To get a five start review a place should be exceptional, and this place is not quite that, but it is really, really good. The pool view room was small. Only room for one bedside table, and a room table would have been useful to drop stuff on. (We used the top of the fridge) The wardrobe was large with lots of hangers. The bathroom was big and well lit. The towels were very good, and water pressure, while not exceptional, was fine. All in all, the room covered all the bases.
The resaurant was large and OK, the best thing was the Friday curry night. But there are loads of restaurants aloong the front and in the town, and it is good to go out and try different ones. Get input from other guests. Everybody compares ther experiences.
There is a small but OK pool, but only four loungers. There is room for another four.
The diving operation is very good. Jamie was a wonderful dive guide. My wife and I completed 500 logged dives while we were there and the dive centre (Asia Divers) gave us a celebratory tee-shirt and a round of applause from everyone in the Point Bar on our final night. Lovely people. We had a really enjoyable time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its serene and quaint beachfront surroundings fronting Small La Laguna Beach, Puerto Galera, Asia Divers and El Galleon Beach Resort and have thirty air-conditioned rooms that blend into the tropical hillside. Majestic views of Sabang Bay and Small Lalaguna Beach, with a restaurant which extends to the water’s edge offering a great value in European and local cuisine, a small pool for learning how to dive, spa, and all the hotel amenities and necessities one needs to totally enjoy his/her stay. The dive facility is less than a year old and there is nothing like it in Asia! We have a diving platform with a large pontoon where boats can easily dock making it easy for guests to get on and off the boats. Divers have their own crate for storage in a spacious area, a dedicated camera room; you are well looked after by the crew who are there to help you with anything you may need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your El Galleon Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Galleon Beach Hotel Puerto Galera
- El Galleon Beach Resort And Hotel