When we arrived, the room that we were supposed to get was not available. I was worried since the person at the front desk said, "something out of their control". However, I was pleasently surprised by the room that they put us into. The room had a giant balcony on it with an outside kitchen and seating area. The staff was very friendly. I found the hotel to be in a very quiet location, away from the center of town, but just a 5 minute walk. The furniture in the room was rustic looking, yet relatively new. It added to the charm of the location. The balcony overlook had a great ocean view. I was expecting the restuarant in the hotel to be OK, but it was really the best place to eat. The food was great.
The only tip I would add is if you are traveling to Puerto Galera on your own, leave Manila early, by 1 pm. The last ferry is at 5 pm. You may hear it takes 2 hours to get to the port, but if you are riding on a commercial bus it can take a lot longer! Also, plan to leave early on the morning you check out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its serene and quaint beachfront surroundings fronting Small La Laguna Beach, Puerto Galera, Asia Divers and El Galleon Beach Resort and have thirty air-conditioned rooms that blend into the tropical hillside. Majestic views of Sabang Bay and Small Lalaguna Beach, with a restaurant which extends to the water’s edge offering a great value in European and local cuisine, a small pool for learning how to dive, spa, and all the hotel amenities and necessities one needs to totally enjoy his/her stay. The dive facility is less than a year old and there is nothing like it in Asia! We have a diving platform with a large pontoon where boats can easily dock making it easy for guests to get on and off the boats. Divers have their own crate for storage in a spacious area, a dedicated camera room; you are well looked after by the crew who are there to help you with anything you may need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your El Galleon Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Galleon Beach Resort And Hotel
- El Galleon Beach Hotel Puerto Galera