Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Richwood
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at this Richwood KY. Holiday Inn express & Suites.
Pretty simple sound no brainer, the property is pretty nice.
I was promptly greeted by Nick and welcomed as a IHG member. Within minutes I was on my up to my room.
Walking in I noticed they had a sign welcoming IHG membered guest by name, That is something I have not seen before, nice touch.
The room was clean and comfortable.
The property was also well kept clean and quiet.
I'm just passing through, if I should ever happen be in the area again, I would stay without any reserves.
Easy off and on populated exit.

• Stayed October 2013
hiexpressrichwood, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Hello and Thank you for the kind words. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Nick is he newest member of our staff and has proved to be a great asset. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed in late July 2013 during a weekend trip with another couple and I would not recommend this hotel. First, the trip was booked through another website well in advance requesting a non-smoking room...not once but in two different areas. I couldn't figure out why the front desk clerk was being so overwhelmingly pleasant upon check-in. Then, I figured it quickly figured it out when we arrived to a smoking room. I complained to the manager who said nothing could be done to change the room since the company we booked the room through (ie. Orbitz) would not pay HIE if they changed the reservation in any way. Honestly, how would they know? And, if the room could be changed, why not just do so? To make a long story short, we purchased a ton of Febreze from Walmart and had to wash all our clothes and other belongings when we returned home. It's a shame too. We would have given this room a much better rating for it's decor and breakfast had we been capable of breathing easy during our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Beckie1983
hiexpressrichwood, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Hello Beckie,

Thank you for bring your concerns to our attention. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Unfortunately, your reservation was booked as a smoking room via a 3rd party provider. Due to contractual obligations, any changes made to existing reservations booked thru a 3rd party provider such as Orbitz must be made directly thru them. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Monroe, MI
Reviewed 2 September 2013

On June 24th I reserved Labor Day weekend from Aug. 30-Sept.1st. Two months in advance I requested ground floor since I was traveling with my elderly mother. When we checked in we were given the 3rd floor! I told the desk person that I requested 1st floor and he said "oh well, first come , first serve!" I was told check in was at 4 but the hotel says 3:00. Then, before we even went to our room I had to make an appt. to have the carpet cleaned the next day and I had to be out at noon and the floors would be wet for 3-4 hours. WRONG! The floors stayed wet until Sunday evening and we could not take off our shoes to relax at all. The 3rd floor smelled like it was the smoking floor and I requested non smoking. I don't know if smoking is allowed in KY but I had to sign a paper at the desk saying we would not smoke. Well, someone is because we smelled it every day. Breakfast menu was okay as they offer many items but it doesn't mean whatever is on the menu board when arriving is going to be served. Sausage gravy was only on Saturday and was room temperature as I was the first one served when she brought it out. The one person working the dining room couldn't adequately keep up with the demand of stocking plates, napkins, plasticware, food etc. My mother stayed in the room so I was alone in the dining room wanting to help the employee. Creamer canisters were empty all 3 days I was there so I took the lids off to give the gal a hint they needed refilled. I am gluten free so fortunately there was bananas and yogurt.
The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. We were placed facing the interstate
so needless to say, I had to sleep with earplugs because of the traffic noise. We did not use the pool but the people that did tracked water into the tiled hallway and my mother slipped in front of the elevators where the door is to the pool.
We paid a little over $300 for 3 nights stay and couldn't use our room one entire day the floors were wet. One more thing, my mother is short (4'11") and had an extremely hard time getting into the bed so maybe they should have a little stool available. My family camps at the local state park every year and my elderly mother is unsure if she wants to stay here again. I'm extremely disappointed that even with a 2 month advance reservation, our wishes were not fulfilled. I guess we should have been a walk in instead.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura B
Hello Laura B.

Thank you for bringing up your concerns while staying with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated. As with all hotels, room types are guaranteed. Floor requests, unfortunately, cannot be guaranteed since guests that have already checked in may not be checking out prior to your arrival. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to have you stay with us in the future.
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Walked in without reservation, desk clerk very friendly and knowledgable. Got a room within minutes and at a good price for the area. Rooms very clean,especially rest rooms, and was told carpets were just cleaned and could be damp. They were clean dry and odor free. Would definitely stay again, looking forward to cinnamon role &coffee in the AM

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keith S
Hello Keith S.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again!
Marshall, mi
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I reserved a NON-smoking room and had the paperwork clearly showing what I reserved. They refused to refund my money since their system said smoking. I have seen this tactic before. The hotel accepts the reservation even though they don't have the room available, and change it to smoking, figuring many people will just accept it. Very unethical. The front desk clerk loudly told me he was great at customer service, since management told him he did the right thing. I travel for a living and I can tell you I have never seen a clerk that was more clueless. I can't blame him entirely, since obviously management encourages driving customers away. The funny thing is since hotels were booked, and several people came in or called looking for rooms, he could have easily refunded my money and re-rented the room immediately.

Room Tip: Make sure they don't switch you to a smoking room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank patuper
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear patupe,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the level of service provided during your stay that did not meet your expectations. We would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Salem, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We booked a room through Booking.com for this hotel. When we arrived the room smelled of mildew. The carpet was damp and sticky in places. I asked to have the room changed and we could not be upgraded because we had used Booking.com even though we offered to pay for the upgrade. The only room they would give us was a smoking room. We spent a most unpleasant night.
The picture on the website made the pool look large. It was a tiny pool and the water was very cold.

Room Tip: Room 102 stinks. The carpet needs to be replaced.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pat S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Pat29676,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Clinton, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed 2 nights during the KY Derby weekend. Rooms were very clean, modern, and up to date. The hotel had a small pool and work out area. Free breakfast was also included. Plenty of food was offered to start the day. Very comfortable place to stay if your visiting Cinicinnati or driving down to the Derby.

Room Tip: Nice variety for a continental breakfast
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
hiexpressrichwood, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richwood
Hampton Inn Dry Ridge
#3 of 28 in Florence
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South? Share your experiences!