I had a great stay at Badladz while getting my PADI Open Water license with them. The rooms are simple but clean. The restaurant was good and right along the water. The hotel/restaurant staff were very friendly and attentive. Also, very convenient from the pier and you can hop right on the boat when you are ready to dive. If you aren't planning to dive, you might check out their other backpacker hotel as it has a pool, yard and beachfront.
I wish the wifi worked in the room but you really won't want to linger in there anyway. Internet anywhere in Puerto Galera is generally slow and there are occasional power blackouts. During the day, Badladz has you covered with a generator but at night noise regs prevent them from running it.
The dive crews were great and the equipment looked very new. If you are diving and the price is right, this is the place for you. If you want upscale, I'd find a nicer hotel but still use these guys for your diving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best of the Puerto Galera resorts! Our hotel is small, quiet and very clean. Located on the Yacht Harbour in Puerto Galera Bay at the "quiet" end of the main tourist pier, Muelle Pier. Our location is very convenient for travelers. You will be only 6 km from both Sabang and White Beach making it the best of both worlds. This makes it a nice alternative to the crowds at both these locations yet close enough to enjoy these spots, far enough away for rest and relaxation. You simply MUST try our famous International restaurant. We are highly rated here on TripAdvisor and serve the best Mexican food on the island. If you have come to learn how to dive, whether you are a complete beginner and just started learning to dive, or you’re an experienced diver looking to expand your qualifications, you’ve come to the right place. Our in-house dive shop offers you everything you need to discover the beautiful underwater world of Puerto Galera – no matter what your skill level is. We’ll take you to the best diving spots in Puerto Galera, which is one of the most beautiful bays in the world. You will find that staying here at BADLADZ Dive Resort is great value for your money and offers many conveniences whether you're here to dive or to enjoy the surrounding activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Badladz Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badladz Adventure Hotel Puerto Galera
- Badladz Hotel Puerto Galera