“Adequate motel for good price”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Richwood
St. Louis, MO
“Adequate motel for good price”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We found the Econo Lodge a little worn but clean, easy access from I-75 and within about 25 miles of Cincinnati, basic breakfast, small pool. Service was adequate. At $50 for 2, the price was very good. The odd thing was, to change the reservation and get the same price, we had to rebook for a different room or the price jumped up $5 or $10 a night. Internet price was cheaper than calling the motel directly. For a 4-night stay for a visit to family in nearby Crittenden, it worked out perfectly.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Well maintained, nice color scheme. Big outdoor pool. The staff was nice. The breakfast was mediocre. But, Econo's aren't known for a great breakfast. Clean room.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank gulliver4u
Detroit, MI
Reviewed 17 August 2008

Let me start out by saying that location was very good right at the interstate. It was surrounded by many fast food restuarant. The check-in was quick and the rooms were very clean. It was really nice and quite. I would definetly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank panthers046
Dayton, OH
Reviewed 7 July 2008

We checked in and the FIRST room, the toilet wouldn't flush. They switched my room to a room that the bathroom door wouldn't close all the way and when you got it to close, it wouldn't stay closed. The lamp shades were crushed. The THIRD room had trash under the bed and didn't have the fridge/microwave combo that we requested. The manager showed me a FOURTH room, we were going to just accept it, so we could get on with our vacation, but then the front desk person told me to make sure that my husband didn't smoke in the room since she saw him smoking outside. I REQUESTED a non-smoking room!!! We can follow the rules, thank you very much! That was completely uncalled for and her attitude was unacceptable, especially since we had just moved rooms how many times??? I told them to give me my money back and cancel my reservation. My family and I went down the road and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express!

• Liked — Nothing... asked for a refund!
  • Disliked — the dirty rooms and the unprofessional staff
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Richwood hotels

Portsmouth, OH
Reviewed 27 May 2008

The non-smoking room smelled very strongly of smoke. One of the chairs was broken. When I booked online, I was given the option of a rollaway bed, which I selected. Turns out this location of the hotel chain does not even have rollaway beds.
Front desk clerks were not very friendly.

• Liked — the low price
  • Disliked — smoke smelling room, low water pressure, unfriendly staff
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
Lancaster, New York
Reviewed 11 April 2007

i was looking for a budget stopover for a trip from buffalo NY to huntsville AL, and this place was less than $35 for 1 person on a weeknight. i drove the long ohio stretch, and checked in around 8 to a nice clean room. theres ever a minifridge/microwave combo.

it was such a good experience that i rebooked the same hotel as a stopover on my way back home the following week!

convienent location off I75/I71 south of cincinatti an exit before they split.

and of course i had to drive by "Big Bone Lick State Park" (yes its real)just for a photo and a chuckle

• Liked — cost and location
  • Disliked — other than big bone lick state park, not much else at this exit
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled solo
2 Thank markgasmo
Morton, IL
Reviewed 18 July 2006

The price was right for this family of 4 on a vacation budget. We stayed here 1 night on the way home. The pool was great! The rooms were clean. The air conditioner couldn't keep up with the heat so it was a little warm in the room. Our bathroom door wouldn't shut all the way unless really pushed. The staff wasn't overly friendly. We didn't stay for the free breakfast because it was toast and Little Debbies cakes. The neighborhood didn't seem well kept. Many fast food places, but no family type eating places with decent food.
Overall, it fit our budget and that's about it.

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank Legsfamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richwood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
Hampton Inn Dry Ridge
Hampton Inn Dry Ridge
#1 of 4 in Dry Ridge
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!