“Fantastic Place”

Badladz Dive Resort
Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I have visited Puerto Galera several times. My choice for accomodation is always Badladz.It is the most convenient hotel to the pier. Set up on the hill with great views of the bay.

They have good sized rooms with AC and clean bathrooms, comfortable beds. Laundry service is available.

If the pier/bay area is not for you.... The second Badladz beach resort is only a few km away with a beach and pool.

Badladz staff are very friendly and always accommodating.
The restaurant boasts a good selection on the menu, however its hard to start the day with anything other than the famed Badladz 'Huevos Rancheros'.
I have also noticed that the restaurant will cater to larger groups with special dietary requests.

The dive shop is on site and is staffed with experienced dive masters and instructors who can help with any and all of your diving needs.
One local instructor speaks many languages. The other is Irish, so a translator may be required... Just kidding, did I mention the laughs are free

All in all, if you go to Puerto Galera. This is the place to stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Hi Richard J,

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving us such a positive review, we really appreciate it.

I am trilled to see you enjoyed the great views of the bay we have here at Badladz. It's a great spot to unwind after a busy day traveling from the city.

And like you said we have our sister resort that guests who stay in either Badladz can visit ,they can use the beach and pool when ever they want.

The staff will be happy to hear the kind words you said about them and the chef will be glad to see the great compliment you said about the Huevos Rancheros :)

We hope the next time you come Gavin's accent has improved :) just kidding,

Thanks again for the kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back for more laughs.

Until then , take care.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have stayed at Badladz on three occasions totalling about three weeks in all. The place is perfectly situated just minutes walk from Muelle ferry pier and downtown Puerto Galera. The price is right and the rooms are clean and quite with beautiful harbour views from common balcony areas. The waterfront bar and restaurant also offers good value. Above all, the staff are fantastic with excellent local knowledge. Custom dive trips and instruction are organised on the spot and are highly professional. I can recommend the place as the perfect a base for Puerto Galera activities. Badladz also has a sister resort right on the beach just minutes out of town. Also good value and ideal for a quiet beachside escape. Alan from Australia

Room Tip: Pay a fraction more for a higher up room that looks out over the bay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Hi Alan,

Thank you so much for leaving us such a positive review , we really appreciate it. We are glad you found our staff so friendly and I will be happy to pass on to them the kind compliment you left for them.

It was lovely having you here and see you back here soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Home away from home.
Hospitable & Friendly Staff.
Relaxing aura all over the place.
Good beer.:-)
Nice accommodation for normal person.
Delicious Food's.
....................................
One of the best.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Hi CharlieVicTan ,

Thank you so much for leaving a review for us Charlie , we really do appreciate it, I am really pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we always like having friendly people like you around.

See you back here soon for some more good beer and delicious food's.

Take care.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Well priced, clean rooms. Staff were helpful and inclusive. Food was really good too. Attached dive centre is thorough and dives were exciting. They know the best spots. Instructors made it safe and adventurous. Will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Hi Greg S.

Thanks for giving us a positive review, We enjoy your feedback as it gives us more motivation to make our guests happy.

I'll let the all the staff and the guys in the dive shop know the great words you said about them.

Looking forward to seeing you back here soon.

Thanks

Maylen Cooney.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

A perfect situation, very convenient for arrival and departure, perfect for diving, in a peaceful and quite area, and not so far from the night life. Employees are very nice and very friendly.
If you are looking for the good balance between price, location, atmosphere and diving, Badladz is a very good choice.

• Stayed: December 2013
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Hi Patatum,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review , we really value your feedback.

We are pleased to see you had a great experience here. We agree ,it is so easy to find Badladz once you get off the ferry in Muelle and I will be sure to let the staff know the kind words you said about them.

See you back here soon.

Safe travels.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have a lot of fun when I was there...the people that's working there was really nice and funny...the place is amazing and they surprise us cause it was my mom's birthday...I would go there again if my parents let me go...NICE PLACE TO DIVE ..and amazing food

Room Tip: -be friendly -ask them about things you wanted to know (they are really friendly) -be willing to d...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
BADLADZRESORT, Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hi Chen97,

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to give us feedback, we really value it. So happy to hear you had fun here and I will pass it on to the staff what you said. We hope you enjoyed your Mother's Birthday and we look forward to seeing you guys here again for some nice diving and more amazing food.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Booked here because wanted convenient location to the pier and know it's a quiet area. Had eaten here in the past and didn't expect too much from the rooms. Had several trips to PG area and stayed in various places and would not chose here again as others better and cheaper (even with small discount for 4 nights off season). Booked direct with them and had to pay full amount ahead into their bank. Sadly for us meant we paid for 2 nights ehen we weren't there as we left early due to oncoming typhoon and not wanting to get stranded with no boats running. The manager did not seem to have the power to offer us any refund as a courtesy but we were offered food instead (we chose to decline as our eating experiences here not enjoyable for my taste. Had shakes when we arrived this time- I couldn't drink mine as much to sweet and milky for my taste- it was like a glass of evaporated milk with a teaspoon of mango stirred in, my husband's shake was full of pineapple strings he kept spitting out. Also, in my opinion better and cheaper food close by especially yummy Casa Italia in town where you can share a pizza. Breakfast better for me at Le Bistro and includes a good brewed coffee)
Room- booked a one-bedded room for 2 people- expected a double bed... but although the base double sized the mattress was smaller and terrible- a cramped lumpy mattress! Thankfully we were apologetically and kindly asked to move due to hammering as they did building works. The bigger room was less depressing and interestingly had double mattress on smaller than double base (is this a ploy to make you pay for a bigger room???). Powerful fan and aircon but hot water only worked half the time.
As they invariably are in such a friendly country staff were nice and let us check into our room early.
If you will be out all day, need the convenience and eat and drink in other places (cheaper beer 1 minute along the pier) as well it's okay but not the type of room to enjoy relaxing in.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dabrahall

Hi Dabrahall ,

Thanks for your honest feedback Dabra , We appreciate both the positive and negative reviews as it lets us know what we need to improve on so we don't have another guest feeling the same way. I know how it feels when I go somewhere and it doesn't meet my expectations and I certainly don't wont a guest here feeling the same way. We always use this as a chance to fix the problems that our guests tell us about.

I'm pleased to hear you found getting here convenient ,It is one of the big benefits for our hotel that we are so easy to find and get to.

I'm sorry to hear that you felt there is better rooms available elsewhere, since you have stayed here we have renovated many of the rooms so we hope they are more to your taste next time.

I apologize for the inconvenience the typhoon brought you and we are working on having a better procedure in place for handling such problems in the future.

To address some of your concerns regarding the food I will start by saying we now ask all our customers who order shakes if they would like added sugar in their shake or not. Everyone's taste buds are different and some people enjoy sweet shakes while others prefer a natural taste and that's fine for us. You can now choose . As for the pineapple problem I think what happened was the pineapple wasn't quite ready yet to be used , sorry for that . We have since talked about it with the staff and we now make sure the fruits are all at their best before using them.

And of course we have no problem with our guests eating elsewhere in Puerto Galera ,everyone's tastes is different and that is what traveling is all about , having new experiences. I myself have recommended guests to go try the pizza in Casa Italia that have a similar price range to our own menu . Since you where here we can now included more European breakfast dishes on our menu so the food will appeal to a wider group such as yourself and freshly brewed coffee is always available here.

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy the mattress , all our mattresses are double sized and while the base may be ever so slightly larger the difference between the base of the bed and mattress is maybe three inches each side and we don't do this as a ploy to make you pay for a bigger room , it was just the way the carpenter built the beds at the time. Also along with our renovations you witnessed when you where here we have replaced a number of mattresses in the rooms.

I understand also you have a problem with the hot water supply , to fix this problem we have added a new large water tank so that we will have far better water pressure from now on.

Thank you again for your honest feedback and it is received positively. I hope that this does not turn you off Badladz forever and you are willing to give us another chance with our new upgrades.

Safe travels :)