Banaue Homestay
US$36
  • Breakfast included
3K Hotel by Zen(Santiago City)
US$33
Agoda.com
Isabela Zen Hotel(Santiago City)
US$34
US$153
US$65
US$56
  • Breakfast included
Star Hotel and GT Hall(Santiago City)
Mango Suites(Santiago City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshome away from homethe busrice terracesthe ownerguest housegreat viewhome stayother guestsprivate bathroomrooms are basicfeel right at homespent two nightsdays tripday hikinghot showerhot springsbreakfast and dinner
Reviewed 31 December 2013

It was a last minute decision for me to spend New year's Eve in Banaue but it was one I will always fondly remember - mostly because I chose Banaue Homestay. Guests here are treated like members of an extended family, or long-lost friends.

Bea, Jovy and Rebecca made sure I felt comfortable and welcome during my 3-day stay. They have a deep understanding of the hospitality business which goes beyond providing clean rooms, good food, great views, and friendly atmosphere. For the New Year's Eve, I joined them (along with other guests) in the family get together. They shared with us everything on the table. This is Filipino hospitality at its best.

I may have spent New Year's Eve hundreds of miles away from home but because of the warmth they showed me, I felt like I never traveled far.

Thanks you very much Bea and family! :) I'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank callmejames007
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Banaue Homestay has wonderful staff who make guests feel welcome. The property is centrally located, but has no parking for those who come with their own car. The rooms are small but neat and clean; a number of the rooms face the rice terraces. The property only has 5 rooms with 2 shared showers. It takes a while to get hot water; which is manageable. The food is very good. Bea, the manager, is a jewel. She organizes day trips and gives good advice on what to see. We spent 3 nights at the Banaue Homestay and would go back there anytime. This place is great value for money.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces the rice terraces
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eleonora_PH
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Fantastic little home stay in Banaue. Super helpful staff make it feel like a home from home. They gave us coffee when we arrived back soaking wet and cold from a day at the rice terraces - it's the little touches! It's only about 3 mins walk from the main square so very convenient. Hot water sometimes took a while to heat up but other than that no complaints!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank hzanderson
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The property is about 500 metres up the road from where all the buses terminate in Banaue.

I travelled solo to Banaue and stayed in Banaue Homestay for 2 nights and 3 days (was meant to be 3 nights but was caught up in a typhoon and the lovely owner Bea never charged me for that night I was stuck in a bus) As a result I checked in at 3am and yet Bea was very obliging and showed me my room and the facilities even at that unearthly hour. The food was excellent, the room comfortable, the staff super friendly and the views from the balcony are to die for (a panaromic view of the rice terraces) There are 2 bathrooms upstairs to be shared by about 4-5 rooms and an extra bathroom/toilet downstairs if needed.

Bea is well known and respected in town and as a result can get you a reliable and knowledgeable guide to take you around. I highly recommend Denver who was fantastic. He will look after you more than a friend and has a wealth of knowledge. He has a tricycle to take you around and quite good natured. I had a fantastic experience and would not hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rice terraces although most rooms are...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sunil A
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Simply speaking, this hostel is an amazing, cozy place to stay. We stayed there for four days and already after such a short time it felt like home.
Really nice atmosphere, extremely friendly and helpful staff, delicious food:) Every morning with a cup of coffee and an incredible view of the rice terraces was a nice start to the day. It is especially because of this homestay that we enjoyed staying in the philippines so much!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends