“Felt Uncomfortable” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Richwood
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Felt Uncomfortable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2005

We used our Priority Club points to stay here for an overnight visit on the way home from Nashville, TN. We thought it would be fun to hang out at the hotel and have the breakfast in the morning, which includes the cinnamon rolls which are usually good. The man at the front desk upon check in was unaware of our reservation and then when I asked about an upgrade to a suite he said he didn't know how to do that. He told me to call the 1-800 phone number and so I did and they were going to upgrade me however the man at the desk wouldn't work with them or me! He didn't understand what was going on and he was a little hard to understand since his English was a bit broken up. This person was not very personable and shouldn't have been at a front desk greeting guests.

I noticed the elevator was dirty with mud on the floor in there. In our rooms the carpet had some stains/burns by the foyer area outside the bathroom and near the bed were cigarette burns and we were in non-smoking. The windows were dusty and dirty on the inside and outside. The view was not at all exciting. There was a pink stain on the box spring of one of the Queen beds. The room felt dirty. There was no back on the remote control where the batteries go.

Then the toilet became clogged and when my husband called to let the front desk know they told him to come down to the front desk and get the equipment (plunger, etc.) to fix it on his own. My husband did then try with a plastic bag to unclog it with his hand! How gross! I got mad and called the front desk back and told the man (same guy) that I wanted someone to come and fix it like maintenance. He said we have no maintenance and you can come get plunger and plunge it 2 times yourself! I told him I was insulted that he wanted a guest to work on the toilet since I was a GUEST of the hotel, not an employee. I asked him what we should do if it floods the bathroom. I asked if he would call maintenance then? He asked what a flood was. I'm telling you his understanding of english was not good. I explained what a flood was and again he kept saying. Come get plunger! My husband got upset and grabbed the phone out of my hands and hung up. Then about 15 min. later the guy came to the room and asked if we still needed the plunger. My husband said no because finally the toilet flushed fine after my husband fixed it! I called 1-800 to register my complaint because at this point I felt that I had wasted my points on this dump.

In the morning, after breakfast, I reminded the lady at the front desk, who was now on duty, that I had requested the 2 p.m. check out for Priority Club members. She said it is 1 p.m. which contradicted what I had been told previously.
Anyway......I told her that we had a number of problems. She said "okay"..... which was a bit rude. Then we ended up checking out at 10:50 a.m. instead of 1 or 2 since we were so angry and also since the toilet, again, became clogged. The toilet was also coming up and tilting off the bathroom floor! I told the lady upon check out that this was the worst Holiday Inn experience that I've had. She became defensive right away stating that I was the one who had the broken toilet last night and that the man on duty had written a note stating that (GET THIS)....he offered to fix the toilet himself!!!! She was calling me a liar!

My friend tried to call me twice about a half hour before check out and ended up calling my cell phone to alert me that no one at the front desk was answering phones and it kept going to call the operator and the Holiday Inn greeting and no one answered and this was at 10:20 a.m. I
told the lady at the desk this as well and she said that my friend couldn't have called because she's been there since 8 a.m and there were no calls for me. Why are they so defensive????? I told the same lady that I didn't appreciate the service and she yelled at me and told me that her manager would see the note from the other employee (the guy from the night before wrote) and that I was wrong! How incredibly rude was this! Anyway, I am trying to resolve this on a corporate level since the manager wasn't there and since this property seems run down and poorly managed! How dare them ask me to repair their toilet!

Don't ever stay here......

• Stayed April 2005
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank Joanie1971

Travellers are raving about these Richwood hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richwood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge
Hampton Inn Dry Ridge
Hampton Inn Dry Ridge
#1 of 4 in Dry Ridge

Been to Motel 6 Walton-Richwood? Share your experiences!