This seems like the type of resort frequented by the same guests and old timers through out the year. However, as my boyfriend and I were looking for a last-minute place to stay for the weekend, it was our first time at the El Galleon and were comforted by the warm reviews.
The moment we got here, the friendly staff informed us that the poolside room we booked via Agoda was no longer available so they would be transferring us to their budget room (room 5) for the first night. The trade-off would be letting us stay in their "Sea View" Room (room 2) for the last night of our stay. We agreed as there was no choice.
The budget room had a horrible bathroom with a leaning sink and broken shelf that would cause anything placed on top of it to fall directly into the toilet. But, once again this was fine since we would be transferring to their suite the next day.
The following afternoon, I approached the front desk and it was clearly written on their office board: "ROOM 5 MOVE TO ROOM 2". The girl was nice and said room 2 was ready with the key and we could transfer. Housekeeping staff fetched us from our room and took us there, which was a definite upgrade from the budget room.
After a few hours in white beach, we return to room 2 find all our things gone. The aircon was on and someone else was clearly taking a shower in our bathroom plus a new set of bags were strewn all over the floor. Slightly peeved, we leave quietly and approach the front desk who decided to move us once again to a third room by the pool.
Without even an apology, the staff informed us that "these things happen all the time, even in our 5-star Waimea residences". we were expected to understand that Agoda bookings were of the lowest priority at the hotel.
Not a single apology was said by either of the staff members, and it felt as if we were treated this way just because we aren't one of their regular customers. Don't ever stay here!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its serene and quaint beachfront surroundings fronting Small La Laguna Beach, Puerto Galera, Asia Divers and El Galleon Beach Resort and have thirty air-conditioned rooms that blend into the tropical hillside. Majestic views of Sabang Bay and Small Lalaguna Beach, with a restaurant which extends to the water’s edge offering a great value in European and local cuisine, a small pool for learning how to dive, spa, and all the hotel amenities and necessities one needs to totally enjoy his/her stay. The dive facility is less than a year old and there is nothing like it in Asia! We have a diving platform with a large pontoon where boats can easily dock making it easy for guests to get on and off the boats. Divers have their own crate for storage in a spacious area, a dedicated camera room; you are well looked after by the crew who are there to help you with anything you may need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your El Galleon Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Galleon Beach Hotel Puerto Galera
- El Galleon Beach Resort And Hotel