hiking in the rice terraces and also booked our onward travel to Sagada, she was very helpful.
Overall we had a lovely stay and would highly recommend

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Hollies2010
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have coordinated with Ms. Bea about our arrival and have communicated with her the whole time we travelled. It was nice to have been told how cold it would be on the bus. And then when we got there, it was nice to have been welcomed by Marwin as soon as we got out of the bus. Banaue Homestay was very nice. The staff and of course, Bea, was very accommodating! It was a wonderful stay. Samson was also good to us as we toured around the area. Food was good and inexpensive. The house was clean and well kept.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms overlooking the rice terraces...just really nice!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple