“Been here 7 Months...Still Not Sick of This Place”

Badladz Dive Resort
Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I've been bouncing back and forth between Badladz Beach Resort and the Dive resort for about 7 months total by the time I leave. I've just been working and relaxing and living it up the entire time!

I love both places. Both have amazing sunrise views, and all kinds of adventures right outside your door, like diving, beaches, a beautiful pool, even martial arts. The staff is awesome and are friends at this point. The food is freaking awesome (I've gone other places and the best I've found is right in the resort) and I can honestly say that waking up to the amazing ocean view every day has given me the biggest smile every time I wake up in the morning. Check it out, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rajasic
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Hi Rajasic ,

Thanks you so much for leaving us your feedback , it's really nice to see the kind words you said . We are glad to see you liked our staff and thought the food was awesome also :) .

We look forward to seeing you again.

Maylen Cooney.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at Badladz resort on 19 July 2014, it was the rainy season yet I was still able to get 4 dives in, in only a day and a half on the island, I really appreciate the fact that they are willing to take you out diving even if you are a solo diver which in my case was true. Gavin is a runs a great dive shop and combined with a convenient hotel and restaurant make this a great stop. I will be returning.

Room Tip: try not to go during the rainy season.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Doug W
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Hi Doug W ,

Thank you so much for the review , we always appreciate guests taking the time to share with others their experience here. As always we have no problem accommodating big and small groups so even when it's just the one person we still go out to show you all the cool animals underwater that make diving in Puerto Galera special.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Don't be put off by 4 out of 5 stars, I'm a tough critic.

Badladz Dive Resort is a simple hotel with a great staff and dive shop. The resort is quietly tucked into Puerto Galera right next to the ferry dock. The rooms are simple but very quiet. The restaurant was really pretty good and I ate most of my meals right on site. The website does a very good job of instructing you on how to get to Puerto Galera if you are flying into the Philippines, which I appreciated for my first trip.

The dive shop made everything so easy I will definitely go back. Gavin runs a great team. The team knew the area very well, and were very flexible which I loved. I enjoyed a bit too much nightlife on a couple of occasions during my stay and they pushed my morning dives to the afternoon on a moments notice without an issue. I met the dive team at the hotel restaurant and the boat was docked at the hotel so I was about 50m from my dive boat as soon as I rolled out of bed. Diving with Badladz was like diving with old friends. I wouldn't even consider diving with another shop.

Badladz is a great place to stay if you want access to nightlife without being stuck in the middle of it. The best nightlife is a short trike ride away that only cost a couple of bucks. I took the ride over to the bars several nights but when I'm on vacation I like a slow start to my day, and Badladz was a nice quiet place to drink some coffee, get some breakfast and check my Email before starting the day.

It's worth repeating, it's the people that make Badladz so special.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank GabrielJohnstone

Hi GabrielJohnstone ,

I would like to personally thank you for writing such a nice review about us. We do our best to make sure guests like yourself have a great time while at Badladz. We look forward to seeing you here soon

Thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We are just back from a holiday in Puerto Galera. We accidently came accross Badladz Dive center and we were extremely pleased we did. We went on four double dives with them and each dive was a different location and a different challenge, there was always plenty to see. Each day we were collected on time by boat from our hotel at Sandbar. There was never more than 4 divers and all equipment was either new or seemed new. The boat was great to dive from and easy to get back onto. The dive masters Gavin and Maurice were friendly, experienced and very professional. We had a great time and we would certainly return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CarlingDublin

Hi CarlingDublin ,

Thanks very much for your review , we always like to read about the good experiences our past guests had with us , we always try to give our guests the best time we can. Also like you mentioned we have either very new equipment or it gets serviced regularly to make sure it's up to a high standard.

We hope to see you guys back here soon for more dives.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Really enjoyed my stay in Badladz Beach Resort. It offer clean small rooms (with AC) in reasonable price. It was very quiet there, but TV program and other activities can be heard from other room though. Personnel very friendly and helpful.
I attended Open Water Scuba Diving course organised by Badladz. Everything went conveniently and professionally. Gavin is excellent scuba diving instructor! Not only technically skilled but also has great attitude in safety and environment. We saw a large number of sea animals and most memorable was big turtle!
For diving this is the place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jasako

Hi Jasako ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review , we really appreciate you letting others know the positive experience you had with us.I will let Gavin know the nice words you said about him.Sorry about the room noise from your neighbors, if you let us know we have no problem asking them nicely to turn it down a little.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Impeccable service from the hotel staff and the crew at the diving shop. The rooms are simple but comfortable. The Mexican restaurant is more than adequate and serves generous portions for a very fair price. It's the ideal place for divers on budget.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank marcandrecote13
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Hi Marcandrecote13,

I am really happy to read you enjoyed your stay here with us , I will be sure to let all the staff know the kind words you said about them and I am glad to see you like our food.

Thanks again for the nice review and we hope we see you again.

Regards

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had the privilege of having my very first scuba dive with Badladz dive shop. Gavin is a master at keeping me from drowning. A very professional team. I had the time of my life and will return here for many more dives. Thank You to all!

Room Tip: I did not stay but will my next trip.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David B

Hi David B,

Thanks again for choosing us to dive with and we hope you had an awesome time.Of course, I am glad to hear you didn't drown :)

Thanks again for the nice review and we hope we see you again under the water.

Regards