Badladz Dive Resort
US$67
Scandi Divers(Puerto Galera)
US$57
  • Beachfront
Badladz Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$41
Lalaguna Villas(Puerto Galera)
US$86
US$63
  • Pool
Oceana Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)
US$54
US$46
Orbitz.com
US$130
US$96
  • Breakfast included
Papa Fred's Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$29
  • Beachfront
De Luna Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$35
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Montani Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$17
  • Pool
All reviewsmuelle pierdive resortmexican foodhotel restaurantaquatic lifeopen water certificationboat captainsea creaturesverde islanddiving spotsrooms are basicdiving coursewhite beach or sabanggiant clamsa great place to stayenjoyed my staytricycle ride
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have a lot of fun when I was there...the people that's working there was really nice and funny...the place is amazing and they surprise us cause it was my mom's birthday...I would go there again if my parents let me go...NICE PLACE TO DIVE ..and amazing food

Room Tip: -be friendly -ask them about things you wanted to know (they are really friendly) -be willing to do the fun stuff
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
BADLADZRESORT, Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hi Chen97,

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to give us feedback, we really value it. So happy to hear you had fun here and I will pass it on to the staff what you said. We hope you enjoyed your Mother's Birthday and we look forward to seeing you guys here again for some nice diving and more amazing food.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Booked here because wanted convenient location to the pier and know it's a quiet area. Had eaten here in the past and didn't expect too much from the rooms. Had several trips to PG area and stayed in various places and would not chose here again as others better and cheaper (even with small discount for 4 nights off season). Booked direct with them and had to pay full amount ahead into their bank. Sadly for us meant we paid for 2 nights ehen we weren't there as we left early due to oncoming typhoon and not wanting to get stranded with no boats running. The manager did not seem to have the power to offer us any refund as a courtesy but we were offered food instead (we chose to decline as our eating experiences here not enjoyable for my taste. Had shakes when we arrived this time- I couldn't drink mine as much to sweet and milky for my taste- it was like a glass of evaporated milk with a teaspoon of mango stirred in, my husband's shake was full of pineapple strings he kept spitting out. Also, in my opinion better and cheaper food close by especially yummy Casa Italia in town where you can share a pizza. Breakfast better for me at Le Bistro and includes a good brewed coffee)
Room- booked a one-bedded room for 2 people- expected a double bed... but although the base double sized the mattress was smaller and terrible- a cramped lumpy mattress! Thankfully we were apologetically and kindly asked to move due to hammering as they did building works. The bigger room was less depressing and interestingly had double mattress on smaller than double base (is this a ploy to make you pay for a bigger room???). Powerful fan and aircon but hot water only worked half the time.
As they invariably are in such a friendly country staff were nice and let us check into our room early.
If you will be out all day, need the convenience and eat and drink in other places (cheaper beer 1 minute along the pier) as well it's okay but not the type of room to enjoy relaxing in.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dabrahall
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Hi Dabrahall ,

Thanks for your honest feedback Dabra , We appreciate both the positive and negative reviews as it lets us know what we need to improve on so we don't have another guest feeling the same way. I know how it feels when I go somewhere and it doesn't meet my expectations and I certainly don't wont a guest here feeling the same way. We always use this as a chance to fix the problems that our guests tell us about.

I'm pleased to hear you found getting here convenient ,It is one of the big benefits for our hotel that we are so easy to find and get to.

I'm sorry to hear that you felt there is better rooms available elsewhere, since you have stayed here we have renovated many of the rooms so we hope they are more to your taste next time.

I apologize for the inconvenience the typhoon brought you and we are working on having a better procedure in place for handling such problems in the future.

To address some of your concerns regarding the food I will start by saying we now ask all our customers who order shakes if they would like added sugar in their shake or not. Everyone's taste buds are different and some people enjoy sweet shakes while others prefer a natural taste and that's fine for us. You can now choose . As for the pineapple problem I think what happened was the pineapple wasn't quite ready yet to be used , sorry for that . We have since talked about it with the staff and we now make sure the fruits are all at their best before using them.

And of course we have no problem with our guests eating elsewhere in Puerto Galera ,everyone's tastes is different and that is what traveling is all about , having new experiences. I myself have recommended guests to go try the pizza in Casa Italia that have a similar price range to our own menu . Since you where here we can now included more European breakfast dishes on our menu so the food will appeal to a wider group such as yourself and freshly brewed coffee is always available here.

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy the mattress , all our mattresses are double sized and while the base may be ever so slightly larger the difference between the base of the bed and mattress is maybe three inches each side and we don't do this as a ploy to make you pay for a bigger room , it was just the way the carpenter built the beds at the time. Also along with our renovations you witnessed when you where here we have replaced a number of mattresses in the rooms.

I understand also you have a problem with the hot water supply , to fix this problem we have added a new large water tank so that we will have far better water pressure from now on.

Thank you again for your honest feedback and it is received positively. I hope that this does not turn you off Badladz forever and you are willing to give us another chance with our new upgrades.

Safe travels :)

Maylen Cooney

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Badladz is a basic hotel, you get your clean bed and shower, that aoout it, but good enough for the price and especially if your are diving and just looking for a place to sleep.
They organize good dives too.
The restaurant is very good

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Hi R_Chubster ,

Thanks for the feedback , we always consider what our past guests are saying so that we can improve for the next guest.

In Badladz you do get a clean bed but you also get a hot and cold shower, together with air conditioning , electric fan and a flat screen cable TV.

We're are glad to hear you enjoyed the diving here, we have so many dive sites to offer people of all different experience levels and we enjoy hearing our guests like the food in our restaurant and soon we will we adding new items to our menu for you to try.

See you back here soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The location couldn't be easier - right on the harbour front just down from the pier where the boats arrive from Batangas. Also it's quiet - very little noise at all and what there was was not too high.

The restaurant food is nice, and the mexican theme is a good one. It isn't that cheap - around 250 PHP or more for the breakfast dishes - which by local standards is at the higher end; although it's not really expensive by wider standards!

Our room was on the first floor, and was a typical local room. Nothing special but nothing bad. Plumbing wasnt perfect - if the room next door are showering then you may have a reduced supply of hot water. Again about normally for the Philippines!

The best bit was when you opened the door, walked a few steps onto the landing and there is the beautiful harbour with it's stunning blue water and few spaced out yachts. The restaurant also overlooks this - which has to be the best bit.

The price is good value though - around PHP 1400 for a night for a double room - which is good for Puerto Galera.

Overall we would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Veloce298 ,

Thanks for the kind review. As always we value your feedback so that we can improve for the next time.

I'm glad to see you like our location , easy to find and quiet also , what more could you ask for.

Happy to see you enjoyed the food here . Our breakfast's start from as low as 125 PHP for our Homemade Pancakes to 295 PHP for our delicious and filling European breakfast and all these come with either an instant coffee, hot tea or a soft drink of your choice.

Sorry to hear the water was giving you problems we understand it's not ideal to have have a shower with only a little bit of water so we are now in the process of installing a large water tank so next time you're here you will have better water pressure.

It's an amazing view isn't it, we never get tired of looking at it and all of our guests talk about the beautiful view overlooking the bay.

Again, thanks for the kind review and see you back here real soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

badladz is really an amazing place. The employee's are very nice. This resort has a very quick access to the proper town of PG,some activities and specially when a person like me love diving. I stayed at badladz resort for a couple of days. it is a very relaxing place, very yummy Mexican food,i love their burrito! and as a foreigner married to a Filipina I can understand tagalog. One time I was so hurt when I heard the owner of the resort, which is a Filipina also, saying some bad words to her staff. IT was an accident, i didn't mean to listen to their Conversation but what I heard from the owner was really inappropriate, its not the proper way of treating an employee. I never treat my wife like that or even put her on such a enormous embarrassment. Badladz employee are so loveable and nice people, you can really feel that they treat you like a member of the family. Mrs. Cooney should value what her staff doing for her. Cause without them your resort is empty like a whole. But aside from that the resort was really an amazing and unforgettable place.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
BADLADZRESORT, Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thanks for taking your time to leave a review, Andy!

We’re glad that you had such a good time at our resort, and loved the staff and the food. It always really boosts our spirits when we hear guests had a good time here. After all, that's why we're doing it..

Sorry you had to witness one of the less pleasant moments of what happens when running a business. We have an amazing team here, and we all get along great. There’s lots of fun involved for everybody who works here, and we’re having a really good time. Sometimes it feels more like a family than a business.

However, as in every relationship, sometimes things clash. Unfortunately, that’s part of running a resort that places high value on the service we deliver to our guests. While I cannot recall the specific instance you’re referring to, I’m pretty sure there was a deeper rooted conflict here. I can almost guarantee that that staff member isn’t working anymore with us, because they upset the tranquil atmosphere we’re trying to create here at the resort.

I’m sorry you had to witness this. Maybe I didn't use the nicest words in this instance - I'll keep that in mind from now on.

But thanks a lot for leaving your feedback.

If you ever come back, I'm happy to talk with you about it in person. We welcome you back again anytime to come eat another delicious burrito. We're preparing a new menu soon - I'm sure there's plenty of yummy food on there that you will enjoy. ;-)

Thanks,