Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
Budget Inn(Florence)
Wildwood Inn(Florence)
Rodeway Inn(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscreation museumroom was cleanusual hiefront deskpancake machineplatinum memberyogurtchurch grouptall ceilingsbiscuits and gravylight sleepercinnamon rollshot tubpool area was cleanreward pointsnice hoteltwo queen beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We just stayed at this hotel a few weekends ago as part of a family reunion. It is a somewhat new Holiday Inn Express hotel. However, the room was average. Some family members said they had found hairs all over their sheets and pillows and that was disturbing to me. My issue with our stay was customer service and housekeeping. We checked in a good hour past the allowed check-in time. Our room wasn't ready yet. It appeared the front desk had assigned rooms and pre-printed out all the check-in information for the guests that would be checking in that night. As the afternoon passed, other members of our group were checking in for the same type of room. Their room was available. Two hours later, we continued to watch other family members move into their room while we still waited in limbo. Why weren't we given a room that was available and make someone else who arrived later wait? Eventually, I went to the front desk to see what was the delay. The first employee (a brunette woman) was rude and unwilling to help or give us a new room. She blamed housekeeping without trying to do anything to rectify the situation. I then moved to another employee (blonde woman) who - after a sigh of annoyance - was willing to move us into another room - only after she told me to move to the side so that she could check in the other two people behind me. I'm a Priority Club member & used points for this trip. Very disappointed, but this is exactly why my loyality is with Starwood properties. I should also add that there superior hotels in better locations in the area that cost much less! Also - don't be misled. This hotel is not in Cincinati - it is Kentucky and is about a 25 minute drive from downtown, about 7 miles from Florence, Kentucky.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms have an undesirable view of a seedy Econo motel nearby. Also, request a room away from the elevators. Members of our party complained of elevator traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

The great service started with 2nd shift clerk working with priority rewards people to enable me to redeem reward points to 1st shift clerk bringing a luggage cart to our room rather than just calling as I had asked. The pool was nice sized and breakfast was fine. The room and hotel was updated and clean and until the end, this was the best of the three HI Express hotels we stayed at this week. The good visit was marred when we went to pack up and found ants in our food bag. This was the second time we've stayed here and there were no extra critters in the room when we stayed at Christmas.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Melissa A
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Spent a few nights here on a work assignment and enjoyed my stay. This is a newer property, clean and well kept. My room was a HUGE king suite, I was upgraded for being a Priority Club Platinum member which was nice.

As I said before the room was very spacious, it even had a kitchen table and four chairs in there. The decor was nice and modern, everything was in great condition, had 2 LCD tv's and had a wetbar area with a microwave, fridge and sink.

Bathroom had only a large shower... no tub...which I didn't mind one bit, I really hate hotel bathtubs, no one in their right mind uses those things so I thought it was a good idea to lose them.

Bed was pretty comfortable, the mattress was a "Serta Emerald Suite II".....which is much more plush then the original "Emerald Suite" but not nearly as good as the Serta Presidential Suite which is my favorite mattress.

Wireless Internet was on the slower side at less then 1/2 Mbps but the connection was good and I encountered no issues.

A couple problems with the hotel would be:

A: Road Noise Galore....hotel sits right along side I-75 and gets a TON of road noise, even inside the rooms so if your a light sleeper you may have problems. I personally don't mind road noise that much, I can tune it out most of the time but I have to admit even I was a bit overwhelmed by it as it is constant all day and night, no relief.

A: thin walls inside the hotel, I could hear the folks talking and snoring in the rooms next to me and the guy above me I guess decided to practice tap dancing at 3AM or something because he was stomping for about and hour straight. Again you can hear everything in the hotel that goes on inside and outside.

The hotel gets very busy and the parking lot is small, confining and full every night. Your probably not going to want to be towing a large trailer or boat when you stay here as there just is no room to park. You could probably fit a moving van or Uhaul if you got there early when spots were still available though.

All in all this is a nice hotel with a couple of minor issues. If you are staying at the hotel and traveling to Cinci keep in mind that the traffic going up I-75 in the morning gets pretty heavy so a lot yourself some extra time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Over all it's what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express.The hotel is new and the rooms clean.

Priority members are rarely recognized and given anything at check inn. There is no where it sit out side except a wood bench. Was hoping for a small patio area.

The food at this hotel like all the others is on the bland side, powered eggs, floury sausage gravy, etc...

Room Tip: Rm 211 next to the elevator----Pass. Request room 227 or 229 about in the middle with less doors slamming. 3rd floor has smoking rooms but it's the top floor no one stumping above your ceiling at night/morning.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I normally try to stay in downtown Cincinnati, but there was something going on in town. I couldn't get a room any closer without spending a ridiculous amount. That said, this location is markedly cheaper than other HIE locations. I'm not sure why because this is a nice, new, clean hotel up to the usual HIE standards. Check-in was easy.
My only real complaint is that I booked through Travelocity and was assigned a smoking room. I asked for a non-smoking room and was told at front desk that they don't make any changes to reservations booked through a third-party. This I highly doubt, but I play by the rules, so I went to my smoking room. As a result, when I got home and opened my suitcase, everything smelled like a dirty ashtray.
OTHER MINOR COMPLAINTS: The aforementioned check-in person. ALSO, the breakfast attendant (grumpy) cleared everything away by 9.45 when breakfast was supposed to last until 10. Be aware that the pool is only 5' deep max and much smaller than the photos but also very nice and clean.
I recommend this hotel as a good option for staying a little ways (15- 20 min) outside of Cincinnati. There's nothing much at this exit, but every food option imaginable is available about five minutes north.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family